Are Liberals Really More Open-Minded Than Conservatives?

And again, plain English has eluded you.

I will try it again slowly. Based... on... your... definition... there... are... only... leftists... on... this... site...

I am not conflating anything. I am taking your definition and flat out stating that either your claim that all liberals believe in "all men are created equal", which by the way was a blanket statement, is incorrect OR there do not appear to be any "liberals" on this site.

How is it you get to edit what I posted now?

I did not say, and would never say "all liberals anything". I know it continues to sail over your head but I don't believe in blanket statements so that would be impossible. I said, "The Liberal" and "the leftist"-- the abstract ideal. In other words, that's the philosophy. It doesn't represent any one person because again, this just in again, people are individuals. They're not labels.

So what you've done is exactly what I described before -- conflated the philosophy with the person and via the blanket statement, all persons of that group, and changed what I wrote in order to do it. And apparently you also didn't bother to read the link at all, which could have clarified all this before you dug deeper.

Get over your labelism crutch.

And don't edit what I post. When I post something it means exactly what it says --- not what you wish would have been convenient.

Now you are a liar and a whiner.

I didn't edit anything you posted. You said:

Here's a quick, short, sweet lesson: The Liberal believes "all men are created equal", and that's all there is to it. The leftist believes in forcing that to be the case through 'affirmative action'.

You said, "The liberal believes". You did not say "some liberals believe". You made an erroneous and/or deliberately fallacious blanket statement. "The lLiberal" is a person not a philosophy. "Liberalism" is a philosophy.

You can try to weasel your lying ass out of this but when you said, "The liberal believes" you were claiming superiority of your beloved philosophy. I then commented, correctly it appears, that if you are right then there are no liberals on this site.

I didn't change a damned thing you said. I simply pointed out that if you were right no actual liberals exist on this board.

Man up to your own words and quit using fallacious blanket statements.

And please grow up and learn the difference between "Liberalism" and "The Liberal". The first is in fact a philosophy. The second is people who consider themselves followers of that philosophy and those people, by your simple definition do not exist on this board.

Oh for shit's sake asshole, learn how to read. "The Liberal believes" is in no way the same thing as "all liberals believe", which is what you tried to pretend I said. And it's an abstraction anyway. "The Hindu believes" would refer to what Hinduism holds as a tenet. It doesn't mean literally that every person who is Hindu believes it.

Lying hack.

None of that shit has jack squat to do with Liberalism. It has more to do with leftism.
You probably don't even know the difference, any more than you recognize your own logical fallacies.

Are you saying that the demigod, Obama, is a leftist or a progressive liberal? Well ... let's allow him to speak for himself:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUvwKVvp3-o"]'Joe the Plumber' Becomes Focus of Debate - YouTube[/ame]

"... spread the wealth around!!!" LOL. Is spreading the wealth a "leftist" ideal or a "progressive liberal" ideal? I say it's an ideal shared by both. Birds of a feather flock together. You can only "spread the wealth" if you take from the wealthy (doers) and give to them who haven't earned it.
joe the plumber ! :eusa_liar:

I'm sorry. I just went back and looked again. You said "all men are created equal". Again a fallacy on your part. The leftists on this site do not treat all men as equal. Not by a long shot!

Don't believe in "Global Warming"? You are scum
Creationism over evolution? You are scum.
Don't support a woman's "right" to kill her child? You are scum.
Don't support gay marriage? You are scum.
Didn't vote for Obama? You are scum.
Voted for Bush? You are scum.

This list could go on for pages and pages, but based upon the "liberals" on this site you statement that liberals believe in "all men are created equal" is either a farce or there are few, if any, "liberals" on this site.
that list is accurate....withTWO exception not voting for Obama does not make make you scum, it reinforces the fact that righties are dumb because they voted for not one but two Bushes and a Romney!

How is it you get to edit what I posted now?

I did not say, and would never say "all liberals anything". I know it continues to sail over your head but I don't believe in blanket statements so that would be impossible. I said, "The Liberal" and "the leftist"-- the abstract ideal. In other words, that's the philosophy. It doesn't represent any one person because again, this just in again, people are individuals. They're not labels.

So what you've done is exactly what I described before -- conflated the philosophy with the person and via the blanket statement, all persons of that group, and changed what I wrote in order to do it. And apparently you also didn't bother to read the link at all, which could have clarified all this before you dug deeper.

Get over your labelism crutch.

