Zone1 Are many Christians acting very un-Christian like?

Explain yourself and why you see that as truth. In what way are we like the Taliban, what is it that we insist you agree on, and how are we trying to control you?
Not all christians. But there are a number of Christian fundamentalists who wish to enforce their religion by law and turn the United States into a Christian. Theocracy in which it's illegal to not be christian.

They want to enforce their views and believe from everyone else. There is a number of far right christians who want to make it a Capital crime to be gay for example.

But in the end those people are not actually christian at all. They use their religion to justify their fascism, And they are no different than extreme muslims who want to enforce sharia law on everyone. Their goal is to enforce the christian equivalent of sharia law in the united states.
They are the christian equivalent of the Taliban and other jihadist muslims.

Are many Christians acting very un-Christian like? I agree with Rev. Benjamin Cremer.

335459078_962682128229093_2230501999502534660_n.jpg

And yet he has "reverend" in front of his name.

Sure.

Yes, and I know it's my own fault. I believe in God, but I act like the devil. I'm getting tired of it, and I hope I start to mature soon.

According to Jesus, you are probably closer to God than most anyone in this thread.

As exampled in the people praying in Luke 18. Everyone in this thread, "Thank God I'm not like THESE people." Whereas Jesus points out the one saying, "Help me God, a sinner." He would not even cast his eye to heaven. Whereas, again, everyone around him was looking at everyone else, saying "well, I'm better than THEM."

Do you think Jesus Christ would be in Washington figuring ways to keep people in need at the border from entering the US.

Heck no. He would be at the border helping those in need.
No, He wouldn't.

Did He go to Rome or Jerusalem and work to stop the practice of crucifixion? Did He lobby government to right any wrong? Was He an advocate for any form of criminal behavior? No. He told you to OBEY THE LAWS. Maybe you should stop advocating for criminals

You're trying to create a "jesus" I'm your own image.

Not all christians. But there are a number of Christian fundamentalists who wish to enforce their religion by law and turn the United States into a Christian. Theocracy in which it's illegal to not be christian.

They want to enforce their views and believe from everyone else. There is a number of far right christians who want to make it a Capital crime to be gay for example.

But in the end those people are not actually christian at all. They use their religion to justify their fascism, And they are no different than extreme muslims who want to enforce sharia law on everyone. Their goal is to enforce the christian equivalent of sharia law in the united states.
None that I know give me some examples!

This is not about left or right politics. This is about religion. It is about God, not a politicain rom either side.
Your focus appears to be on politics and not God. That will never work out.

Your OP makes it about politics, and you complain when I point this out.

I think religious types would turn us into a theocracy if they could, with horrifying consequences. They see people that disagree with them as demons. What do you think they'd do to those demons if they had complete control? We got a dose in the dark ages. I'm good on all that.

Pretty broad brush there Butch.

Church members often express these thoughts, but I have never heard such from the pulpit.

You're mistaken. Christians have no plan to make homosexuality illegal. We recognize that it's a sin. However, what we do want is to protect the children from indoctrination that homosexuality is normal.

No he did not. Let the Romans determine whether he kept their law. They crucified him for treason. Jewish law is the law of the Jewish religion not a Jewish state. Jesus broke one of the key "laws" of judism - he broke the Sabbath. Jesus ultimately saw the laws of God over rides any law made by man. You follow the laws of the land unless they contradict the laws of God.

Should a Christian in Germany in 1930 follow the laws Hitler advocated for his country. Hell no. I mean hell no because that is where you would end up.
Rome did not crucify Jesus for treason. Jesus was not a traitor to the Roman Empire.

David and his men ate the Bread of Presence. Hunger overrode the Law. Even on Sabbath, Jews prepared food from their pantries. Pharisaical constraints on the Law prohibited even minimal exertion, which was ridiculous.

Last edited:
To be sure, many Christians - too many - believe that Christians must stay out of politics.

A foolish notion that we've been taught, that “separation of church and state” means that Christians must not allow our moral standards to affect political policy. This has resulted in Satan being given free hand to exert heavy influence over public policy.

Wherever God's influence is driven out, Satan has free hand to take over the resulting void.

Forum List

Back