Are Republicans Christians?

Some federal programs have been successful. Food stamps, for instance, Headstart and WIC.

"In the late 1960s, medical studies revealed that American children were dying from diseases related to severe malnutrition. Food Stamps were made available nationwide, and in 1979, doctors found that severe malnutrition had become rare, a result they attributed to Food Stamps."
http://www.mncn.org/bp/foodstamps.pdf

Federal social programs are not the enemy.

Did you know that Head Start's highly touted success rate is only temporary?

Obama Administration Report Shows Head Start Ineffective | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

It's all about race. Believe it. No one can take the odious policies for eight years of the last administration and suddenly get mad over this administration. It's not possible.

Try this one on for size.

After 8 years of Bush people voted for Obama expecting the change he promised, and are pissed that what they are ending up with is the exact same thing they just voted against.

You can't be serious. 90% of the Republican Party ISN'T white and the majority of those AREN'T Christian? Learn to use a search engine. What's the matter with you?

As I have pointed out to you more than once, Democrats are more likely than Republicans to believe that Jesus will return by 2050. Yet you sit there and insist that Republicans are Christians and Democrats are not. Learn to accept the truth for once in your life.

Because “Race doesn’t matter” is a “flat out lie. It's all about race. Believe it. And what has he done? He’s brought the country back from the brink. And for Republicans to admit that is to admit their 8 years were 8 years of “failure” and “ruin” – not gonna happen.

Who was the first racist to mention race in this thread? In fact, who was the first racist to mention Obama? Before you spouted your racists drivel this was a thread about Republicans being less then honest Christians, and you managed to make it even more stupid.

That doesn’t even make sense. Besides, Republicans push people like Sharon Engle (it’s not my job as senator to help bring jobs to the state) or Carly Fiorina (moved 18,000 jobs to China) imagine what she could accomplish as an elected official?

Carly Fiorina: A Record Of Failure | Political Correction

Can they do any worse than the people currently in charge? The ones who promised unemployment would not go above 8% if we just passed the stimulus?

How are people going to find jobs when Republicans spent eight years helping them move those jobs overseas in the search for “cheap labor”? Those workers doing Carly’s jobs just had a strike. Management agreed to DOUBLE their salaries to $293 dollars a MONTH. The place is a sweatshop with at least 10 suicides in the last few months. Republicans don’t see a problem.

Jobs have been moving oversees for decades, why is it only a problem for you if the Republicans are in charge? Is it because they do not meet your racist standards?

Who said that? Can you guys be any more ignorant of your leaders? I’ve posted this so many times, YOU find out. Do a search on, “Lt. Gov. Compares Helping Poor to Feeding Stray Animals”. Where was the Republican outrage? Save the babies but starve the children? It was about school lunches.

What about the Democrats who say the same thing?

Accidents aren’t crimes? Then why is drunk driving? It’s an accident.

No, driving drunk is a crime, during which people often have accidents. Do you have a problem with the concept that they, even though they were drunk, chose to get behind the wheel of a car, and are thus responsible for their actions?

I get so sick about the Republicans defending the super rich. What about defending the middle class. The super rich have so much money they buy politicians to pass laws so they can legally scam the American people. How can Republicans be so against government and then support people who use the government in the very worst way?
Look at insurance companies. How many policies does it take to pay a single 70 million-dollar salary? How many policies buy gold plated dinnerware and plates for a boardroom? How many have to die from being denied care so one CEO can have 5 mansions? Republicans are sick and stupid to SUPPORT this monstrosity.

Your favorite black man defends the super rich just as much as any Republican, why do you think they give him so much money? Who was it again that went to court to force the environmentalists to let BP drill in the Gulf again?

Rebuilding America over foreign countries should have been the other way around. Republicans are more than willing to spend hundreds of billions in Iraq because they can make a profit, but not rebuild one of the 70,000 bridges that are unsafe in this country. Look at the recent dam break. They left New Orleans totally fucked up. And they want the middle class to pay for what BP did. Terrible.

Yep, we should let all the poor people in the rest of the world starve and die because they do not live in America. And you are trying to claim the Republicans don't care about the little people.

I’m not a racist. Republicans are fools and lemmings and too stupid to know it. When you point out the things their leaders say, they are always so surprised. How ignorant can you be? And for those that say "Democrats have the votes", go soak your head. I have one word, "Filibuster".

You are a racist, and a fool, and who knows what else. You are completely pathetic.