And don't edit what I post. When I post something it means exactly what it says --- not what you wish would have been convenient.

Here's a quick, short, sweet lesson: The Liberal believes "all men are created equal", and that's all there is to it. The leftist believes in forcing that to be the case through 'affirmative action'.

You said, "The liberal believes". You did not say "some liberals believe". You made an erroneous and/or deliberately fallacious blanket statement. "The lLiberal" is a person not a philosophy. "Liberalism" is a philosophy.

You can try to weasel your lying ass out of this but when you said, "The liberal believes" you were claiming superiority of your beloved philosophy. I then commented, correctly it appears, that if you are right then there are no liberals on this site.

I didn't change a damned thing you said. I simply pointed out that if you were right no actual liberals exist on this board.

And please grow up and learn the difference between "Liberalism" and "The Liberal". The first is in fact a philosophy. The second is people who consider themselves followers of that philosophy and those people, by your simple definition do not exist on this board.

Oh for shit's sake asshole, learn how to read. "The Liberal believes" is in no way the same thing as "all liberals believe", which is what you tried to pretend I said. And it's an abstraction anyway. "The Hindu believes" would refer to what Hinduism holds as a tenet. It doesn't mean literally that every person who is Hindu believes it.

Lying hack.

Obviously you do not comprehend what you write.

What you wrote is that all liberals believe such. If they did not then by your moronic definition they would not be liberals because guess what they would not believe what "The Liberal" believes and if they do not believe what "The Liberal" believes they cannot be liberals.

Now, you and I both know your "short and sweet" definition was a little too simple to really define Liberalism, but it is understood from your subsequent postings that it is the best your pea brain could come up with.

You made the idiotic statement, pussy, live by it. You condemn blanket statements then condemn your own, pussy. I love the whiny assed pm's too. God, you need to grow up!

Lying hack.

What you wrote is that all liberals believe such.

BULLSHIT!

If I wrote that you could document it with the quote button. YOU wrote that.

Smatter, liar? I told you to stop harassing my PM box so you bring it out here?

Tissue? :eusa_boohoo:

Go ahead liar --------- QUOTE IT.

Last edited:

Lying hack.

BULLSHIT!

First off, I have a piece of news for you, you don't tell me what to do. I realize your pea brain authoritarian self believes you have the right to tell everyone else what to do, but you can shove that right up your lying ass. I'll do as I please.

Second, you most certainly did write "The Liberal Believes" and I have quoted it several times. Now anyone with an IQ over 68 understands that when someone writes such a phrase they are implying that ALL people in that class believe what follows. Maybe you need your mommy to explain that to you?

Here is an example: If I write, "The Christian believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the second person of the Trinity and that salvation lies only through the Grace of God". I am implying, yes making a blanket statement, that says that in order to be a Christian one must believe those things. Now, I may be wrong in such a statement, but like you in your claim that liberals believe that all men are created equal, I am claiming Christians believe the above. And that one cannot be a Christian if they do not believe that which follows. It is exactly the same kind of English that you were using. What you were stating very clearly was that if I do not believe all men are created equal, then I am not a Liberal. In the same manner as I would have claimed in my example of Christians.

Again, anyone with an IQ above 68 understands that as I expect you do as well.

Well, maybe your pea brain can't wrap itself around that big word... "imply". Here let me define it for you from the dictionary:

Imply | Define Imply at Dictionary.com

1.to indicate or suggest without being explicitly stated: His words implied a lack of faith.
2.(of words) to signify or mean.

You clearly meant to suggest that all liberals believe that all men are created equal. Only a liar would claim otherwise which is why you have repeatedly claimed otherwise. Just as you accused me and others of using blanket statements, you too are guilty.

Now, since you have claimed at least three times, I believe, that you did not say "The Liberal believes", let me once again quote it for you in your own words. Oh and you can even use that little arrow beside your name to bounce back to your very own post as proof.

I don't know jack squat about "demigods" or "progressives". These terms have no meaning. And your video talking about how a tax works applies to none of this. You may as well just type random characters... :rolleyes:

Now if you can find a way to weld that onto Joe the Freaking Plumber, yer just workin' with a different set of tools.

"Demigods" and "progressives". Sheesh...

There it is in large, bold, red letters proving that first you are a liar because you claimed you didn't say it and second you are incapable of understanding what you wrote. You did not say, "a Liberal believes" you said "the Liberal believes" and anyone with an IQ over 68 knows exactly what you meant.

