Are Lefties Willing to Destroy Our Country...

So Phil Graham signed it into law?

I am NOT holding Bill Clinton blameless for the repeal of Glass Steagal.....However, Republicans led by Sen. Phil Gramm, at the behest of the big banks, pushed the repeal through in 1999. What happened over the next eight years was an almost exact replay of the Roaring Twenties. Once again, banks originated fraudulent loans and once again they sold them to their customers in the form of securities. The bubble peaked in 2007 and collapsed in 2008. The hard-earned knowledge of 1933 had been lost in the arrogance of 1999.

So a man believes in God, raised himself from the depths of poverty, achieved the American dream, and he is unworthy? As I recall the founders of this country also believed in God, personal accountability, and had the pride, courage, to face and overcome adversity without the government holding their hand. Fits the SOP of the liberal mindset. He may have a better understanding of what it takes to pull this country out of this entitlement mindset then the run of the mill give us more money and we can fix whats wrong song and dance we have been plagued with over the past 50+years by the best and brightest liberal minds that has amounted to nothing but fail and perpetuate the entitlement mentality predicated on being an American. So how has that worked for you?

Yes, it is always "good" to wrap yourself in patriotic slogans when trying to refute reality.....But, the so-called "founders" DID NOT push for a religious government (like the one in Iran)...THAT IS CALLED THEOCRACY....and the wanna-be preached, Carson is precisely advocating that kind of governmental rule ..

Remember when he stated that NO MUSLIM should ever be elected president??

So a man believes in God, raised himself from the depths of poverty, achieved the American dream, and he is unworthy? As I recall the founders of this country also believed in God, personal accountability, and had the pride, courage, to face and overcome adversity without the government holding their hand. Fits the SOP of the liberal mindset. He may have a better understanding of what it takes to pull this country out of this entitlement mindset then the run of the mill give us more money and we can fix whats wrong song and dance we have been plagued with over the past 50+years by the best and brightest liberal minds that has amounted to nothing but fail and perpetuate the entitlement mentality predicated on being an American. So how has that worked for you?

Yes, it is always "good" to wrap yourself in patriotic slogans when trying to refute reality.....But, the so-called "founders" DID NOT push for a religious government (like the one in Iran)...THAT IS CALLED THEOCRACY....and the wanna-be preached, Carson is precisely advocating that kind of governmental rule ..

Remember when he stated that NO MUSLIM should ever be elected president??

When did Carson ever push for a religious government? I totally missed that one. Or are you saying that because Carson is religious, you're assuming he does want a religious government?

I am NOT holding Bill Clinton blameless for the repeal of Glass Steagal.....However, Republicans led by Sen. Phil Gramm, at the behest of the big banks, pushed the repeal through in 1999. What happened over the next eight years was an almost exact replay of the Roaring Twenties. Once again, banks originated fraudulent loans and once again they sold them to their customers in the form of securities. The bubble peaked in 2007 and collapsed in 2008. The hard-earned knowledge of 1933 had been lost in the arrogance of 1999.

REFUSING to admit what conservatives did in pushing for the repeal of Glass Steagal,,,,,you are trying to hold Clinton as complicit....BUT I AM NOT DEFENDING CLINTON, while YOU are refusing to hold your corrupt party as the instigators of the fiasco.

...rather then admit that they have been dead wrong about Obama and his failed policies? He has strangled our economy, created chaos abroad and incited racial disharmony not seen in 50 years. Yet the Lefties' response is to double down by supporting candidates (Clinton and Sanders) with even more destructive ideas. Even Democrats with a modicum of common sense (e.g., Jim Webb) are shunned as apostates. Do they really want to turn the U.S. into a shit hole like the rest of the world? What would be the benefit of that, other than to salve their guilty consciences? Is there no limit to their destructive narcissism?
Nearly every state is out of debt because of the booming stock market under Obama. Only a handful of Red States are still following fucked up GOP ignorant and failed policies.

Obama’s Numbers (January 2015 Update)

Jobs, paychecks, corporate profits and stock prices have all improved since our last report on the Obama statistical record. Some highlights:

• The economy has now gained nearly five times more jobs under President Barack Obama than it did during the presidency of George W. Bush, and the unemployment rate has dropped to just below the historical average.
  • Real weekly earnings are up 1.7 percent, thanks in part to a plunge in gasoline prices.
  • Corporate profits have nearly tripled, and stock prices have soared.
-----------------

That's the problem with your kind. You're just ignorant tools. I'm guessing you live in one of the Red State disasters. What else could explain it?

