Are Liberals Really More Open-Minded Than Conservatives?

Common core education is trying to prove you wrong

Conservatives and liberals are such by choice. That being the case liberals make to choice more often to be closed minded to all they decide is not worthy. Conservatives not so much

Live and let live is more an openminded philosophy attributed to conservatives. It can be applied to liberals as long as you let them call the shots

Actually "Live and let live" is an apt description of Liberalism. Usually expressed as "laissez faire" but the English works just as well. Other than that your post contains nothing but empty rhetoric, like the last several posts and the OP.

Which is, to be fair, all it can contain given the task of proving a blanket generalization.

As I said -- damned entertaining.

:dig:

We revert to the previous corollary: are Conservatives really more prone to blanket stereotypes, ipse dixit, simple gainsaying and strawmen than Liberals?

The thread would seem to suggest that they are. But that's y'all talking, not me.

Liberals try to own it but don't live it.

You're a perfect example, thank you ;)

Another "yes" vote on the corollary question. It's almost unanimous. Good thing I'm here to cast the lone dissenting vote. ;)

Libs are more open minded as evidenced by their belief in education and science.

More tolerant? Why would anyone be tolerant of what is strangling us? I have no tolerance for the right's worship of superstition and their blind hatred for women, children, minorities, equality. None at all.

The right is the antithesis of the principles our country was founded on. They would cheerfully turn us into a third world country. Indeed, the reddest states already are and they are sucking the life out of the blue states.

Right.... Try being a scientist that is brave enough to say, "whoa all the facts are not in", regarding evolution or global warming or a teacher who won't join the NEA or a black person who espouses conservative principles.

Your second paragraph is nothing more than an excuse to hate.

Your third is a failed attempt to put your values into the hearts of the founding fathers. Nothing in our founding documents that I have ever read gives any indication that the founding fathers believed that people who will not work deserve a free ride.

Libs are more open minded as evidenced by their belief in education and science.

More tolerant? Why would anyone be tolerant of what is strangling us? I have no tolerance for the right's worship of superstition and their blind hatred for women, children, minorities, equality. None at all.

The right is the antithesis of the principles our country was founded on. They would cheerfully turn us into a third world country. Indeed, the reddest states already are and they are sucking the life out of the blue states.

It's liberals that are sucking the life out of blue states.
Luddly - do you actually think that cons hate women, children & minorities? That is just political rhetoric and it is not true. You have bought into that rhetoric hook, line and sinker.
Talk about closed minded and intolerant.
It is the Republicans who have helped the poor in education. The vouchers in D.C. have gotten many more poor minority children from becoming high school drop outs and continued to go on to college. It was our Democrat President who stopped the vouchers with an executive order and then he had to lift it because of the people who protested against it.

Who's policies are keeping the poor, poor and uneducated. Liberals are, not Cons.

Libs pick and choose about science also. The main one being science on abortion.

Last edited:
"Instances"?? :lol:
Actually those were all strawmen, unlinked, unsubstantiated, unbased. Which was the first thing noted here. So it's the OP that's got nothing. Got it?

Even without that the premise is an attempt to sell a blanket generalization, which is a fool's errand.

Thanks for helping out. :thup:

those were all strawmen,

You are of course quite totally wrong.

But that comes as no surprise. None at all.

You are generally devoid of substance. You are one of the pontificating nittwits who imagines that if YOU claim somebody else has engaged in a "straw man" argument, then that "settles" it.

:lmao:

Assholes like you can't even properly define what a straw man argument actually is. You think you know it when you think you see "it," but since you are just an asshole, what you are actually "identifying" is an argument or a fact which you can't handle honestly or logically.

The OP gets it. The OP was generally correct.; YOU have been and you remain wrong. Got it?

Of course not.

Keep flailing though. You amuse me.

Thank you for this reminder. I amend my previous post thusly:

We revert to the previous corollary: are Conservatives really more prone to blanket stereotypes, ipse dixit, simple gainsaying, strawmen and ad hominem than Liberals?

The thread would seem to suggest that they are. But that's y'all talking, not me.

QED.

Those don't look quiiiiiiite like "open minded" traits to me, but I'd still limit that judgement to those here who fuel on them. Attributing such personal failings to an entire political philosophy would be silly.

Since pogo still cannot see that his trite silly posturing serves only as an amusing proof of how close-minded he is, I should dispense with addressing his silly ass further.

Suffice it to say that the premise of the OP (which, despite pogo's empty claim, is NOT merely a straw man fallacy) is remarkably simple and sophisticated.