Last edited:
Now, maybe we can get back to discussing what I actually said before you started whining?

Let me say it again, if you are right and "The Liberal believes all men are created equal and that's all there is to it. The leftist believes in forcing that to be the case through 'affirmative action'". Then we do not have any liberals, at least not on the left side of the fence, on this site.

Now, my discussion with you had nothing to do with whether or not you are right, but at the expense of damaging your miniscule ego, I will tell you that I think you are wrong. There is a lot more to the Liberal than believing "all men are created equal". Not only that, not all liberals believe that as their treatment of minorities clearly shows. Many simply believe in helping their fellow man and equality does not play a part in their beliefs.

By the way, there are a hell of a lot of conservatives that also believe that all men are created equal. Oops, sorry, another concept that I expect is too much for your pea brain to grasp!

BULLSHIT!

First off, I have a piece of news for you, you don't tell me what to do. I realize your pea brain authoritarian self believes you have the right to tell everyone else what to do, but you can shove that right up your lying ass. I'll do as I please.

What a coincidence. This just came in for you: :fu:

I don't tell anyone what to do, even at work, but if you want to prove your case, yes you do have to quote me. Because I called you a liar and unless you prove me wrong, that's all you are.

Second, you most certainly did write "The Liberal Believes" and I have quoted it several times. Now anyone with an IQ over 68 understands that when someone writes such a phrase they are implying that ALL people in that class believe what follows. Maybe you need your mommy to explain that to you?

My mother died recently, so again, :fu:

So you're a liar. What you said I said, two posts down most recently, was:

Are you or are you not sentient enough to see the word all there? Are you just too fucking stupid to understand a simple three letter word that you yourself typed?

You're a LIAR. You claimed I said one thing, and now you can't quote it. That's because it doesn't exist, and that's because you made it up, and that's because you're a liar.

... you said "the Liberal believes" and anyone with an IQ over 68 knows exactly what you meant.

-- aaaand you've just confirmed your own lying. I said one thing, but you the world's leading authoritarian "know exactly what I meant" in spite of the words on the page, and you're going to tell me what I meant.

Don't think so, fascist asshole.

Oh wait --- did I mention... :fu:

Fucking dishonest hack.

Last edited:
Now, maybe we can get back to discussing what I actually said before you started whining?

Let me say it again, if you are right and "The Liberal believes all men are created equal and that's all there is to it. The leftist believes in forcing that to be the case through 'affirmative action'". Then we do not have any liberals, at least not on the left side of the fence, on this site.

Now, my discussion with you had nothing to do with whether or not you are right, but at the expense of damaging your miniscule ego, I will tell you that I think you are wrong. There is a lot more to the Liberal than believing "all men are created equal". Not only that, not all liberals believe that as their treatment of minorities clearly shows. Many simply believe in helping their fellow man and equality does not play a part in their beliefs.

By the way, there are a hell of a lot of conservatives that also believe that all men are created equal. Oops, sorry, another concept that I expect is too much for your pea brain to grasp!

Y'know asshole, if you had read that link I gave you a couple of days ago you wouldn't be digging yourself into this hole. You would have got the meaning long before soiling your diapers over this asshole lying about what other people said.

Oh that's right, you know what everybody else means and will proceed to run their arguments for them. The rhetorical nanny state with you as Dick Tater. I forgot.

So I was right from the beginning. You don't have the foggiest clue what the difference between Liberal and leftist is, and you're determined not to ever find out as you expend monumental amounts of gaseous rhetorical fartcloud telling other people what they think.

Fucking loser. Next time just admit you don't have a clue what you're talking about and go find a thread on something you know. Like what's the best diaper.

the whole point of this thread like lot's of mud's threads is to bash liberal /leftists
making the OP's question moot!

The purpose of a thing's creator does not determine its value. Its value determines its value. Left or right, -you- sir, are the worst kind of closed minded.

I'm sorry. I just went back and looked again. You said "all men are created equal". Again a fallacy on your part. The leftists on this site do not treat all men as equal. Not by a long shot!

This list could go on for pages and pages, but based upon the "liberals" on this site you statement that liberals believe in "all men are created equal" is either a farce or there are few, if any, "liberals" on this site.
that list is accurate....withTWO exception not voting for Obama does not make make you scum, it reinforces the fact that righties are dumb because they voted for not one but two Bushes and a Romney!

lol! I rest my case. "It's not that I'm closed minded. It's that I know I'm right!"