Now that's interesting. I thought the reason you didn't vote Republican was because you're a flaming leftist. But it's actually these posts?

Wrong....as usual.....Fiscally I am much more conservative than most "flaming leftists".....However, your ilk's stance on social issues is akin to what was believed about 100 years ago.

I'm pro-choice, anti-death penalty, I oppose the war on drugs as well as the war on terror, I think all drugs, prostitution, euthanasia and gambling should be legal and all morality laws should be rescinded.

And you think I'm a socon

Once again you proved yourself to be the complete and utter fucking moron that you are.

Or is it my position against the wars in the middle east you have a problem with?

What you described is a libertarian. Fiscally conservative, socially liberal. You sir, are no libertarian...

When all else fails....change the subject. Clinton's policies in no way have any bearing on the decisions Bush made which led directly to the economic collapse.

Sorry, but that's where it all started. Or do you suppose it was all Bush's idea to pander to minorities where we get few votes? That's like saying we have a gun problem in this country because the Democrats catered to the NRA. It makes no sense.
I think I have been pretty clear about my position, though I thank you for answering my earlier question about being obtuse. It matters not that you think Bush was pandering for votes. He was in office and clearly and openly expressed his desires on home ownership and how to achieve his stated goals. I thought you people believed in personal responsibility.

We do, that's why I didn't say Bush didn't have anything to do with it. I admitted he was at fault, but you refuse to blame anybody but Bush in spite of the evidence I presented in earlier posts.
If you believed in personal responsibility then you wouldn't be deflecting.
Bush was the only president we had when he openly and honestly stated his desires to increase home ownership and laid out the plans to achieve it. Clinton didn't make him do it, so why would I agree to blame someone else, it doesn't make sense.

I never said blame someone else, I said share the blame. Even Clinton himself admitted to fault.
If you want to talk about personal responsibility then there is no distinction between blaming and sharing in the blame. You are still deflecting responsibility.
Do you have a link for Clinton admitting fault?

When did Carson ever push for a religious government? I totally missed that one. Or are you saying that because Carson is religious, you're assuming he does want a religious government?

Of course Carson would never openly admit that he'd advocate a theocracy......BUT, I'll let others (a bit more objective than you) judge what this zealot is up to....From CNN

Dr. Ben Carson, a devout Christian, renowned neurosurgeon, and now, possible presidential 2016 candidate, says he's sensing a 2016 campaign covenant from the man upstairs.

"I feel fingers,"
Carson said an interview with Christian Broadcast Network's David Brody

In 2013, Carson told Fox's Sean Hannity that "If the Lord grabbed me by the collar and made me do it (run for president)," he would do it.

Of course Carson would never openly admit that he'd advocate a theocracy......BUT, I'll let others (a bit more objective than you) judge what this zealot is up to....From CNN

Dr. Ben Carson, a devout Christian, renowned neurosurgeon, and now, possible presidential 2016 candidate, says he's sensing a 2016 campaign covenant from the man upstairs.

"I feel fingers,"
Carson said an interview with Christian Broadcast Network's David Brody

In 2013, Carson told Fox's Sean Hannity that "If the Lord grabbed me by the collar and made me do it (run for president)," he would do it.

Okay, so it's as I said, the man is religious, so what? It says nothing about the way he would preside. If you want to talk about a guy that's hung up on religion, check out John Kasich.

Sorry, but that's where it all started. Or do you suppose it was all Bush's idea to pander to minorities where we get few votes? That's like saying we have a gun problem in this country because the Democrats catered to the NRA. It makes no sense.
I think I have been pretty clear about my position, though I thank you for answering my earlier question about being obtuse. It matters not that you think Bush was pandering for votes. He was in office and clearly and openly expressed his desires on home ownership and how to achieve his stated goals. I thought you people believed in personal responsibility.

We do, that's why I didn't say Bush didn't have anything to do with it. I admitted he was at fault, but you refuse to blame anybody but Bush in spite of the evidence I presented in earlier posts.
Bush was the only president we had when he openly and honestly stated his desires to increase home ownership and laid out the plans to achieve it. Clinton didn't make him do it, so why would I agree to blame someone else, it doesn't make sense.

I never said blame someone else, I said share the blame. Even Clinton himself admitted to fault.
If you want to talk about personal responsibility then there is no distinction between blaming and sharing in the blame. You are still deflecting responsibility.

The video above. About the 2:00 minute mark.

