Are Christians intolerant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone is intolerant. The question then becomes what are we intolerant of? And what do we do about that intolerance

Im intolerant of people lying to me. Im intolerant of violence against women. I'm intolerant people avoiding responsibility for their actions.

What I do in reaction is to speak out against such action.

God is intolerate of sin. He cannot look at sin with the least degree of allowance. Because of that He provided a Plan of Redemption so that we can overcome sin through Christ.

Intolerance is buzz word used by people who don't bother thinking and who want to pretend they are somehow better than others with no effort on their own part. It's an excuse they use to avoid speaking out against bad things.

You're also intolerant of the true gospel that I preach but it's obvious you're not intolerant to the false gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John that the Roman religious leaders put together to deceive all their Christians.

ask the gays

You can even ask me that question and the answer is, most Christians are intolerant to the true gospel. Each Christian makes up his own rules that his god has to obey. In other words, Christians are their own gods who judge everyone else on this planet.

Our Creator gave man this commandment, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor", but Christians don't obey His commandments. They can only obey their own laws made from the "beast" and "satan".

Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, et. al ---- blatantly, openly intolerant of everything unless it's another evangelical nut case like them.
Evangelicals consider Mormons to be a cult.
Mormonism IS a heretical cult. Mormons are apostates. One item : they deny the fundamental doctrine of the Trinity.

What No tee Party pleez said is true - The christian religion I was raised in was much more tolerant than the nutters we see now. Or, at least i think they were. Actually, seems like what I remember is the worst it got was little old ladies jealous of each other's hats. Nothing at all like robertson, falwell hatred and downright insanity.
A small confirmation of what I wrote. If Christians do not strive for political power, they are harmless -- or, at least, relatively harmless.

When they scheme for political power, they quickly become satanic monsters -- or, at least, give willing support to satanic monsters.

The self proclaimed expert on everything Christians has decided to prove how little he knows once again.

I think that many social traditionalist evangelical and fundamentalist Christians, who make up a small minority of American Christianity, can be and are at times intolerant of other Americans and their beliefs.

Almost as intolernt as the people who lie about themselves to get frends.

numan and The Word expose the silliness of the extremes, which is their right and our blessing.

Neither Numan nor The word represent Christianity though. I don't know what they are but it isn't bible based beliefs I'm hearing from either.

-Jeri

Jeri, many of us don't think Pentecostals, fundamentalists, or evangelicals represent good Christianity, either.

Neither Numan nor The word represent Christianity though. I don't know what they are but it isn't bible based beliefs I'm hearing from either.

-Jeri

Christians have no idea what the symbolic prophecies mean but the Word does. In fact, all the original documents that the Romans confiscated from the saints as they arrested them, were written words that God puts in our minds as we write them in our own native language so we can understand the invisible "Christ" or "Word of God" that we were created as.

The Roman religious leaders destroyed most of these writings by the saints because they had no clue what the contents meant. We saints write about heavenly things that sinners cannot understand. Since the Romans didn't want anymore saints around, they made sure to write a new testament that appeared "Christ-like" but not enough knowledge left to learn about what a true saint was.

They used the first saint as god on earth (Jesus in English), which is a total lie because our flesh comes from the false information called "Lucifer" and the reason all flesh in this age is destroyed.

There were a few things in the new testament that was left without being changed by the Romans so when God has me read it. I can see the lies that the Romans added and the writings that are still intact from "Christ", which all us saints are witnesses of and testify to (in writings and speech) as we preach the gospel. Even our bodily movements are testimonies of "Christ" because we don't use them for worldly desires as sinners do.

numan and The Word expose the silliness of the extremes, which is their right and our blessing.

The true gospel is only silly to unbelievers who can't hear the Truth. These prophecies show us saints what will happen when we began preaching the gospel to these kind of sinners.

Psalm 41
5: My enemies say of me in malice: "When will he die, and his name perish?"
6: And when one comes to see me, he utters empty words, while his heart gathers mischief; when he goes out, he tells it abroad.
7: All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.

Jeremiah 7
27: "So you shall speak all these words to them, but they will not listen to you. You shall call to them, but they will not answer you.
28: And you shall say to them, `This is the nation that did not obey the voice of the LORD their God, and did not accept discipline; truth has perished; it is cut off from their lips.

However, we also know that some people will believe the gospel we preach and some of these will be Christians.

1 John 4:
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Jeri, many of us don't think Pentecostals, fundamentalists, or evangelicals represent good Christianity, either.

Really.

Let him die

Feed the poor and they will breed

Make disaster victims pay to be rescued

I went to Catholic School and I can't remember any of these being "taught" except as examples of what's "bad".

The true gospel is only silly to unbelievers who can't hear the Truth. These prophecies show us saints what will happen when we began preaching the gospel to these kind of sinners.

Psalm 41
5: My enemies say of me in malice: "When will he die, and his name perish?"
6: And when one comes to see me, he utters empty words, while his heart gathers mischief; when he goes out, he tells it abroad.
7: All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.

Jeremiah 7
27: "So you shall speak all these words to them, but they will not listen to you. You shall call to them, but they will not answer you.
28: And you shall say to them, `This is the nation that did not obey the voice of the LORD their God, and did not accept discipline; truth has perished; it is cut off from their lips.

However, we also know that some people will believe the gospel we preach and some of these will be Christians.

1 John 4:
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

And devils speak His word as well. The Christian knows his Lord and worries not about pretenders.

Really.

Let him die

I went to Catholic School and I can't remember any of these being "taught" except as examples of what's "bad".

rdean, as an atheist, your opinion is immaterial to the believer.

Really.

Let him die

rdean, as an atheist, your opinion is immaterial to the believer.

Im pretty sure him being an atheist has absolutely nothing to do with why his opinion is immaterial for everyone.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

All the more reason to do what we can to make sure we dont lie to ourselves.

There are Christians and then there is the evangelical movement that has taken over the Republican party in the last decade. Christians, if they are true to their core beliefs, are very tolerant. The far right evangelicals are not.

Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, et. al ---- blatantly, openly intolerant of everything unless it's another evangelical nut case like them.

What planet do you people live on?

Just an FYI, if the evangelical movement had taken over the Republican party Romney would not have won the primary. Evangelicals consider Mormons to be a cult.

I dont think the evangelical is as intolerant as some try to claim it is.

Given recent discussion today, I have to understand something from you all. People (mainly liberals) say that Christians are "ignorant", "intolerant" and "hateful" towards others who do not share their faith, or to those who are gay. Should the fact that Christians are some of the more charitable people in America be overlooked?

I have also heard those trying to say that Christians are trying to establish a theocracy in our government, are they?

Compared to what, Templar?

Compared to Islam?

Compared to Atheists?

Compared to Jews?

Compared to -- What?

In an ideal world, one that never has, and never will exist, you can make a case for everything and anything being imperfect, flawed, intolerant or downright evil.

But you can't just ask a question without a basis of understanding.

Compared to what else exists in this world, NO.

Christians and Christianity are not intolerant.

Atheists?

Funny, the only time I heard atheists complain is when Christians force their religion on them.

Really.

Let him die

This from the poster who is arguable the most intolerant poster on the board.

Forum List

Back