Are Liberals Really More Open-Minded Than Conservatives?

Are today's liberals more open-minded than cons?

It seems to me today's liberal is more closed-minded than any conservative I know.

SNL writers say that jokes about liberals causes a lot of angry responses but with cons they tend to laugh about it.

Liberals feel that blacks have to vote Democrat or they aren't authentic.

Women that respect life are called religious extremists.

The primary reason the left attacks religions is because of their anti-gay beliefs.

So who is really more open-minded, liberals or conservatives?

Seriously dude.

Most of you folks want to legislate big restrictions on people's rights.

You want government intrusion into private lives and want government to make a national religion, language and ethnic standard.

The idea that people who are against that sort of crap are against it because they aren't open minded is a whole new kind of Orwell mindfuck.

I don't understand why this isn't in the rubber room.

You asked a serious question and the posts that followed suddenly brought up things unrelated.

When you look at "Open minded" and compare that with:

voter suppression

restricting minority rights

anti gay

anti woman's rights

Even a nutjob like Pat Robertson calls those who don't believe in science "jokes". He says they are jokes. Pat Robertson said that.

And the only open mind they have is for birtherism and trickle down and other debunked nonsense. Being delusional is NOT the same as being open minded.

voter suppression - You mean one person, one vote? It is not voter suppression to expect a fair election, and everyone, regardless of their income or their race, should have to provide proper identification when they vote.

restricting minority rights - In what way? Seems to me historically speaking, Democrats have tried to restrict minority rights.

anti gay - Having core values isn't necessarily anti-gay.

anti woman's rights - When did women have to right to anything free over men? This is a red-herring. Women should have to pay for their stuff just like men. Now if you're talking about calling a woman the "C" word just for being conservative, well we all know who's guilty of that. Or call a black man an Uncle Tom because he has a white wife. Democrats are guilty of both. In spades.

It seems to me today's liberal is more closed-minded than any conservative I know.

SNL writers say that jokes about liberals causes a lot of angry responses but with cons they tend to laugh about it.

The primary reason the left attacks religions is because of their anti-gay beliefs.

Seriously dude.

You want government intrusion into private lives and want government to make a national religion, language and ethnic standard.

The idea that people who are against that sort of crap are against it because they aren't open minded is a whole new kind of Orwell mindfuck.

You asked a serious question and the posts that followed suddenly brought up things unrelated.

voter suppression

anti gay

anti woman's rights

Even a nutjob like Pat Robertson calls those who don't believe in science "jokes". He says they are jokes. Pat Robertson said that.

And the only open mind they have is for birtherism and trickle down and other debunked nonsense. Being delusional is NOT the same as being open minded.

Simple. You didn't start the thread.

Seriously dude.

voter suppression

anti gay

anti woman's rights

voter suppression - You mean one person, one vote? It is not voter suppression to expect a fair election, and everyone, regardless of their income or their race, should have to provide proper identification when they vote.

restricting minority rights - In what way? Seems to me historically speaking, Democrats have tried to restrict minority rights.

anti gay - Having core values isn't necessarily anti-gay.

anti woman's rights - When did women have to right to anything free over men? This is a red-herring. Women should have to pay for their stuff just like men. Now if you're talking about calling a woman the "C" word just for being conservative, well we all know who's guilty of that. Or call a black man an Uncle Tom because he has a white wife. Democrats are guilty of both. In spades.
core values ....nice dodge....there are lots of core values that have had to be scrapped because they were the prime source of bigotry and violence ...
core values that discriminate are anti or against no matter how you spin it!

Easy way to make that case: show me where the OP documents, links, quotes or in any way substantiates any of its wispy generalizations, at all.

Oh wait... you can't do that. It doesn't exist. :eusa_boohoo:

I never made such a claim; the OP posited it, however fallaciously. On the contrary I've been saying throughout this thread that making such a generalization about the personal traits of a population of an entire political philosophy is insane. Therefore the question itself is inoperative.

That leaves you holding the bag.

The OP didn't "posit" any such thing, you dickweed.

The author of the OP simply asked the question (premised on the fact that we often are lectured by liberals about how open-minded liberals are and how close-minded conservatives are). If YOU were open minded and honest, even YOU would be forced to acknowledge that a lib posting IN this very thread has contended that liberals ARE more open minded. But that's a big "if."

Further it might be wrong or invalid or unsubstantiated to make a broad generalization about some claimed "traits" of any given population BUT that's not the same thing as "insane." Haven't you ever learned that words have actual meaning?

And no. The question is not "inoperative" whatever the fuck you think that means. The question itself was designed -- OBVIOUSLY -- to address (in a rhetorical manner) an often made claim ABOUT liberals made BY liberals.

Finally, your sophistry doesn't leave me or anybody else holding any bags. It does tend to expose you as the smirky poseur you are, however.

I will give you one bit of credit all the same. It is GOOD that you are at least marginally intelligent enough NOT to agree with the absurd claim that liberals are more open-minded than conservatives.

Wow. Melt down much?

No. In fact, not at all.

Lie much? Why yes. Yes you do.

:lmao:

The fact remains, this thread is based on a grand fallacy of blanket generalization. And there you are defending the idea of fallacy as argument. And then brought ad hominem in so you can have your own.

Except what you falsely label a "fact" is not now and never was an actual fact.

Actual facts do tend to get in the way of your silly sophistry. All the time. :thup:

Here's a thought a moron like you can't handle. Instead of pretending that the other guy's argument is or is derived from a "fallacy," you should consider backing that shit up. Which particular syllogism(s) do you wish to pretend are fallacious, you blustering buffoon? What "fallacy" or what "fallacies" are you claiming you perceive?