Why is it that the liberals (Democrats) are always telling the world that the Conservatives (Republicans) don't live by Christian principles, and at the same time tell us that "This is not a Christian nation" and never has been and never will be"?

They quote the Bible to try to tell us that we are wrong, yet they violate every principle in it.

Why is it that the liberals (Democrats) are always telling the world that the Conservatives (Republicans) don't live by Christian principles, and at the same time tell us that "This is not a Christian nation" and never has been and never will be"?

They quote the Bible to try to tell us that we are wrong, yet they violate every principle in it.

It good being nutreal, labels are so demoralizing.

]Why is it that the liberals (Democrats) are always telling the world that the Conservatives (Republicans) don't live by Christian principles[/B], and at the same time tell us that "This is not a Christian nation" and never has been and never will be"?

What liberals say that?

The US Constitution is a secular document. No God in it. The Constitution is the legal foundation of our nation.

Er..."Republican" is a political party.
"Christianity" is a religion.
Many are one but not the other. There is no requirement that requires Republicans to be Christian.

And as for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're talking about. Republicans donate to charities and spend more on them PERSONALLY than Democrats.

But how many charities use up more than is given out?

Charity Navigator - 10 Charities Overpaying their For-Profit Fundraisers

Which has exactly two things to do with your bullshit, "Oh, look, I found someone on the Web who says so" thread topic: Jack and shit. And Jack just left town.

It's bad enough you actually expect people to comment seriously on your concept of "I'm going to tell other people how to practice a faith I don't share based on my personal opinion founded on a blog", but THEN you can't even stick to your own chosen topic long enough for people to mock you mercilessly?

Hubris, ignorance, and ADD make a bad combination.

:)

The disconnect is sometimes pretty amazing huh. :)

Some federal programs have been successful. Food stamps, for instance, Headstart and WIC.

"In the late 1960s, medical studies revealed that American children were dying from diseases related to severe malnutrition. Food Stamps were made available nationwide, and in 1979, doctors found that severe malnutrition had become rare, a result they attributed to Food Stamps."

Obama Administration Report Shows Head Start Ineffective | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

This is what some of my educator friends have been telling me too. They say that kids from two parent families and who don't have Head Start are eons ahead of the Head Start kids when they start First Grade. It seems that having a mom and dad are far more important to getting a good start than an artificial government program.

That also statistically is true of straight and gay kids alike. Those from two parent families are more likely to stay in school and graduate, more likely to get higher education, are less likely to do much alcohol and other drugs, are less likely to get involved with gangs or get in trouble in the law, are much less likely to live in poverty.

Looks to me like in order to promote the general welfare, the Federal government should be looking for more ways to encourage marriage and people staying together for the kids instead of one-size-fits-all government programs, many if not most that are producing dubious results.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE NUMBNUTS: I am not saying that single parents don't ever do a good job or that there are no exceptions to the above.

Last edited:
The best way to help people is to reward them for productive behavior.

Period.

So you just leave the handicapped and people with problem to die? Starve to death? You just walk by the homeless and pretend their not there? Tell us, O smart one, what do you do to the people at the bottom of your republican money pile?

Aside from the fact that Allie said "the BEST way" rather than "the ONLY way", are YOU saying that the handicapped are unable to be productive? How incredibly bigoted and condescending of you.

As for "walking by the homeless", they would be a primary example of Allie's statement that "the best way to help people is to reward them for being productive". Are you really helping the homeless if you are enabling and encouraging them to remain as they are, rather than encouraging them to become productive?

Finally, Allie already told you what to do with the people at "the bottom of the money pile": reward them for productive behavior.

Not really swift on the uptake, are you?

Ummm, Have you really looked at your list? The first one, I never heard of "Disabled Veterans Associations" However I do donate annually to the "Disabled American Veterans".

They are one of about a dozen organizations I regularly donate to. My guess is most of your list is some small unheard of organization.

Anyway, There are Christians in all partys. And not all Republicans are Christians. Just as all Christians are not Republican.

Disabled American Veterans Chief Executive : Arthur H. Wilson, National Adjutant and CEO
Compensation*: $288,412

Which still leaves the unanswered question of what the smuck that has to do with your bullshit thread topic.

"When I feed the poor they call me a saint; but when I ask why people are poor they call me a communist."

Dom Helder Camara, Archbishop of Recife, Brazil

Personally, I'd call him an idiot for that question. Rarely if ever is it difficult to identify the reasons people are poor.

Correlation does not equal causation.

I swear, I'm going to create a macro to say that, given how much I have to repeat it.

That's an unfair characterization. It just feeds the left/right division.

