Are Liberals Really More Open-Minded Than Conservatives?

Are today's liberals more open-minded than cons?

It seems to me today's liberal is more closed-minded than any conservative I know.

SNL writers say that jokes about liberals causes a lot of angry responses but with cons they tend to laugh about it.

Liberals feel that blacks have to vote Democrat or they aren't authentic.

Women that respect life are called religious extremists.

The primary reason the left attacks religions is because of their anti-gay beliefs.

So who is really more open-minded, liberals or conservatives?

they say so in goose step fashion

Orwellian is the left who have forced their Health Care Bill against the majority of the people.
That is not true.
Who is pushing for a national religion or a national language or ethnic standard?
I think that most Americans are against government intrusion into our private lives.

The ACA was passed with a majority in both Houses of congress and signed into law by the duly elected President of the United States.

If you are not for governmental intrusion, then certainly you are against states prying into people's bedrooms, amirite?

Not so fast there Sparky. Harry Reid played fast and loose with procedures to get it passed.

http://www.crawfordbroadcasting.com/Vecchio_Archives/How Obamacare Became Law.pdf

No he didn't, sports-pal!!

Had he, the Right would have been ballyhooing from the rooftops about it. Cloture was achieved, the ACA passed in the Senate and then it passed in the House, all part of the congressional record for every man, woman and child to read.

You're entitled to your own opinion and your own unicorn fantasies, but you are not entitled to your own "facts", spud.

The ACA was passed with a majority in both Houses of congress and signed into law by the duly elected President of the United States.

If you are not for governmental intrusion, then certainly you are against states prying into people's bedrooms, amirite?

Not so fast there Sparky. Harry Reid played fast and loose with procedures to get it passed.

http://www.crawfordbroadcasting.com/Vecchio_Archives/How Obamacare Became Law.pdf

Had he, the Right would have been ballyhooing from the rooftops about it. Cloture was achieved, the ACA passed in the Senate and then it passed in the House, all part of the congressional record for every man, woman and child to read.

You're entitled to your own opinion and your own unicorn fantasies, but you are not entitled to your own "facts", spud.

And yet historical fact says differently.

No they don't. Use of procedural mechanisms is as old as the Senate itself. Everything Harry Reid did was totally legal and the GOP knows it, too.

No they don't. Use of procedural mechanisms is as old as the Senate itself. Everything Harry Reid did was totally legal and the GOP knows it, too.

Some newer than others...

To quote Democrat Rep. Alcee Hastings of the House Rules Committee during the bill process: “We’re making up the rules as we go along”.

To quote Democrat Rep. Alcee Hastings of the House Rules Committee during the bill process: “We’re making up the rules as we go along”.

Nice try. That is not what happened.

Nice try. That is not what happened.

Uh-uh ok...
[ame=http://youtu.be/CbHTJSu_2Lk]Key House Democrat: "There Are No Rules Here ... We Make Them Up As We Go Along" - YouTube[/ame]

Seriously dude.

Most of you folks want to legislate big restrictions on people's rights.

You want government intrusion into private lives and want government to make a national religion, language and ethnic standard.

The idea that people who are against that sort of crap are against it because they aren't open minded is a whole new kind of Orwell mindfuck.

Orwellian is the left who have forced their Health Care Bill against the majority of the people.
That is not true.
Who is pushing for a national religion or a national language or ethnic standard?
I think that most Americans are against government intrusion into our private lives.

No! You are not right.

By a Majority of one party against the majority of the people who were and still are against it.
Congress is not suppose to pass bills that harm the many to help the few.
Congress is suppose to pass things that the majority of the people want. Not what they don't want. This is why Hillary Care was not passed because the people did not want

Sticking up for innocent little babies lives and having the woman fully informed by what she is about to do, rather than the left who say it is just a blob, when 3D imaging says otherwise, is not prying into your bedroom.

The left are very against the people being educated and fully informed on anything.

That is not true.

No! You are not right.

By a Majority of one party against the majority of the people who were and still are against it.
Congress is suppose to pass things that the majority of the people want. Not what they don't want. This is why Hillary Care was not passed because the people did not want

Sticking up for innocent little babies lives and having the woman fully informed by what she is about to do, rather than the left who say it is just a blob, when 3D imaging says otherwise, is not prying into your bedroom.

The left are very against the people being educated and fully informed on anything.

The majority of the people were not against it then and are still not now. You forget that around 20% of Americans are unhappy with the ACA because for them, it DOES NOT GO FAR ENOUGH, they want single-payer.

The rules of congress are clear. Open a history book and learn.

The passage of Obamacare was completely legal and the Supreme Court also upheld the law.

Funny, about the other part, I wasn't thinking about abortion at all, but you assumed I was.

You know what they say about people who assume things. :)

That is not true.

No! You are not right.

Don't you love it when foreigners come on here and tell us all about how our system is supposed to work. WE provide their defense. That's why they are rolling in money for social programs. I would be willing to pull every dime and let their asses get taken over by Nazis. Wait........I think Germany already has been.

No! You are not right.

The majority of the people were not against it then and are still not now. You forget that around 20% of Americans are unhappy with the ACA because for them, it DOES NOT GO FAR ENOUGH, they want single-payer.

