Zone1 Are any Christians here interested to know WHY Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah?

Original sin wasn't doctrine until the 3rd century AD.

well, how then do you explain why jesus would sacrifice himself in the 1st century for something invented in the 3rd.

in fact how is there a delineation from the moses errant account, the jews and christian accounts. and the true simple quest for self determination and remission to paradise granted a&e by their own request.

- as those that followed jesus for that reason that believed in liberation theology and not the fallacies of moses and judiasm..

I’ve just been reading along, since this exchange with Merriweather is about Christian beliefs and not related to Jewish beliefs, but why do you say you belong to two different religions? Aren’t you both Christian?

Thanks for asking. I say that because there are a number of doctrines taught by the Catholic Church that are not in line with what the bible says. That is one of the main reasons why I never went back to the Catholic church as an adult once I became a believer. (My Dad was an atheist and my Mom a Catholic, so as a child she took my sisters and I to Catholic church and I went through "first communion", "confirmation" etc. There were a number of years that I didn't set foot in any church and was about as unreligious as one can get. Years later I became a born again Christian as an adult, but I have been going to non-denominational bible-based churches.)

To me the only thing that matters is truth. I don't like religion in and of itself, I don't see the point of any religion if it's just a tradition or cultural thing, or if false doctrines are taught.

Btw, this is random but a quote just came to my mind. I'm paraphrasing but it goes something like "if a church is boring, then it's not about God." Because there's nothing boring about God. lol

Sigh. It is not being "intellectual". I am merely sharing what I have learned in studies about the Messiah and the use of the word.

However, it is good to know when someone is not interested in the depths of why Christians came to believe as they do and why Jews did not.

For me, both are interesting stories and it explains why we are not one religion/faith. I find it fascinating that a single word had such a great impact that it broke faith into two and then went on to create such passionate, violent acts against the other.

I understand... but I don't think that it's that word that broke the faith in two. Also, I'm sorry if the tone of my last post was short or unfriendly. I'm going to sign off here now, I need to eat and have my quiet time before doing anything else. :)

ETA: In regard to the second paragraph of your post, on the contrary, I absolutely AM interested in why Christians came to believe as they do and why Jews did not, in fact that's one of the things I've been talking about on this thread, with another poster.

Last edited:
It was more or less when a name was given to the first sin of mankind.

- mankind is not an individual that sins, all sinners could compose mankind that is yet to be determined.

as the parable and source for the religion of antiquity - will conclude, one or the other.

- no desert religion need apply .... to be successful.

To me the only thing that matters is truth. I don't like religion in and of itself, I don't see the point of any religion if it's just a tradition or cultural thing, or if false doctrines are taught
THIS (first sentence) is what distinguishes a Christian from a CINO

Show me Muhammed in the OT.
try an islamic website-----they got it CLEAR AS A BELL
well, how then do you explain why jesus would sacrifice himself in the 1st century for something invented in the 3rd.

in fact how is there a delineation from the moses errant account, the jews and christian accounts. and the true simple quest for self determination and remission to paradise granted a&e by their own request.

- as those that followed jesus for that reason that believed in liberation theology and not the fallacies of moses and judiasm..
"sacrifice himself" ??? consider it, breezie

"sacrifice himself" ??? consider it, breezie

consider what ...

the omission by the c-bible - during that time no one believed in the sin they claim jesus chose to sacrifice himself for ... that is entirely made up - by their bible latter.

the 1st century events were a repudiation of moses and judiasm the cowardly jews then used the romans, supposedly their enemy to kill jesus under false accusations ...

- jesus was simply murdered for expressing the true heavenly religion of antiquity, liberation theology, self determination ... those in the 1st century (desert area) were to neanderthal to understand.

... for your consideration - 91 which would it be ...

consider what ...

the omission by the c-bible - during that time no one believed in the sin they claim jesus chose to sacrifice himself for ... that is entirely made up - by their bible latter.

the 1st century events were a repudiation of moses and judiasm the cowardly jews then used the romans, supposedly their enemy to kill jesus under false accusations ...

- jesus was simply murdered for expressing the true heavenly religion of antiquity, liberation theology, self determination ... those in the 1st century (desert area) were to neanderthal to understand.

... for your consideration - 91 which would it be ...
quetiapine to start-----consult your doctor <<<this is not medical advice---consult your PMD

Except that Jesus didn’t fulfill the requirements for the Messiah, according to Jewish beliefs. A big one is that he would be a human being, and not a deity. The very idea of the latter is in violation of Jewish beliefs.
Yes, I understand that. However, I am a Christian not a Jew. I have known and worked with Jewish people and have quite an admiration for them and support the survival of Israel.

Our beliefs on religion differ.

It is good to KNOW----Islam is modeled on christianity----SHARIA LAW is
and almost exact replica of CANON LAW. -----sorry folks----I ain't Leviticus or
Talmud. Canon law ain't Leviticus-----it is more like GREEK LAW
Nothing in Islam is true. Total lie in my opinion.

Nothing in Islam is true.

I don't think that's true. Even false religions contain at least some truth... but not the most important truth, which is what makes a religion false, iyam.

One thing I appreciate about Muslims is that they're always very respectful when it comes to Jesus. I mean, in situations like interacting with people of other faiths, for example like in comments sections online and stuff like that.

Except that Jesus didn’t fulfill the requirements for the Messiah, according to Jewish beliefs. A big one is that he would be a human being, and not a deity. The very idea of the latter is in violation of Jewish beliefs.
Well, since the 1st century church was JEWISH, your "Jewish beliefs" today may not be what they were in the 1st century.

When you place your "beliefs" over everything else, you leave no possibility for growth.

Every Passover points to the reason Jesus had to come to die. Jews, of all people, should have understood the symbolism

"nothing in islam is true"---is kinda BESIDE THE POINT. Socially---it describes a complex and
FUNCTIONAL SOCIAL SYSTEM OPEN YOUR MIND TO REALITY
Islam is from the pit of hell. If you're a woman you should be aware of the evil misogynistic social system of Islam.

I don't think that's true. Even false religions contain at least some truth... but not the most important truth, which is what makes a religion false, iyam.

One thing I appreciate about Muslims is that they're always very respectful when it comes to Jesus. I mean, in situations like interacting with people of other faiths, for example like in comments sections online and stuff like that.
buttercup----no doubt you are cute like a little buttercup----BUT YOU NEVER MET MUSLIMS.
I have. I have worked CLOSELY with muslims for many decades. I can ASSURE YOU----as utterly
disdainful of my religion----which is Judaism--and also on other religious of the people with whom
I also worked ----like HINDUISM and BUDDHISM-----muslims EXPECTORATE and DEFECATE and
ERUCTATE-----on christianity. The BS "we honor the virgin mother and jesus----is pure and
utter BS-----they honor the MUSLIMAH MARY and THE MUSLIM JESUS. The very first time I was in a mosque (do not gasp---more than 50 years ago----it was a GOOD FRIDAY-----the topic of the
"SERMON" (khutbah jumaat) was the FACT that christians are PERVERSE LIARS and the ENEMEEES
OF ISLAAAAM.) This, directed at a bunch of muslim kids-----Good friday----school holiday in New YORK CITY. I was an invited visitor-----I took deep breaths to avoid vomiting on the carpet

Jesus actually addressed the conquering Messiah and Judge aspect and why He didn't come YET to deliver ISRAEL (not JUST the Jews) in Luke 12:

I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division

That's what the devil does, takes a partial truth to deceive. Like a baited hook to a fish.

Forum List

Back