Are Christians intolerant?

Are Christians intolerant?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted yes for one reason. The majority of Christians that I have met were very intolerant to ME for not following THEIR chosen path. I have my own (path) and it leads to the same Being. I just choose to take a different route. For that, I have been ostracized and condemned that I am on the road to hell instead of the road to Christ.

So just from my own experience? Yes.
What I find intolerable is that these presumptious, mindless, uneducated religious fanatics DARE to tell me how I should live my life!!
It would be funny, if it were not so grotesque!!

They should be kneeling in humility, awaiting instruction from those who know far, far more than they ever will !!!

And if that were not enough, these deluded nitwits are ever scheming to intrude their imbecile notions into LAW!!!

And then they have the nerve to wonder why they are disliked !!! · · :cuckoo:

Numan, atheists have no say in how believers live their lives in the slightest.

As long as you and your kind do not interfere with my life, why would I have the slightest interest in how you spend your misbegotten lives?

After all, even the shadow of a religious fruitcake falling on one is a soiling pollution.

I voted yes for one reason. The majority of Christians that I have met were very intolerant to ME for not following THEIR chosen path. I have my own (path) and it leads to the same Being. I just choose to take a different route. For that, I have been ostracized and condemned that I am on the road to hell instead of the road to Christ.

What I find intolerable is that these presumptious, mindless, uneducated religious fanatics DARE to tell me how I should live my life!!

They should be kneeling in humility, awaiting instruction from those who know far, far more than they ever will !!!

And if that were not enough, these deluded nitwits are ever scheming to intrude their imbecile notions into LAW!!!

I am both educated, and would never presume to tell anyone how to live their lives.

Unlike you.

As long as you and your kind do not interfere with my life, why would I have the slightest interest in how you spend your misbegotten lives?

After all, even the shadow of a religious fruitcake falling on one is a soiling pollution.

I firmly believe in the sep of church and state: I am afraid of the wack evangelical and fundamentalists as you are.

I firmly believe in the sep of church and state: I am afraid of the wack evangelical and fundamentalists as you are.
If so, then we have no quarrel -- friend.

Numan, we are not friends. You are an atheist, which means I am afraid of you as I am of the social traditionalists. They and you threaten the civil liberties of America.

I must differ, Jake. I am an athiest, and am firmly on the side of civil liberties in the USA I support the ACLU, gay rights, minimal restrictions on abortion, and even gun ownership, though with registration and a ban on 50 round cartridges. I am not anti-Christian. I am opposed to organized religion...especially when they band together for political purposes.

Numan, we are not friends. You are an atheist, which means I am afraid of you as I am of the social traditionalists. They and you threaten the civil liberties of America.

As a right wing reactionary nut case I must take exception to your intolerance of atheism.

I am both educated, and would never presume to tell anyone how to live their lives.

Unlike you.

But you want to deny a group of people equal rights... Pretty much the same thing.

"Magic words of 'poof-poof piffles'!"

What passes for Political Awareness in the Hysterical States of America :

hard-hats-1970.jpg

Last edited:
The reality is that either the nation will be run by believers or non-believers. The believer is going to try to run things in a godly manner (or so one might expect) mindful of God. The non-believer, is likely going to run things the way it suits himself.

But both would want to live by the Golden Rule. So, what's the problem? "In everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Last edited:
The reality is that either the nation will be run by believers or non-believers. The believer is going to try to run things in a godly manner (or so one might expect) mindful of God. The non-believer, is likely going to run things the way it suits himself.

It is not necessarily true that the believer is going to run things in a godly way.

In fact, the believer is going to run the nation in a way that the believer think is godly.

Note the difference in meaning here.

Since the believer thinks what is godly suits him, and he believes his actions in governance is godly, it becomes apparent that, in general, the believer is going to run the nation in a manner that suits him.

Now how is that different from the non-believer?

It is not necessarily true that the believer is going to run things in a godly way.

In fact, the believer is going to run the nation in a way that the believer think is godly.

Note the difference in meaning here.

Since the believer thinks what is godly suits him, and he believes his actions in governance is godly, it becomes apparent that, in general, the believer is going to run the nation in a manner that suits him.

Now how is that different from the non-believer?
History shows that feeble-minded "believers" follow and obey religious swindlers -- who are anything but Godly !!

But both would want to live by the Golden Rule. So, what's the problem? "In everything, do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
The Golden Rule isn't good enough for religious fanatics -- they demand to control everything.

"Don't do unto others as you would have them do unto you -- their tastes may be different."
---Bernard Shaw

I have to agree. But should we just lay down and take our lumps because of who we are?
I think it depends on the situation. I'm not willing to tolerate someone denigrating God or Christ, but insults and threats hurled my way don't mean much to me. I'm willing to take my lumps, but, I will always do my best to defend the family.

Forum List

Back