Are politicians born corrupt, or do they become corrupt?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
It seems many get into politics to get money and power.

Is that worse than people who go in as altristic good people and they get tainted by DC toxicity?

Is that worse than people who go in as altristic good people and they get tainted by DC toxicity?

Could you please define what you mean by 'corrupt'?

If you mean that they are breaking the law, then please report it to the appropriate law enforcement along with proof of the accusations.

If you mean that they do things that are legal, but you think should not be legal, then you should be against the 'Citizens United decision' and for campaign contribution limits, if not totally public funded campaigns.

Which is it?

I can't figure out how, within one family, there can be such a split between tendencies. I had siblings who seemed to have been born as narcissistic sociopaths and others who were very normal people. The losers all believed that they had the brains and charisma to be politicians, and others who devoted their lives to simple things like science and farming almost seem to have come from different families.
I always saw that difference and wondered why.

I can't figure out how, within one family, there can be such a split between tendencies. I had siblings who seemed to have been born as narcissistic sociopaths and others who were very normal people. The losers all believed that they had the brains and charisma to be politicians, and others who devoted their lives to simple things like science and farming almost seem to have come from different families.
I always saw that difference and wondered why.
And you aren't the normal, and you wonder why.

Not all politicians are like Donald Trump. Most are people that chose government services, as a profession, when they were young. Most are uniquely educated for government service and spend many years at low level government jobs before they move into the political arena. They actually know what they are doing - they want to serve.

Of course, as Trump has proven, ANYBODY can get elected of they have enough financial backing. ANYBODY can be a carnival barker that gets morons excited and gets them to vote for him.

Unfortunately, the political parties are supposed to filter out those that are unqualified, but that has grossly failed in the GOP.

Forum List

Back