:dig:

None so blind...

pogo is far too dull-witted to grasp that his petty words apply far more to him than to anybody else.

He may be an empty barrel making a shit-load of noise, but his special brand of baseless arrogance has long since made him deaf to such things.

Hey! that makes him deaf and blind! We already know he's dumb.

:thup:

Conservatives believe that everyone has the potential to become someone great by working hard; using cognitive thinking; imagining greatness; and achieving lofty goals. Liberals believe that folks are too stupid to think for themselves and need CNN and big daddy government to take care of them and think for them. Therefore, conservatives are far more open-minded and grounded in reality while liberals are generally puny-minded and grounded in fantasy.

Again, one is not more or less open minded because you have a particular political idealogy. Doesn't matter if you are left or right, just seek the truth. Make corrections when you need to.

Conservatives believe that everyone has the potential to become someone great by working hard; using cognitive thinking; imagining greatness; and achieving lofty goals. Liberals believe that folks are too stupid to think for themselves and need CNN and big daddy government to take care of them and think for them. Therefore, conservatives are far more open-minded and grounded in reality while liberals are generally puny-minded and grounded in fantasy.

Really.

And pray, what do those addicted to blanket statements believe?

emot-munch.gif

Post 75* is looking more and more like a 'yes'. :thup:

(*post 78 for the Welsh)

Last edited:

Really.

emot-munch.gif

Post 62 is looking more and more like a 'yes'. :thup:

Actually, this post as well as post #62? #75? make very little sense or, at the very least, have almost no teeth. They both sound as if they were written by someone who enjoys hearing himself (herself) talk.

The fact remains that liberal/progressive thinking is unrealistic and, in actuality, lowers a person's potential for greatness. The greatest inventors, achievers, artists, engineers, and thinkers didn't spend their time standing in welfare lines or begging big daddy government for "equal pay" for doing nothing. They envisioned greatness and endeavored to reach their goals with an entrepreneurial spirit.

Stealing money from the achievers and giving it to the under-achievers causes resentment (if you're an achiever) and sloth (if you're an under-achiever). Conservatives believe that doers should be rewarded while liberals believe in punishing them who earn and save and rewarding the slothful for, well, sloth.

Last edited:

Really.

emot-munch.gif

Post 75 is looking more and more like a 'yes'. :thup:

Actually, this post as well as post #62? #75? make very little sense or, at the very least, have almost no teeth. They both sound as if they were written by someone who enjoys hearing himself (herself) talk.

The fact remains that liberal/progressive thinking is unrealistic and, in actuality, lowers a person's potential for greatness. The greatest inventors, achievers, artists, engineers, and thinkers didn't spend their time standing in welfare lines or begging big daddy government for "equal pay" for doing nothing. They envisioned greatness and endeavored to reach their goals with an entrepreneurial spirit.

Stealing money from the achievers and giving it to the under-achievers causes resentment (if you're an achiever) and sloth (if you're an under-achiever). Conservatives believe that doers should be rewarded while liberals believe in punishing them who earn and save and rewarding the slothful for, well, sloth.

None of that shit has jack squat to do with Liberalism. It has more to do with leftism.
You probably don't even know the difference, any more than you recognize your own logical fallacies.

But speaking of illiteracy, for those who require the books-on-tape version and can't figure out post numbers, follow the bouncing ball -- the question in 75 was:

"are Conservatives really more prone to blanket stereotypes, ipse dixit, simple gainsaying and strawmen than Liberals?
The thread would seem to suggest that they are. But that's y'all talking, not me."

I count your post as yet another affirmative on that one. :thup:

Ah, the simple life. Sometimes I envy you clowns your simplicity. But I get over it.

Last edited:

I need to strap on my rocket pack as the bullshit is piling up so fast it's impossible to drive out.

I need to strap on my rocket pack as the bullshit is piling up so fast it's impossible to drive out.

This goofy ass thread started out hip-boots-mandatory. That's what happens when you build your OP on blatant fallacies and then expect anybody to take it seriously.

None of that shit has jack squat to do with Liberalism. It has more to do with leftism.
You probably don't even know the difference, any more than you recognize your own logical fallacies.

Are you saying that the demigod, Obama, is a leftist or a progressive liberal? Well ... let's allow him to speak for himself:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUvwKVvp3-o"]'Joe the Plumber' Becomes Focus of Debate - YouTube[/ame]

"... spread the wealth around!!!" LOL. Is spreading the wealth a "leftist" ideal or a "progressive liberal" ideal? I say it's an ideal shared by both. Birds of a feather flock together. You can only "spread the wealth" if you take from the wealthy (doers) and give to them who haven't earned it.

Last edited:

Are you saying that the demigod, Obama, is a leftist or a progressive liberal? Well ... let's allow him to speak for himself:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUvwKVvp3-o"]'Joe the Plumber' Becomes Focus of Debate - YouTube[/ame]

"... spread the wealth around!!!" LOL. Is spreading the wealth a "leftist" ideal or a "progressive liberal" ideal? I say it's an ideal shared by both. Birds of a feather flock together. You can only "spread the wealth" if you take from the wealthy (doers) and give to them who haven't earned it.

I don't know jack squat about "demigods" or "progressives". These terms have no meaning. And your video talking about how a tax works applies to none of this. You may as well just type random characters... :rolleyes:

Here's a quick, short, sweet lesson: The Liberal believes "all men are created equal", and that's all there is to it. The leftist believes in forcing that to be the case through 'affirmative action'.

Now if you can find a way to weld that onto Joe the Freaking Plumber, yer just workin' with a different set of tools.

"Demigods" and "progressives". Sheesh...

Forum List

Back