Are Liberals Really More Open-Minded Than Conservatives?

Liberals are not open minded, they are monolithic. Not all, but most are.
When one says something they all say the same thing.
They are the ones who are the most arrogant and closed minded.
I was looking at several liberal message boards yesterday and almost all of them has a forum where no cons were allowed.
They don't ever want to be challenged or want to learn about a different or opposite point of view.
Whenever they are confronted about their ideology, they attack rather than discussing and learning.
You give them facts and they are in total denial and say facts are only opinions.
Liberal Journalist's think that the voices of American's are noise and get in the way of their governing, when the people's voices are against their ideology.

So open-minded that their brains fell out.

So, gals, what's it gonna be? Closed, or open?

You need to coordinate your Cabals a little better than that!!

We are both saying to same thing, not opened minded. The 2nd one is satirical.

uhuh....

:lol:

It isn't ironic. Wrong word choice. Your ongoing willingness to misuse words does nothing to further your "argument."

What you noted about the OP is still just wrong.

That's right. YOU are wrong. Plain and simple.

Easy way to make that case: show me where the OP documents, links, quotes or in any way substantiates any of its wispy generalizations, at all.

Oh wait... you can't do that. It doesn't exist. :eusa_boohoo:

Now, back to the point you keep trying to evade. (It's ok. You've got nothing; so of course you'd prefer to go for distraction instead. Typical of you weak-minded poseurs. Don't worry. Nobody holds it against you. We see how lame you are and many of us harbor no hope that you will ever man up enough to just speak honestly.)

Your silly efforts to deflect aside, the POINT remains:

There is NO valid claim made that liberals are in any way more open-minded than conservatives.

I never made such a claim; the OP posited it, however fallaciously. On the contrary I've been saying throughout this thread that making such a generalization about the personal traits of a population of an entire political philosophy is insane. Therefore the question itself is inoperative.

That leaves you holding the bag.

The OP didn't "posit" any such thing, you dickweed.

The author of the OP simply asked the question (premised on the fact that we often are lectured by liberals about how open-minded liberals are and how close-minded conservatives are). If YOU were open minded and honest, even YOU would be forced to acknowledge that a lib posting IN this very thread has contended that liberals ARE more open minded. But that's a big "if."

Further it might be wrong or invalid or unsubstantiated to make a broad generalization about some claimed "traits" of any given population BUT that's not the same thing as "insane." Haven't you ever learned that words have actual meaning?

And no. The question is not "inoperative" whatever the fuck you think that means. The question itself was designed -- OBVIOUSLY -- to address (in a rhetorical manner) an often made claim ABOUT liberals made BY liberals.

Finally, your sophistry doesn't leave me or anybody else holding any bags. It does tend to expose you as the smirky poseur you are, however.

I will give you one bit of credit all the same. It is GOOD that you are at least marginally intelligent enough NOT to agree with the absurd claim that liberals are more open-minded than conservatives.
I knew a guy in high school named dick weed...

Easy way to make that case: show me where the OP documents, links, quotes or in any way substantiates any of its wispy generalizations, at all.

Oh wait... you can't do that. It doesn't exist. :eusa_boohoo:

I never made such a claim; the OP posited it, however fallaciously. On the contrary I've been saying throughout this thread that making such a generalization about the personal traits of a population of an entire political philosophy is insane. Therefore the question itself is inoperative.

That leaves you holding the bag.

The OP didn't "posit" any such thing, you dickweed.

The author of the OP simply asked the question (premised on the fact that we often are lectured by liberals about how open-minded liberals are and how close-minded conservatives are). If YOU were open minded and honest, even YOU would be forced to acknowledge that a lib posting IN this very thread has contended that liberals ARE more open minded. But that's a big "if."

Further it might be wrong or invalid or unsubstantiated to make a broad generalization about some claimed "traits" of any given population BUT that's not the same thing as "insane." Haven't you ever learned that words have actual meaning?

And no. The question is not "inoperative" whatever the fuck you think that means. The question itself was designed -- OBVIOUSLY -- to address (in a rhetorical manner) an often made claim ABOUT liberals made BY liberals.

Finally, your sophistry doesn't leave me or anybody else holding any bags. It does tend to expose you as the smirky poseur you are, however.

I will give you one bit of credit all the same. It is GOOD that you are at least marginally intelligent enough NOT to agree with the absurd claim that liberals are more open-minded than conservatives.
I knew a guy in high school named dick weed...

I knew a guy named Fagan.

No joke.

He was a dyed in the wool lib (before kids were even politically aware).

He was close-minded, though.

Are today's liberals more open-minded than cons?

It seems to me today's liberal is more closed-minded than any conservative I know.

SNL writers say that jokes about liberals causes a lot of angry responses but with cons they tend to laugh about it.

Liberals feel that blacks have to vote Democrat or they aren't authentic.

Women that respect life are called religious extremists.

The primary reason the left attacks religions is because of their anti-gay beliefs.

So who is really more open-minded, liberals or conservatives?

Depends on the liberal. Some don't like the religious who attack science.

Mostly it's right wingers people don't like.

Being against sin is not anti. How many in this country said that they think gays should have equal rights under the law? The majority. Rights under the law can be done without them being married in God's Church.

Questioning some of science's conclusions is not attacking it. Many on the left do it too.

