Are Liberals Really More Open-Minded Than Conservatives?

Did you mean LEFTISTS?

then they are the most closed-minded people under the sun.

No, some of the most closed minded (because they think their view is the only "right' one) and some of the most intolerant people I have seen..

Are today's liberals more open-minded than cons?

It seems to me today's liberal is more closed-minded than any conservative I know.

SNL writers say that jokes about liberals causes a lot of angry responses but with cons they tend to laugh about it.

Liberals feel that blacks have to vote Democrat or they aren't authentic.

Women that respect life are called religious extremists.

The primary reason the left attacks religions is because of their anti-gay beliefs.

So who is really more open-minded, liberals or conservatives?

Neither, both are generally as closed minded as the other yet love to claim the opposite.

That they lie should indicate their close-mindedness. They campaign on bipartisanship, then in office, say that Republicans are only along for the ride. Though the Congress voted for the war in Iraq, lefties would call it Bush's war in further attempts to vilify him. A 50-year war on poverty only to see an increase in poverty these last five years. Government built your small business. They tell us they're about choice, though we're limited on our preferences for light bulbs, guns, and the schools we send our children to. Not to mention, If you like your health plan, you can keep it. And all the rest.

Lefties epitomize close-mindedness. If you're not even open to the truth, can you be any more close-minded?

Neither, both are generally as closed minded as the other yet love to claim the opposite.

I know why you would say that, but I would disagree.
The "Christian Right", or faith base conservatives I would agree are very closed minded.
And i would also agree they are both equally politically closed minded (obviously)
Maybe the truth is more in how they go about their closed beliefs.
I am trying to think of a national candidate where conservatives were so nasty to as the left was to Palin. Not remembering any.

The "Christian Right", or faith base conservatives I would agree are very closed minded.
And i would also agree they are both equally politically closed minded (obviously)
I am trying to think of a national candidate where conservatives were so nasty to as the left was to Palin. Not remembering any.

The general process of politics is closed mindedness as evidenced on this board every minute. Pointing out one example doesn't make a case for one side or the other it simply shows that one side is less or more closed minded in that specific area. We all have our political and social sacred cows and most will remain closed to anything that challenges those positions.

The general process of politics is closed mindedness as evidenced on this board every minute. Pointing out one example doesn't make a case for one side or the other it simply shows that one side is less or more closed minded in that specific area. We all have our political and social sacred cows and most will remain closed to anything that challenges those positions.

I won't argue with that.
Considering that as bad as things are in Washington - the last election result was almost 100% re-elections because no one will vote for the other party.

I won't argue with that.
Considering that as bad as things are in Washington - the last election result was almost 100% re-elections because no one will vote for the other party.

All the left has to do to keep their voters is illustrate why the GOP sucks more than they do, even though they have provided proof in the last few months that Democrats can't do anything right.

Still, liberals will vote Democrat because their minds are closed.

Are Liberals Really More Open-Minded Than Conservatives?

There are hive-minded doctrinaires on both sides.

the whole point of this thread like lot's of mud's threads is to bash liberal /leftists
making the OP's question moot!

Extremists of any kind tend to be closed-minded, on the left or the right.

The difference is the extremists are running the show on the left.

Not so much on the right.

It seems to me today's liberal is more closed-minded than any conservative I know.

SNL writers say that jokes about liberals causes a lot of angry responses but with cons they tend to laugh about it.

The primary reason the left attacks religions is because of their anti-gay beliefs.

As in willing to consider various ideas, and proceed to select the correct ones?

Nay, nay!

a. They were wrong about Stalin, “Uncle Joe” to FDR.
b. They were wrong about Reagan and the Cold War
c. They were wrong about the Soviet Union.
d. They were wrong about their precious “Abraham Lincoln Brigade,” in the Spanish Civil War, which the Soviet archives proves was a “rigidly controlled Soviet operation.”
e. They were wrong about Nicaragua, as Communist dictatorships in Latin America turned out not to be ‘inevitable revolutions’ after all.
f. They were wrong about welfare.
g. They were wrong about crime, as Giuliani’s success proved.
h. They were wrong about Social Security, which I now heading toward bankruptcy.
i. They were wrong about ditching our ally, the Shah of Iran, allowing him to be replaced by crazy ayatollahs.
j. And today, the Left’s single biggest cause is ‘global warming.’
Coulter.

I believe that covers it.

Yes we are, and I do not want to discuss it further.

^^ ha ha this is very clever and funny ^^

as for making fun of liberals, since the more you understand the full content of something you are spoofing the deeper the humor, to make fun of liberals would require understanding the full analytical content behind all their thinking.