...rather then admit that they have been dead wrong about Obama and his failed policies? He has strangled our economy, created chaos abroad and incited racial disharmony not seen in 50 years. Yet the Lefties' response is to double down by supporting candidates (Clinton and Sanders) with even more destructive ideas. Even Democrats with a modicum of common sense (e.g., Jim Webb) are shunned as apostates. Do they really want to turn the U.S. into a shit hole like the rest of the world? What would be the benefit of that, other than to salve their guilty consciences? Is there no limit to their destructive narcissism?
Nearly every state is out of debt because of the booming stock market under Obama. Only a handful of Red States are still following fucked up GOP ignorant and failed policies.

Obama’s Numbers (January 2015 Update)

Jobs, paychecks, corporate profits and stock prices have all improved since our last report on the Obama statistical record. Some highlights:

• The economy has now gained nearly five times more jobs under President Barack Obama than it did during the presidency of George W. Bush, and the unemployment rate has dropped to just below the historical average.
  • Real weekly earnings are up 1.7 percent, thanks in part to a plunge in gasoline prices.
  • Corporate profits have nearly tripled, and stock prices have soared.
-----------------

That's the problem with your kind. You're just ignorant tools. I'm guessing you live in one of the Red State disasters. What else could explain it?

Okay, one at a time:

Fuel prices are lower thanks to fracking. DumBama and the Democrats were and still are against fracking. Under DumBama, drilling rights on public land have decreased so he can't take credit for anything related to our fuel prices.

Stock market soaring, yes it is thanks to the Federal Reserve that pumped trillions of dollars into it.

Unemployment rate has dropped, yes it has thanks to the record amount of people that are no longer in the workforce. If you claim you are no longer looking for a job, that's just as good as saying you have one as far as statistics are concerned.

REFUSING to admit what conservatives did in pushing for the repeal of Glass Steagal,,,,,you are trying to hold Clinton as complicit....BUT I AM NOT DEFENDING CLINTON, while YOU are refusing to hold your corrupt party as the instigators of the fiasco.

When did I ever say that? You asked who was responsible for the act and I told you Clinton signed it. I never once said that Republicans had nothing to do with it. It was bipartisan legislation.

The video above. About the 2:00 minute mark.
Correct me if I'm wrong but our conversation has been centered on the housing bubble. In that video Clinton admitted to deregulating derivatives. Are you now shifting the conversation?

Well let's settle this once and for all with FactCheck:

The Real Deal

So who is to blame? There’s plenty of blame to go around, and it doesn’t fasten only on one party or even mainly on what Washington did or didn’t do. As The Economist magazine noted recently, the problem is one of "layered irresponsibility … with hard-working homeowners and billionaire villains each playing a role." Here’s a partial list of those alleged to be at fault:
  • The Federal Reserve, which slashed interest rates after the dot-com bubble burst, making credit cheap.
  • Home buyers, who took advantage of easy credit to bid up the prices of homes excessively.
  • Congress, which continues to support a mortgage tax deduction that gives consumers a tax incentive to buy more expensive houses.
  • Real estate agents, most of whom work for the sellers rather than the buyers and who earned higher commissions from selling more expensive homes.
  • The Clinton administration, which pushed for less stringent credit and downpayment requirements for working- and middle-class families.
  • Mortgage brokers, who offered less-credit-worthy home buyers subprime, adjustable rate loans with low initial payments, but exploding interest rates.
  • Former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan, who in 2004, near the peak of the housing bubble, encouraged Americans to take out adjustable rate mortgages.
  • Wall Street firms, who paid too little attention to the quality of the risky loans that they bundled into Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), and issued bonds using those securities as collateral.
  • The Bush administration, which failed to provide needed government oversight of the increasingly dicey mortgage-backed securities market.
  • An obscure accounting rule called mark-to-market, which can have the paradoxical result of making assets be worth less on paper than they are in reality during times of panic.
  • Collective delusion, or a belief on the part of all parties that home prices would keep rising forever, no matter how high or how fast they had already gone up.
Who Caused the Economic Crisis?

As I said repeatedly, to blame Bush entirely for the housing collapse that led to the recession is blame shifting. Lots of people involved--lots of entities participated--it was not a one person event.

It's the Republicans that are attempting to destroy the country by defunding the government and worse, defunding the military!

Obama has cut defense spending 25% over the past 6 years.

Do you ever use facts to support your hate?

That is their goal.....then they will remake it into the hell that they believe is heaven....

Forum List

Back