There are more Cons & Mods than Libs.
Latest Gallup poll Jan. 2014
Libs - 23%
Mods- 34%
Cons - 38%
Cons and Mods are closer in ideology than the Libs.
The problem is the Libs have taken control of the country in everything.
LIBS -Only our way is best and must be forced on everyone. Never mind that we are not representing the 72% in this country.

It seems to me today's liberal is more closed-minded than any conservative I know.

SNL writers say that jokes about liberals causes a lot of angry responses but with cons they tend to laugh about it.

The primary reason the left attacks religions is because of their anti-gay beliefs.

Being against sin is not anti. How many in this country said that they think gays should have equal rights under the law? The majority. Rights under the law can be done without them being married in God's Church.

Questioning some of science's conclusions is not attacking it. Many on the left do it too.

Libs - 23%
Mods- 34%
Cons - 38%
LIBS -Only our way is best and must be forced on everyone. Never mind that we are not representing the 72% in this country.
sin is a religious concept not a secular one.
against and anti are the same no matter how hard you spin it.
that all by it's self is evidence of a closed mind.

Libs - 23%
Mods- 34%
Cons - 38%

Majority want gays to have equal protection under the law, not marriage in a Church. That is not anti gay.
Anti gay would be no protection under the law.

Most liberals/dems I know are very open minded and accept differing points of view ... as long as that differing point of view agrees with their pov. Also, I rarely read any posts on here were a D will criticize a D politician; I've read plenty of posts where an R will criticize an R pol.

Look how tolerant the left is of Shirley Temple, now that many have found out she was a Republican.

Rage Explosion: Left Hosts Twitter Hatefest for Deceased Republican... 'F*ck Shirley Temple' | Independent Journal Review

Wow, where's that 'acceptance of difference' the left is suppose to stand for? Oh, wrong king of 'difference'.

Being Open Minded means -

Letting go of control. Liberals are all about control

Experiencing changes - Change in representation 2010 and the libs still would not except any changes in the Entitlement programs. It must be done the Libs way only. Harry Reid - I will not bring up any bills that are controversial. It does not matter that the people elected them. I won't let their voices be heard.

Making yourself vulnerable - having an open mind means you don't know everything. Something that a lib is unable to do. Libs latch on to security and they are afraid of freedom. Freedom allows you to fail and failure strengthens you. Security weakens you.

Open mindedness means strength, (not laziness), confidence, and being honest.

Libs - 23%
Mods- 34%
Cons - 38%

Majority want gays to have equal protection under the law, not marriage in a Church. That is not anti gay.
it's their right as Americans to have equal protection.
church has no say in the matter...

Being Open Minded means -

Letting go of control. Liberals are all about control

Experiencing changes - Change in representation 2010 and the libs still would not except any changes in the Entitlement programs. It must be done the Libs way only. Harry Reid - I will not bring up any bills that are controversial. It does not matter that the people elected them. I won't let their voices be heard.

Making yourself vulnerable - having an open mind means you don't know everything. Something that a lib is unable to do. Libs latch on to security and they are afraid of freedom. Freedom allows you to fail and failure strengthens you. Security weakens you.

Open mindedness means strength, (not laziness), confidence, and being honest.
sounds like conservatives too me.....

having an open mind means you don't know everything. Something that a lib is unable to do.

You actually don't see what you just did there??

:lmao:

The funny... it hurts... make it stop!
rofl.gif

:dig:

The church has a say as to whether or not they will marry someone. It has everything to do with the separation of church and state, it goes both ways.

The church has a say as to whether or not they will marry someone. It has everything to do with the separation of church and state, it goes both ways.
true..
there are lots of church here in socal that are doing a booming business doing gay marriages.

Seriously dude.

Most of you folks want to legislate big restrictions on people's rights.

You want government intrusion into private lives and want government to make a national religion, language and ethnic standard.

The idea that people who are against that sort of crap are against it because they aren't open minded is a whole new kind of Orwell mindfuck.

1st Amendment says you are wrong.
Church has the right to say yes or no.
Federal Government does not have the right to force Church's to marry them. Like they are doing right now with birth control pills.

Seriously dude.

You want government intrusion into private lives and want government to make a national religion, language and ethnic standard.

The idea that people who are against that sort of crap are against it because they aren't open minded is a whole new kind of Orwell mindfuck.

Orwellian is the left who have forced their Health Care Bill against the majority of the people.
That is not true.
Who is pushing for a national religion or a national language or ethnic standard?
I think that most Americans are against government intrusion into our private lives.

Seriously dude.

Orwellian is the left who have forced their Health Care Bill against the majority of the people.
That is not true.
Who is pushing for a national religion or a national language or ethnic standard?
I think that most Americans are against government intrusion into our private lives.

The ACA was passed with a majority in both Houses of congress and signed into law by the duly elected President of the United States.

If you are not for governmental intrusion, then certainly you are against states prying into people's bedrooms, amirite?

Seriously dude.

It's funny that you say this. The Dems have never passed up an opportunity to legislate, regulate and control the behavior of the American people because....they know what's better for you than you do. Seriously indeed.

Seriously dude.

That is not true.

The ACA was passed with a majority in both Houses of congress and signed into law by the duly elected President of the United States.

If you are not for governmental intrusion, then certainly you are against states prying into people's bedrooms, amirite?

Not so fast there Sparky. Harry Reid played fast and loose with procedures to get it passed.

http://www.crawfordbroadcasting.com/Vecchio_Archives/How Obamacare Became Law.pdf

Forum List

Back