The passage of Obamacare was completely legal and the Supreme Court also upheld the law.

Funny, about the other part, I wasn't thinking about abortion at all, but you assumed I was.

Then what were you referring to about the bedroom?

I have 50 years of reading history books, how many years have you read about it?

I love how the left separates the issues when it suits them. They were still against it no matter what each groups reasons were. 55% of the people did not want this Health Care Bill, because they did not think that it would actually help the people and they were right.
This bill is harming more people than it is helping them.

Supreme Court had to change it to make it legal.

That is what most of our problems are all about right now. 20 to 23% of the people (liberals) are controlling this nation.
The minority is not suppose to control the whole country over the majority.
Libs control the Education, Hollywood, Media, Colleges quite a bit of the courts and the entire Democrat Party and the majority of Washington D.C.

No! You are not right.

Don't you love it when foreigners come on here and tell us all about how our system is supposed to work. WE provide their defense. That's why they are rolling in money for social programs. I would be willing to pull every dime and let their asses get taken over by Nazis. Wait........I think Germany already has been.

That would be irritating were I a foreigner. But, as usual you swung and thought you were being really clever, but then you missed!

I am an AMERICAN.

Must really suck to be you.

No! You are not right.

And once again......the facts differ from your opinion. You are entitled to your own personal opinion. You are not entitled to your personal facts. Facts are facts. They are not on your side.

No! You are not right.

That would be irritating were I a foreigner. But, as usual you swung and thought you were being really clever, but then you missed!

I am an AMERICAN.

that's one of sunshine's oldest ploys

It seems to me today's liberal is more closed-minded than any conservative I know.

SNL writers say that jokes about liberals causes a lot of angry responses but with cons they tend to laugh about it.

The primary reason the left attacks religions is because of their anti-gay beliefs.

Depends on the liberal. Some don't like the religious who attack science.

Mostly it's right wingers people don't like.

Just because you hate people doesn't mean the rest of the world agrees with your hate and propaganda.

I am an AMERICAN.

that's one of sunshine's oldest ploys

And one of the more stupid ones. But if the shoe fits...

Seriously dude.

Most of you folks want to legislate big restrictions on people's rights.

You want government intrusion into private lives and want government to make a national religion, language and ethnic standard.

The idea that people who are against that sort of crap are against it because they aren't open minded is a whole new kind of Orwell mindfuck.

I don't understand why this isn't in the rubber room.

You asked a serious question and the posts that followed suddenly brought up things unrelated.

When you look at "Open minded" and compare that with:

voter suppression

restricting minority rights

anti gay

anti woman's rights

Even a nutjob like Pat Robertson calls those who don't believe in science "jokes". He says they are jokes. Pat Robertson said that.

And the only open mind they have is for birtherism and trickle down and other debunked nonsense. Being delusional is NOT the same as being open minded.

It isn't ironic. Wrong word choice. Your ongoing willingness to misuse words does nothing to further your "argument."

What you noted about the OP is still just wrong.

That's right. YOU are wrong. Plain and simple.

Easy way to make that case: show me where the OP documents, links, quotes or in any way substantiates any of its wispy generalizations, at all.

Oh wait... you can't do that. It doesn't exist. :eusa_boohoo:

Now, back to the point you keep trying to evade. (It's ok. You've got nothing; so of course you'd prefer to go for distraction instead. Typical of you weak-minded poseurs. Don't worry. Nobody holds it against you. We see how lame you are and many of us harbor no hope that you will ever man up enough to just speak honestly.)

Your silly efforts to deflect aside, the POINT remains:

There is NO valid claim made that liberals are in any way more open-minded than conservatives.

I never made such a claim; the OP posited it, however fallaciously. On the contrary I've been saying throughout this thread that making such a generalization about the personal traits of a population of an entire political philosophy is insane. Therefore the question itself is inoperative.

That leaves you holding the bag.

The OP didn't "posit" any such thing, you dickweed.

The author of the OP simply asked the question (premised on the fact that we often are lectured by liberals about how open-minded liberals are and how close-minded conservatives are). If YOU were open minded and honest, even YOU would be forced to acknowledge that a lib posting IN this very thread has contended that liberals ARE more open minded. But that's a big "if."

Further it might be wrong or invalid or unsubstantiated to make a broad generalization about some claimed "traits" of any given population BUT that's not the same thing as "insane." Haven't you ever learned that words have actual meaning?

And no. The question is not "inoperative" whatever the fuck you think that means. The question itself was designed -- OBVIOUSLY -- to address (in a rhetorical manner) an often made claim ABOUT liberals made BY liberals.

Finally, your sophistry doesn't leave me or anybody else holding any bags. It does tend to expose you as the smirky poseur you are, however.

I will give you one bit of credit all the same. It is GOOD that you are at least marginally intelligent enough NOT to agree with the absurd claim that liberals are more open-minded than conservatives.

Wow. Melt down much?

crybaby_02.jpg

The fact remains, this thread is based on a grand fallacy of blanket generalization. And there you are defending the idea of fallacy as argument. And then brought ad hominem in so you can have your own.

Clean yourself up now.

hygienic-bathroom-tissue.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back