Are "honor killings" in the U.S. a "terror attack"?

Are "honor killings" in the US a terror attack?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
There are between 23 - 27 honor killings in the US on average every year.
Honor killing in America: DOJ report says growing problem is hidden in stats

I've heard an audio tape made by one girl being shot by her dad for being "westernized", and I say it is a terror attack and should be classified as such because it is. Its not domestic violence. Its not random. When I hear that no terror attacks in the US come from those (7) countries on the "ban" list I disagree.

If it's a Muslim doing the killing then it's terrorism.

If it's a white persons then it's a "crime of passion".

Islam cannot coexist with western civilization. Islam has been making trouble for centuries. We should do something about this now, while we have the upper hand.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Of course not. So-called "honor" killing is a social construct, thousands of years old. It relates directly to family status in the social order. It certainly is not random, but it certainly IS domestic violence. You can't get much more "domestic violence" than killing a family member.

Terrorism is violence committed to coerce a political aim.

The two have nothing to do with each other.

Last edited:
Islam cannot coexist with western civilization. Islam has been making trouble for centuries. We should do something about this now, while we have the upper hand.

The thread isn't about "Islam". Or any other religion.

We've had Muslims in the USA since forever . That disproves your point .

The thread isn't about "Islam". Or any other religion.
Well, I disagree.

Thread title mentions "honor killing" and "terrorism". Neither of those relate to religion.
What religion has followers that engage in these honor killings? It is not Christianity or the Jewish faith, moron.

Try again, moron.

We've had Muslims in the USA since forever . That disproves your point .
Maybe for your puny mind, moron. Obviously some will assimilate. But the general rule is that Islam and western civilization cannot coexist.

Don't be THAT guy, dude.

You bloody stupid twit. Honor killings are not a "crime of passion". This practice is recognized as a barbaric cultural practice. It is premeditated.

"although there are not many cases of honor killings within the United States, the overwhelming majority of honor killings are perpetrated by Muslims against Muslims (90% of honor killings known to have taken place in Europe and the United States from 1998 to 2008).

In these documented cases the victims were murdered because they were believed to have acted in a way against the religion of the family. In every case, perpetrators view their victims as violating rules of religious conduct and act without remorse."

Honor killing - Wikipedia

No. I don't think honor killings are acts of terrorism, since they are not done in pursuit of political aims/goals.

However, that doesn't mean that honor killings aren't barbaric, which they totally are.

They are murders - usually with the murderer and victim being of the same family. While this may cause terror among the extended family, it's not really terrorism.

There are between 23 - 27 honor killings in the US on average every year.
Honor killing in America: DOJ report says growing problem is hidden in stats

I've heard an audio tape made by one girl being shot by her dad for being "westernized", and I say it is a terror attack and should be classified as such because it is. Its not domestic violence. Its not random. When I hear that no terror attacks in the US come from those (7) countries on the "ban" list I disagree.

I voted No.

I voted No because Honour Killings have nothing to do with terrorism but everything to do with homicide, this because of a completely fucked-up in the membrane idea that a female member of the family has in some way brought dishonour on the family as a whole and the equally fucked-up in the membrane idea that only killing that female member of the family can restore honour to the family as a whole.

It has NOTHING to do with terrorism on any level.

The philosophy behind Honour Killings is purely because of the warped Patriarchal views regarding women and especially the position of women in society.

These families in pretty much ALL cases have their origins in backward nations such as Pakistan for example, where the men dominate and women are almost entirely dependent on their father and then their husband, the latter is usually chosen FOR them and the woman is expected to obey ALL males in her family and is essentially considered the property of them and not a person or an individual with any rights of their own.

Therefore the woman must submit in total to the male authority figures within her family and failure to do so can result in varying degrees of punishment depending on how severe the male authority figures deem the failure to comply, the most severe of course being the Honour Killing.

Why you even bother commenting anything Timmy, every comment you make is literally more moronic than your previous comment.

You are to be treated purely for entertainment purposes.

You are clueless as to what either constitutes an Honour Killing or a Crime Passionnel.

No. I don't think honor killings are acts of terrorism, since they are not done in pursuit of political aims/goals.

However, that doesn't mean that honor killings aren't barbaric, which they totally are.

Totally disagree with you. There is a political component, it is preventing assimilation into the US society via terror, which means that you maintain the "muslim vs infidel" mentality, which allowed the San Bernadino couple to shoot the co-workers that threw them a baby shower.

Totally disagree with you. There is a political component, it is preventing assimilation into the US society via terror, which means that you maintain the "muslim vs infidel" mentality, which allowed the San Bernadino couple to shoot the co-workers that threw them a baby shower.

How is that a political component the refusal to assimilate, to me that's more of a social component as opposed to a political one.

What about imposing Sharia Law? Is that political?

What about imposing Sharia Law? Is that political?

Well that would have a political component yes, but Honour Killings are actually FORBIDDEN under Sharia Law and anyone found guilty of committing an Honour Killing under Sharia Law is severely punished either by death, because it's a murder in itself the Honour Killing or by life in prison.

Sharia Law disagrees with extra out-of-legal punishments, Honour Killings are also considered a cultural situation and not a religious one.

Forum List

Back