ABSENT some concrete evidence to the contrary, there is NO reason to accept the claim (of anyone) that liberals are "more open-minded than conservatives."

There is, so far, not even the glimmerings of a first speck of "concrete evidence to the contrary."

Thus, there is no logical reason of any kind whatsoever to credit such a claim.

All of the close-minded musings of pogo and his self-satisfied smirky ilk cannot change that logical conclusion. The simple, honest and correct answer to the OP "question" is, thus, "no."

Liberals are not open minded, they are monolithic. Not all, but most are.
When one says something they all say the same thing.
They are the ones who are the most arrogant and closed minded.
I was looking at several liberal message boards yesterday and almost all of them has a forum where no cons were allowed.
They don't ever want to be challenged or want to learn about a different or opposite point of view.
Whenever they are confronted about their ideology, they attack rather than discussing and learning.
You give them facts and they are in total denial and say facts are only opinions.
Liberal Journalist's think that the voices of American's are noise and get in the way of their governing, when the people's voices are against their ideology.

So open-minded that their brains fell out.

So, gals, what's it gonna be? Closed, or open?

You need to coordinate your Cabals a little better than that!!

I was looking at several liberal message boards yesterday and almost all of them has a forum where no cons were allowed.
They don't ever want to be challenged or want to learn about a different or opposite point of view.
Whenever they are confronted about their ideology, they attack rather than discussing and learning.
You give them facts and they are in total denial and say facts are only opinions.
Liberal Journalist's think that the voices of American's are noise and get in the way of their governing, when the people's voices are against their ideology.

:thup:

Because nothing says "open minded" like wisps of airy blanket statements backed up by nothing, followed by a relentless parrot chamber, followed by more airy blanket ad hominem followed by more echoes.

Why I'm sure Aristotle is green with envy even as we speak.

The self congratulatory posturing of pogo does nothing to conceal the fact that his false labels have no weight behind them.

Ironically, he offers his 'little wisps' of labeling with nothing to buttress them and he imagines that because he has made the claim, the debate is over and he's somehow "won."

Which Party always caves in to policies of the other Party?
Hint- it is not the Dem's.

I don't think the question was about political parties. It's about Liberals and Conservatives, and what kind of blanket generalizations of personal traits we can attribute to entire blocs of politics.

Which is damned entertaining. :eusa_whistle:

Do you actually think that there is conservative representation in the Democratic Party?

That is exactly why I left the party. I like millions of others got tired of trying to fight the liberals in the party for more than 20 years.
Liberals declared in the 90's that there was no conservative Dem's left. Perfect example of being closed minded.
Yeah, they're called the Blue Dogs and like the so called RINOs in the republican party are fast becoming an endangered species. Sadly.

I don't think the question was about political parties. It's about Liberals and Conservatives, and what kind of blanket generalizations of personal traits we can attribute to entire blocs of politics.

Which is damned entertaining. :eusa_whistle:

Do you actually think that there is conservative representation in the Democratic Party?

That is exactly why I left the party. I like millions of others got tired of trying to fight the liberals in the party for more than 20 years.
Liberals declared in the 90's that there was no conservative Dem's left. Perfect example of being closed minded.
Yeah, they're called the Blue Dogs and like the so called RINOs in the republican party are fast becoming an endangered species. Sadly.

I think they already were eradicated in 2010...

We are both saying to same thing, not opened minded. The 2nd one is satirical.

Not yet, there's still a couple of them around though I don't hold out much hope for the next election unless people suddenly become less polarized which I doubt.

Not yet, there's still a couple of them around though I don't hold out much hope for the next election unless people suddenly become less polarized which I doubt.

I hope so as well, but if this board is of any hint, that is not going to happen.

The self congratulatory posturing of pogo does nothing to conceal the fact that his false labels have no weight behind them.

Ironically, he offers his 'little wisps' of labeling with nothing to buttress them and he imagines that because he has made the claim, the debate is over and he's somehow "won."

Ironically, the wisps of stereotyping with nothing to buttress them is exactly what I noted about the OP. First post when I got here. That's point 1, point 2 being that it presents a blanket generalization and proceeds to declare it substantiated with no substantiation whatsoever. Never mind the fallacious folly of attempting that.

In a related story... DUH.

A Sisyphustic task talking to a poster who's so abjectly ignorant that he carries a blanket generalization right there in his own sig line.

Pure entertainment. :D

Edit: After further review I am compelled to amend-- Two blanket generalizations in his own sig line. Captain Obvious regrets the oversight. Credit where due.