Not sure if you realize, but that's the opposite of a retort.

Last edited:
the whole point of this thread like lot's of mud's threads is to bash liberal /leftists

The purpose of a thing's creator does not determine its value. Its value determines its value.

True. In this case the OP is moot, but for its own reasons, those being not who created it but its total reliance on blanket generalizations and strawmen. The question was stillborn.

Ethics. So...maybe here? If not, the mods can move it to the proper forum?

Hubby and I were just chatting as I was browsing Pinterest for pics to put in Eye Candy and I found a few I want to use in future for an avi. One I really liked, but he said it was "vulgar". I asked how was it vulgar? He said it didn't look ladylike to him. I said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He said sure, if one likes vulgar looking trampy pics. Which got me wondering.....hence this thread, lol.

In your opinion...what IS vulgar to you? And does it necessarily mean "trampy"? I think both are very close in meaning via the different terms used, but some things can be seen as vulgar and trampy, but are in reality, beautiful. I guess it depends on the subject matter.

So.....that's the question : What do YOU yourself deem as "vulgar"?

The purpose of a thing's creator does not determine its value. Its value determines its value.

True. In this case the OP is moot, but for its own reasons, those being not who created it but its total reliance on blanket generalizations and strawmen. The question was stillborn.

Indeed, but in the tradition of progressives of good-will, we turn lemons into lemonade.

Ethics. So...maybe here? If not, the mods can move it to the proper forum?

Hubby and I were just chatting as I was browsing Pinterest for pics to put in Eye Candy and I found a few I want to use in future for an avi. One I really liked, but he said it was "vulgar". I asked how was it vulgar? He said it didn't look ladylike to him. I said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He said sure, if one likes vulgar looking trampy pics. Which got me wondering.....hence this thread, lol.

In your opinion...what IS vulgar to you? And does it necessarily mean "trampy"? I think both are very close in meaning via the different terms used, but some things can be seen as vulgar and trampy, but are in reality, beautiful. I guess it depends on the subject matter.

So.....that's the question : What do YOU yourself deem as "vulgar"?

Far as I know, "vulgar" means "common". As opposed to "formal".

And between the two, I'm always drawn to the former. Just because it's more real. The latter I would equate with "pretentious", which is why I don't care for it.

Last edited:

lol! I rest my case. "It's not that I'm closed minded. It's that I know I'm right!"

Not sure if you realize, but that's the opposite of a retort.
how does accurately pointing out the right track record of ass hat candidates make me closed minded?
answer: it doesn't...
btw nut sack, it was not meant to be a retort.
it was a correction...not all republicans are scum or stupid. too bad you're not one of them.

BULLSHIT!

What a coincidence. This just came in for you: :fu:

I don't tell anyone what to do, even at work, but if you want to prove your case, yes you do have to quote me. Because I called you a liar and unless you prove me wrong, that's all you are.

My mother died recently, so again, :fu:

So you're a liar. What you said I said, two posts down most recently, was:

Are you or are you not sentient enough to see the word all there? Are you just too fucking stupid to understand a simple three letter word that you yourself typed?

You're a LIAR. You claimed I said one thing, and now you can't quote it. That's because it doesn't exist, and that's because you made it up, and that's because you're a liar.

... you said "the Liberal believes" and anyone with an IQ over 68 knows exactly what you meant.

-- aaaand you've just confirmed your own lying. I said one thing, but you the world's leading authoritarian "know exactly what I meant" in spite of the words on the page, and you're going to tell me what I meant.

Don't think so, fascist asshole.

Oh wait --- did I mention... :fu:

Fucking dishonest hack.

You are such an immature liar. You need to see a shrink to help make you feel better about yourself. Everyone can see that you have a shit fit when you are proven wrong. Grow up.

You just stated that you don't tell anyone what to do, yet in an earlier post on this thread, you stated that you told me in a pm to stop pm'ing you. Which in fact you did, so again you prove yourself a liar.

Are you still claiming to be ignorant about what you said? If the saying, "ignorance is bliss", you must be the happiest man on Earth. I've quoted your statement three or four times. I have explained the rules os English to you and yet you still want to remain ignorant. You are a fool.

You continually claim others use blanket statements and in this case you do the same thing. Then you condemn others for doing it and lie claiming you don't. You are pathetic, but funny when you squirm like a worm.

Grow up. :lol:

Forum List

Back