Are gag orders constitutional?

Where did the supreme court get that power? I dont remember that being in the enumerated powers of the constitution.
So.......you're going with obtuse. Good choice and one you are intimately familiar with.

Why is this discussion still going on. The answer to the question....

Are gag orders constitutional?​

is unequivocally yes.

Some view gag orders as violations of a person’s First Amendment rights, while others consider it helpful in ensuring a fair trial. The Supreme Court previously ruled that a gag order is constitutional if it can protect the right to a fair trial, is as least restrictive as possible, and will be effective, Yale Law School explains.
thehill.com

What is a gag order — and what happens if the gag order is violated?

A federal judge imposed a gag order against Trump on Monday — but what is it, and what happens if he violates it?
thehill.com
thehill.com
Show me in the constitution where it says the govt has the ability to pause someones constitutional rights for talking.

Where did the supreme court get that power? I dont remember that being in the enumerated powers of the constitution.

berg80 and the Democrats know what they are doing wrong trying to put their political opponent in prison and want to hide what they are doing. There is no mystery here

Why is this discussion still going on. The answer to the question....

Are gag orders constitutional?​

is unequivocally yes.

Some view gag orders as violations of a person’s First Amendment rights, while others consider it helpful in ensuring a fair trial. The Supreme Court previously ruled that a gag order is constitutional if it can protect the right to a fair trial, is as least restrictive as possible, and will be effective, Yale Law School explains.
thehill.com

What is a gag order — and what happens if the gag order is violated?

A federal judge imposed a gag order against Trump on Monday — but what is it, and what happens if he violates it?
thehill.com
thehill.com
Cause you say so? You think that’s standing? Hahaha

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
So.......you're going with obtuse. Good choice and one you are intimately familiar with.
Yep, cant show me that can you? That would be because it doesnt exist.
Boot lickers love the govt creating power out of thin air. Blows my mind.

Who did Trump threaten? Democrats keep parroting you can silence Trump because he's threatening people but can't name them

Show me in the constitution where it says the govt has the ability to pause someones constitutional rights for talking.
So it's back to being obtuse. Chutkan has already explained in detail what constitutes permissible, protected speech for a defendant to engage in and what is not protected. Didn't I already explain to you the Constitution does not specifically address the scope of all rights and that's where the courts step in. I suggest you do some reading on enumerated and unenumerated rights.
Or, you could accept the couple of posts I've written which show the SC has already ruled gag orders to be constitutional. Cuz at this point it really looks like you're doing this.........

Not in a free country, no. Statists like you and the Democrats hide your crimes in darkness though

Crimes? Like not allowing people to discuss who the witnesses are and who they can intimidate or threaten?

So it's back to being obtuse. Chutkan has already explained in detail what constitutes permissible, protected speech for a defendant to engage in and what is not protected. Didn't I already explain to you the Constitution does not specifically address the scope of all rights and that's where the courts step in. I suggest you do some reading on enumerated and unenumerated rights.
Or, you could accept the couple of posts I've written which show the SC has already ruled gag orders to be constitutional. Cuz at this point it really looks like you're doing this.........

IDC what that judge says. IDC what any judge says.
The SC also ruled throwing citizens in internment camps was fine. Remember that? Or remember when they ruled Jim Crow laws were constitutional? Or remember when they said it was constitutional to make gay sex illegal? Or how long a bakery can stay open?
1698771606280.png

1698771638027.png

Crimes? Like not allowing people to discuss who the witnesses are and who they can intimidate or threaten?

I keep asking Democrats that and you keep running away and hiding.

So name them, dumb ass, and stop hiding and demanding your political enemies the Republicans get shut down because someone did something and you can't name either, Democrat scum

I keep asking Democrats that and you keep running away and hiding.

So name them, dumb ass, and stop hiding and demanding your political enemies the Republicans get shut down because someone did something and you can't name either, Democrat scum
The judicial asst,

Michael Cohen

Bill Barr

Gen Miley

Who did Trump threaten? Democrats keep parroting you can silence Trump because he's threatening people but can't name them
No one
He belittled a clerk of the persecution wing and that’s a Big Feelings No No

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back