Last edited:

We are both saying to same thing, not opened minded. The 2nd one is satirical.

He'd understand that if he had an open mind :lol:

Blue Dogs are not Dems in name only, like RINOS are. Their ideology gets in the way of the liberals ideology.
Yes - only 24 are left and many of them face extinction in 2014. There is about one third of Dem's who are conservative yet, they have little to no representation.
That is why so many conservative Dem's left the party in 2010. Too many of the conservative Dem's got tired of fighting the liberal domination of the party.
Both parties have become political and are not doing what is good for the country.

Ironically, the wisps of stereotyping with nothing to buttress them is exactly what I noted about the OP. First post when I got here. That's point 1, point 2 being that it presents a blanket generalization and proceeds to declare it substantiated with no substantiation whatsoever. Never mind the fallacious folly of attempting that.

A Sisyphustic task talking to a poster who's so abjectly ignorant that he carries a blanket generalization right there in his own sig line.

Edit: After further review I am compelled to amend-- Two blanket generalizations in his own sig line. Captain Obvious regrets the oversight. Credit where due.

It isn't ironic. Wrong word choice. Your ongoing willingness to misuse words does nothing to further your "argument."

What you noted about the OP is still just wrong.

That's right. YOU are wrong. Plain and simple.

Now, back to the point you keep trying to evade. (It's ok. You've got nothing; so of course you'd prefer to go for distraction instead. Typical of you weak-minded poseurs. Don't worry. Nobody holds it against you. We see how lame you are and many of us harbor no hope that you will ever man up enough to just speak honestly.)

Your silly efforts to deflect aside, the POINT remains:

There is NO valid claim made that liberals are in any way more open-minded than conservatives.

It isn't ironic. Wrong word choice. Your ongoing willingness to misuse words does nothing to further your "argument."

Easy way to make that case: show me where the OP documents, links, quotes or in any way substantiates any of its wispy generalizations, at all.

Oh wait... you can't do that. It doesn't exist. :eusa_boohoo:

Now, back to the point you keep trying to evade. (It's ok. You've got nothing; so of course you'd prefer to go for distraction instead. Typical of you weak-minded poseurs. Don't worry. Nobody holds it against you. We see how lame you are and many of us harbor no hope that you will ever man up enough to just speak honestly.)

There is NO valid claim made that liberals are in any way more open-minded than conservatives.

I never made such a claim; the OP posited it, however fallaciously. On the contrary I've been saying throughout this thread that making such a generalization about the personal traits of a population of an entire political philosophy is insane. Therefore the question itself is inoperative.

That leaves you holding the bag.

Are today's liberals more open-minded than cons?

It seems to me today's liberal is more closed-minded than any conservative I know.

SNL writers say that jokes about liberals causes a lot of angry responses but with cons they tend to laugh about it.

Liberals feel that blacks have to vote Democrat or they aren't authentic.

Women that respect life are called religious extremists.

The primary reason the left attacks religions is because of their anti-gay beliefs.

So who is really more open-minded, liberals or conservatives?

Depends on the liberal. Some don't like the religious who attack science.

Mostly it's right wingers people don't like.

Easy way to make that case: show me where the OP documents, links, quotes or in any way substantiates any of its wispy generalizations, at all.

Oh wait... you can't do that. It doesn't exist. :eusa_boohoo:

I never made such a claim; the OP posited it, however fallaciously. On the contrary I've been saying throughout this thread that making such a generalization about the personal traits of a population of an entire political philosophy is insane. Therefore the question itself is inoperative.

That leaves you holding the bag.

The OP didn't "posit" any such thing, you dickweed.

The author of the OP simply asked the question (premised on the fact that we often are lectured by liberals about how open-minded liberals are and how close-minded conservatives are). If YOU were open minded and honest, even YOU would be forced to acknowledge that a lib posting IN this very thread has contended that liberals ARE more open minded. But that's a big "if."

Further it might be wrong or invalid or unsubstantiated to make a broad generalization about some claimed "traits" of any given population BUT that's not the same thing as "insane." Haven't you ever learned that words have actual meaning?

And no. The question is not "inoperative" whatever the fuck you think that means. The question itself was designed -- OBVIOUSLY -- to address (in a rhetorical manner) an often made claim ABOUT liberals made BY liberals.

Finally, your sophistry doesn't leave me or anybody else holding any bags. It does tend to expose you as the smirky poseur you are, however.

I will give you one bit of credit all the same. It is GOOD that you are at least marginally intelligent enough NOT to agree with the absurd claim that liberals are more open-minded than conservatives.

Forum List

Back