I notice there are both cheap shots at libs and cons that are superficial
(like making fun of Rush as fat or Obama as Muslim)
and aren't as funny as the deeper pokes and slams on their real content and flaws.

so naturally the intelligent humor it would take to make fun of
Obama and liberals without doing the cheap superficial slams
takes more work. Some of this humor may not work for late night and TV comedy.

the only funny sketch on Obama I remember was making fun of the press being
in love with him and hanging on his every word while ignoring anyone else.
so this was indirectly making fun of both Obama's ego and the liberal media bias.

when I wrote my Constitutional spoof on Obama, no one has been
able to produce it because the humor is too intellectual for most people:

Obama Gangsta Style - Lyrics for Video Contest

so this is what you get with liberal progressive humor spoofing the Democrats
going over people's heads and not hitting the mainstream media audience

This is why you don't see this in the media
People going for cheap shots can sooner hit conservative Republicans as easier targets
Making fun of Rush being fat or Palin being dumb is fair game.

If you go for the Democrats, the cheap shots are considered off limits
like making fun of Obama's race or references to Muslim terrorism.

To get in to deeper content, you risk losing your comedy audience.
Maybe a TRAGEDY about the Democrats would be more suitable.

Last edited:
PC don't forget

liberals who reject faith based methods of spiritual healing of mental and physical illness, but demand universal health care, yet insisting on separation of church and state to block access to healing practices that would save resources to serve more of the population

liberals who denounce all conversion therapy as fraudulent and abusive, and close their minds to any cases of unnatural homosexuality caused by sexual abuse which was healed by applying spiritual healing, where people restored their original orientation. these cases are denounced as false, claiming the people were not really gay to begin with, or are still gay and just in denial. there is not equal accounting for cases where homosexuality WASN'T natural or born, and WAS able to be changed through spiritual healing.

these cases are thrown out the window while claiming to embrace diversity and inclusion.

this is too threatening to the liberal agenda that has to make Christian conservatives the enemy. so they can't possibly be right about spiritual healing especially not homosexuality.

never mind about how the ACA is prochoice or how the state imposing gay marriage is separating church and state.

if you want to call that "open minded" that liberals can believe in conflicting things at the same time, maybe that is what they mean? I know some conservatives who have to think twice about not pushing prolife to the point of violating Amendment One since this is faith based, and not excluding Muslims for the same reason; the difference is when I confront conservatives using the Constitution they correct themselves. with liberals, only the ones with Constitutional backgrounds get the arguments based on that. the others don't get it.

As in willing to consider various ideas, and proceed to select the correct ones?

Nay, nay!

a. They were wrong about Stalin, “Uncle Joe” to FDR.
b. They were wrong about Reagan and the Cold War
c. They were wrong about the Soviet Union.
d. They were wrong about their precious “Abraham Lincoln Brigade,” in the Spanish Civil War, which the Soviet archives proves was a “rigidly controlled Soviet operation.”
e. They were wrong about Nicaragua, as Communist dictatorships in Latin America turned out not to be ‘inevitable revolutions’ after all.
f. They were wrong about welfare.
g. They were wrong about crime, as Giuliani’s success proved.
h. They were wrong about Social Security, which I now heading toward bankruptcy.
i. They were wrong about ditching our ally, the Shah of Iran, allowing him to be replaced by crazy ayatollahs.
j. And today, the Left’s single biggest cause is ‘global warming.’
Coulter.

I believe that covers it.

Yes we are, and I do not want to discuss it further.

^^ ha ha this is very clever and funny ^^

as for making fun of liberals, since the more you understand the full content of something you are spoofing the deeper the humor, to make fun of liberals would require understanding the full analytical content behind all their thinking.

I notice there are both cheap shots at libs and cons that are superficial
(like making fun of Rush as fat or Obama as Muslim)
and aren't as funny as the deeper pokes and slams on their real content and flaws.

so naturally the intelligent humor it would take to make fun of
Obama and liberals without doing the cheap superficial slams
takes more work. Some of this humor may not work for late night and TV comedy.

the only funny sketch on Obama I remember was making fun of the press being
in love with him and hanging on his every word while ignoring anyone else.
so this was indirectly making fun of both Obama's ego and the liberal media bias.

when I wrote my Constitutional spoof on Obama, no one has been
able to produce it because the humor is too intellectual for most people:

Obama Gangsta Style - Lyrics for Video Contest

so this is what you get with liberal progressive humor spoofing the Democrats
going over people's heads and not hitting the mainstream media audience

This is why you don't see this in the media
People going for cheap shots can sooner hit conservative Republicans as easier targets
Making fun of Rush being fat or Palin being dumb is fair game.

If you go for the Democrats, the cheap shots are considered off limits
like making fun of Obama's race or references to Muslim terrorism.

To get in to deeper content, you risk losing your comedy audience.
Maybe a TRAGEDY about the Democrats would be more suitable.

Much good humor goes over some people's heads, and it is usually sophisticated humor.

Neither

Wanting to constantly accept the next new thing to dump the last old thing, isn't open minded.

It's a predictable pattern

Forum List

Back