Then there are certain people on the left who need to stop claiming this. How is pointing out the lies they are saying our fault? Thtey are the ones lying.

I'm sick of the left/right label insanity. Let's talk about issues and stop calling names.

In case you didn't notice, Einstein, the topic of this thread is Froggy's delusion that REPUBLICANS don't wish to help poor people, and are therefore bad Christians and hypocrites, since obviously all Republicans claim to be Christians.

That would mean - duhhh - that the issue in this case IS "left/right insanity". My advice, if you wish to avoid such things, is to avoid threads based on it, rather than entering those threads and trying to make them be about what YOU want them to be about.

It good being nutreal, labels are so demoralizing.

Reading your posts and thinking you represent American education today is demoralizing.

For those who are convinced that Republicans or conservatives are really the stingy, uncaring, selfish people of the world, I recommend this book. It is highly instructive to blow apart that talking point from the left:

51C0qfvZXmL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

ABC commentary on the book:
Arthur Brooks, the author of "Who Really Cares," says that "when you look at the data, it turns out the conservatives give about 30 percent more." He adds, "And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money."

And he says the differences in giving goes beyond money, pointing out that conservatives are 18 percent more likely to donate blood. He says this difference is not about politics, but about the different way conservatives and liberals view government.

"You find that people who believe it's the government's job to make incomes more equal, are far less likely to give their money away,"​
Brooks says. In fact, people who disagree with the statement, "The government has a basic responsibility to take care of the people who can't take care of themselves," are 27 percent more likely to give to charity.
Who Gives and Who Doesn't? - ABC News

I'm not sure Jesus taught us to help people by giving more control to the government.

Nope. In fact Jesus was pretty consistent in praising people who practiced benevolence personally. I can't find any instances in which he suggested that it be funneled through the government.

One of our more thoughtful members notes that there is nothing in the Bible that prevents tax dollars from being used for benevolence. And that is true.

But there is plenty in the Bible suggesting that benevolence is a personal responsibility whether done one on one as in the case of the Good Samaritan or through the Church as we find in Acts, the Epistles, and elsewhere in the New Testament.

My argument for the Federal government to not be in the business of dispensing charity is because it is a kind of theft, it is poor stewardship, in many if not most case it produces dubious results, and it is corrupting to both those dispensing the charity and those receiving it.

And the Bible has much to say about the evils of corrupt government.

I'm not sure Jesus taught us to help people by giving more control to the government.

Nope. In fact Jesus was pretty consistent in praising people who practiced benevolence personally. I can't find any instances in which he suggested that it be funneled through the government.

I agree.

One of our more thoughtful members notes that there is nothing in the Bible that prevents tax dollars from being used for benevolence. And that is true.

And also that Jesus said that his followers shall "Render unto Caesar that which is his," which means we can't claim to be righteous by refusing to pay our taxes just because some tax dollars go towards war, abortion, Goldman Sachs, etc...

But there is plenty in the Bible suggesting that benevolence is a personal responsibility whether done one on one as in the case of the Good Samaritan or through the Church as we find in Acts, the Epistles, and elsewhere in the New Testament.

Exactly, and there is NO message in the Bible that allows us to outsource that responsibility to the government.

My argument for the Federal government to not be in the business of dispensing charity is because it is a kind of theft, it is poor stewardship, in many if not most case it produces dubious results, and it is corrupting to both those dispensing the charity and those receiving it.

Eh, I just call it inefficient.

And the Bible has much to say about the evils of corrupt government.

Yes, it certainly does. Evangelistic atheists had a whole lot to say about that when someone they didn't like was in charge. Not so much these days. :lol:

This is what some of my educator friends have been telling me too. They say that kids from two parent families and who don't have Head Start are eons ahead of the Head Start kids when they start First Grade. It seems that having a mom and dad are far more important to getting a good start than an artificial government program.

That also statistically is true of straight and gay kids alike. Those from two parent families are more likely to stay in school and graduate, more likely to get higher education, are less likely to do much alcohol and other drugs, are less likely to get involved with gangs or get in trouble in the law, are much less likely to live in poverty.

Looks to me like in order to promote the general welfare, the Federal government should be looking for more ways to encourage marriage and people staying together for the kids instead of one-size-fits-all government programs, many if not most that are producing dubious results.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE NUMBNUTS: I am not saying that single parents don't ever do a good job or that there are no exceptions to the above.

Looks like a strong argument for allowing gay marriage does it not?
note: not trying to steal the thread ;)
:offtopic:

Forum List

Back