Zone1 Are any Christians here interested to know WHY Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah?

Both here and IRL, Christians feel quite comfortable telling Jews why they are wrong - and why Jesus was the Messiah. (It’s quite rude when Christians keeping arguing and warning Jews they will be damned, that G-d is angry with them, etc.), but they never are willing to hear why Jews don’t believe Jesus was the Messiah.

It’s as if they only want to tell Jews (“you’re wrong, and I’ll tell you why) and never want to hear the reasons for the opposite - why Jews think Christians are wrong.

So I’ve written to Christians asking if they would be interested in hearing the Jewish perspective, and they never respond. So I’m asking now:

Are there any Christians here who would like to understand why Jesus is not the Messiah - from the Jewish perspective - or must we simply be silent about our opposite view?

Thank you.
I’m kind of indifferent. But why not just state your case?

I’m kind of indifferent. But why not just state your case?
I did, upthread.

But if you’re indifferent, you’re really not my “target audience.” I’ve had to endure years of VERY insistent lectures as to why Jesus was the Messiah and how Jews like me are going to hell, and when I’ve tried to tell them why Jews don’t believe in Jesus, they put their palm up and say they don’t want to hear it. (I, however, am supposed to hear THEM.)

So I just wanted an opportunity to tell a more tolerant, kinder Christian WHY Jesus does not fulfill the Torah description of the Messiah, and I’ve done so. So I feel better.

I did, upthread.

But if you’re indifferent, you’re really not my “target audience.” I’ve had to endure years of VERY insistent lectures as to why Jesus was the Messiah and how Jews like me are going to hell, and when I’ve tried to tell them why Jews don’t believe in Jesus, they put their palm up and say they don’t want to hear it. (I, however, am supposed to hear THEM.)

So I just wanted an opportunity to tell a more tolerant, kinder Christian WHY Jesus does not fulfill the Torah description of the Messiah, and I’ve done so. So I feel better.
What post number was it?

I did, upthread.

Glad you feel better, but you won't win converts among Christians. They're still gonna believe what they believe, just like I don't expect you to change -- yet. And He DOES fulfill the prophecy

BTW, I get the same responses from "Christians" when I try to explain that their concept of an ever burning hell just isn't biblical.

What post number was it?

But if you are going to try to negate my points, I hope you will be able to restrain yourself. I’ve heard it all, many, many times. I just wanted to explain things from the Jewish perspective.

) The Messiah will obey the Law, and lead the people to full Torah observance - as all commandments are binding forever. Jesus did not do this, and changed the law. He told Jews that kashrut was no longer necessary, and he violated the Sabbath.

He violated the added rules of the leaders you respect.

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven

Glad you feel better, but you won't win converts among Christians. They're still gonna believe what they believe, just like I don't expect you to change -- yet. And He DOES fulfill the prophecy

BTW, I get the same responses from "Christians" when I try to explain that their concept of an ever burning hell just isn't biblical.
If you read your Tanach you would know Jews are not allowed to proselytyze.

But if you are going to try to negate my points, I hope you will be able to restrain yourself. I’ve heard it all, many, many times. I just wanted to explain things from the Jewish perspective.
In other words, you want to make a statement without responses or feedback. Sometimes you have a very liberal mentality

There is a simple response…
Take a few years to read Tanach and then give me a call.

By even stating your beliefs you are. You just don't want to call it that.

And the dirty littles secret is WHY you don't want to share what you believe is "God Knowledge"
I want you to study something and you’re saying that means I’m trying to hide something?
That makes zero sense.

By even stating your beliefs you are. You just don't want to call it that.

And the dirty littles secret is WHY you don't want to share what you believe is "God Knowledge"
I am responding to the post stating that Lisa is looking for converts when she is looking for people to bug off.

Huh? Converts?? That’s not why started this thread. Furthest thing from my mind, as Jews aren’t allowed to go out and convert people.

i just wanted to be able to tell Christians why he does NOT fulfill the prophesies, in accordance with the Torah. (And yet you still had to get in another dig with “and he DOES fulfill the prophecy.”

No he does not. I’ve explained why. Where’s the 3rd temple? Why aren’t all the Jews in Israel? Why are there still wars?

I may or may not “restrain” myself. Lol. Since I don’t know what you’ve heard.

I’m not particularly religious. I believe in God. I don’t believe God believes in religion. So I’m not an authority on who qualifies as the Messiah. I can discuss these things only based on the various scriptures and prophecies.

I’ll take a peek at #10.

I am responding to the post stating that Lisa is looking for converts when she is looking for people to bug off.
Thank you!

Although of course I do want the annoying proselytizers to bug off, it’s really that I am fed up with being force-fed their lectures on how wrong I am, and then they absolutely refuse to hear my position.

I see similarities between Evangelicals and Leftists, although they think they‘re polar opposites.

I may or may not “restrain” myself. Lol. Since I don’t know what you’ve heard.

I’m not particularly religious. I believe in God. I don’t believe God believes in religion. So I’m not an authority on who qualifies as the Messiah. I can discuss these things only based on the various scriptures and prophecies.

I’ll take a peek at #10.
If you are not a Jew, you are simply required to obey the Law of the Land.

Forum List

Back