Are Liberals Really More Open-Minded Than Conservatives?

Are today's liberals more open-minded than cons?

It seems to me today's liberal is more closed-minded than any conservative I know.

SNL writers say that jokes about liberals causes a lot of angry responses but with cons they tend to laugh about it.

Liberals feel that blacks have to vote Democrat or they aren't authentic.

Women that respect life are called religious extremists.

The primary reason the left attacks religions is because of their anti-gay beliefs.

So who is really more open-minded, liberals or conservatives?

Yes we are, and I do not want to discuss it further.

^^ ha ha this is very clever and funny ^^

as for making fun of liberals, since the more you understand the full content of something you are spoofing the deeper the humor, to make fun of liberals would require understanding the full analytical content behind all their thinking.

I notice there are both cheap shots at libs and cons that are superficial
(like making fun of Rush as fat or Obama as Muslim)
and aren't as funny as the deeper pokes and slams on their real content and flaws.

so naturally the intelligent humor it would take to make fun of
Obama and liberals without doing the cheap superficial slams
takes more work. Some of this humor may not work for late night and TV comedy.

the only funny sketch on Obama I remember was making fun of the press being
in love with him and hanging on his every word while ignoring anyone else.
so this was indirectly making fun of both Obama's ego and the liberal media bias.

when I wrote my Constitutional spoof on Obama, no one has been
able to produce it because the humor is too intellectual for most people:

Obama Gangsta Style - Lyrics for Video Contest

so this is what you get with liberal progressive humor spoofing the Democrats
going over people's heads and not hitting the mainstream media audience

This is why you don't see this in the media
People going for cheap shots can sooner hit conservative Republicans as easier targets
Making fun of Rush being fat or Palin being dumb is fair game.

If you go for the Democrats, the cheap shots are considered off limits
like making fun of Obama's race or references to Muslim terrorism.

To get in to deeper content, you risk losing your comedy audience.
Maybe a TRAGEDY about the Democrats would be more suitable.

Another stereotype.

Conservatives are simple-minded and liberals are intelligent.

Total nonsense of course. But it has really gone a long way to explain away the left's hypocrisy. If it doesn't make any sense they just say we're not smart enough to understand.

the whole point of this thread like lot's of mud's threads is to bash liberal /leftists
making the OP's question moot!

Extremists of any kind tend to be closed-minded, on the left or the right.

The difference is the extremists are running the show on the left.

Not so much on the right.
did you make that bullshit up yourself ?

It seems to me today's liberal is more closed-minded than any conservative I know.

SNL writers say that jokes about liberals causes a lot of angry responses but with cons they tend to laugh about it.

The primary reason the left attacks religions is because of their anti-gay beliefs.

link of SNL saying that? angry response is not a definition of a closed mind.... trying to get SNL shut down would be...

I know, right? This OP is like "Parade of the Strawmen". You'd think some posters would have been here long enough to know how to make a point.

It is, actually, pretty funny to consider just HOW very close-minded the modern day "liberal" tends to be.

The OP makes a perfectly fair and valid point.

It is, actually, pretty funny to consider just HOW very close-minded the modern day "liberal" tends to be.

The OP makes a perfectly fair and valid point.

-- as long as you're simple enough to actually take strawmen seriously...

link of SNL saying that? angry response is not a definition of a closed mind.... trying to get SNL shut down would be...

I know, right? This OP is like "Parade of the Strawmen". You'd think some posters would have been here long enough to know how to make a point.

Do you have a point?

Do you have a point?

Does the thread?

Exactly. Voilà.
As a fatter o' mact it deserves special recognition...

Taking the premise alone though, since Conservatism is about holding on to status quo and Liberalism is about a free flow of ideas, it would seem the answer would tend to be "yes, by definition". Depending of course on what one means by "open minded".

Last edited:

Do you have a point?

Does the thread?

Exactly. Voilà.

Taking the premise alone though, since Conservatism is about holding on to status quo and Liberalism is about a free flow of ideas, it would seem the answer would tend to be "yes, by definition". Depending of course on what one means by "open minded".

Why yes.....it's in the title. If it's too difficult for you, perhaps the thread about what song you're listening to would be more to your liking.

Let me simplify things for our dense friend pogo:

No.

It is NOT true that "liberals are more open-minded than conservatives."

In fact, a good case can be made that they are (by and large) more close-minded than they portray conservatives to be.

Do you have a point?

Does the thread?

Exactly. Voilà.

Why yes.....it's in the title. If it's too difficult for you, perhaps the thread about what song you're listening to would be more to your liking.

I've already addressed the title (premise), which is more than the OP did with its parade of unsubstantiated strawmen. And that, for the slow readers, was the point.

Does the thread?

Exactly. Voilà.

I've already addressed the title (premise), which is more than the OP did with its parade of unsubstantiated strawmen. And that, for the slow readers, was the point.

^ pogo imagines he is even capable of making a point.

:lmao:

Does the thread?

Exactly. Voilà.

I'm sure you satisfy yourself frequently.

Let me simplify things for our dense friend pogo:

No.

It is NOT true that "liberals are more open-minded than conservatives."

In fact, a good case can be made that they are (by and large) more close-minded than they portray conservatives to be.

Go ahead and try. :popcorn:

Libs are more open minded as evidenced by their belief in education and science.

More tolerant? Why would anyone be tolerant of what is strangling us? I have no tolerance for the right's worship of superstition and their blind hatred for women, children, minorities, equality. None at all.

The right is the antithesis of the principles our country was founded on. They would cheerfully turn us into a third world country. Indeed, the reddest states already are and they are sucking the life out of the blue states.

Forum List

Back