Are Republicans "trying" to lose the 2016 presidential race?

Then you, kaz, are a misdefined small government conservative.

You are no more a libertarian than JoeB.

For example...

What you posted above. Explain how it is not small government conservative. Your affirmation is that your libertarian, your postings show you are not. You are confused.

I'm just trying to figure out what you think a libertarian is. So far, you make no sense at all. You look at vanilla libertarian views and say they aren't libertarian. So what do you think a libertarian is? Or, how am I not one? Either would answer the question.

For example...

What you posted above. Explain how it is not small government conservative. Your affirmation is that your libertarian, your postings show you are not. You are confused.

I'm just trying to figure out what you think a libertarian is. So far, you make no sense at all. You look at vanilla libertarian views and say they aren't libertarian. So what do you think a libertarian is? Or, how am I not one? Either would answer the question.

jake does not know what he is, what you are, or what anyone else is. just give him a few more posts and you will be an evil "reactionary" he loves that word even though he has no idea what it meant in the past or that it has no meaning today.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Redfish has no idea what is libertarianism but wants to be one.

OK, go research, because your own statements reflect you are nothing more than a small government conservative. If you are social Christian nationalist who wants to oppose your own cultural values on everyone else, then you are not a libertarian but only a right wing statist cultural progressive.

You are one confused kitty/doggy.

Libertarianism is a confused movement. I was registered as one at one point, but eventually found that it didn't really mean much.

Libertarianism has become the party of those who feel disenfranchised by the two-party system. As sympathetic as I am to that, the flimsy nature of the party's platform means that it tends to become the party dominated by the groups feeling the most disenfranchised at the moment. At the moment, the far right and Tea Party types are the most vocal component.

Despite this, third-party voting made up less than 2% of the presidential vote in 2012, which makes me wonder how serious these libertarians are, and if they are essentially Republicans in Libertarian clothing.

I don't really take the Libertarians very seriously as a voting voice, simply because voting numbers suggest the vast majority of them are not willing to put their money where their mouth is. As a ideological voice I have no direct beef, but why not just be a Republican and own it. I just wish my party would behave, on the whole, in a more inclusive manner.

Libertarianism is a confused movement. I was registered as one at one point, but eventually found that it didn't really mean much.

Libertarianism has become the party of those who feel disenfranchised by the two-party system. As sympathetic as I am to that, the flimsy nature of the party's platform means that it tends to become the party dominated by the groups feeling the most disenfranchised at the moment. At the moment, the far right and Tea Party types are the most vocal component.

Despite this, third-party voting made up less than 2% of the presidential vote in 2012, which makes me wonder how serious these libertarians are, and if they are essentially Republicans in Libertarian clothing.

I don't really take the Libertarians very seriously as a voting voice, simply because voting numbers suggest the vast majority of them are not willing to put their money where their mouth is. As a ideological voice I have no direct beef, but why not just be a Republican and own it. I just wish my party would behave, on the whole, in a more inclusive manner.

I agree with you're saying, but you're talking about "L"ibertarians. Meaning members of the actual party. Most of us use small "l" to indicate we believe in the ideology. The reason the Libertarian Party is confused because of the conflict between "libertarian," which is respect for the individual, versus "Party," which is a group concept where you give up your personal nuisances to support your common goals. They are saying they are fiercely individualistic members of a group working towards common ideals. Yeah, they are confused.

Most of us are not members of the party. The Libertarian Party is more libertarian than the two major parties, but they are more party than libertarian. They end up with all these litmus tests of things you have to believe or you're not one of them. The national ID, immigration, the middle east.

So anyway, I acknowledge your point, just don't miss the major portion of us. I do vote often for the party, but I do not belong nor consider myself a member. And I mock them for their litmus tests.

So, iow, katzndogz is confused as any and all libertarians and Libertarians. OK.

OK, go research, because your own statements reflect you are nothing more than a small government conservative. If you are social Christian nationalist who wants to oppose your own cultural values on everyone else, then you are not a libertarian but only a right wing statist cultural progressive.

I am a small govt conservative. I also believe that a society shoud set its own moral code based on majority beliefs. I do not think its the role of govt to dictate what is politically correct and attempt to control our thoughts and beliefs.

you are the statist, snake. you believe that govt can solve all problems by spending more money that it takes from the citizens.

jake does not know what he is, what you are, or what anyone else is. just give him a few more posts and you will be an evil "reactionary" he loves that word even though he has no idea what it meant in the past or that it has no meaning today.

:clap2:

I am a small govt conservative. I also believe that a society shoud set its own moral code based on majority beliefs. I do not think its the role of govt to dictate what is politically correct and attempt to control our thoughts and beliefs.

you are the statist, snake. you believe that govt can solve all problems by spending more money that it takes from the citizens.

How do you vote on moral beliefs?

If the majority of the population believes slavery is moral, then society should accept their beliefs?

If the majority of the population believes slavery is moral, then society should accept their beliefs?

thats kind of the way majority rules tends to work. whether it is a public vote, congressional vote or supreme court decision

thats kind of the way majority rules tends to work. whether it is a public vote, congressional vote or supreme court decision

That is one of the reasons we have a court system

To protect the rights of the minority

courts ruled, Zimmerman is innocent. So why are liberals calling for government to overrule the courts?

If you're a Democrat, you don't bat an eye to vote on moral beliefs.

However, libertarians believe that people should be free to do what they want, as long as they infringe on each other's rights. Obviously slavery infringes on other people's rights. I mean duh.

Liberalism is about the oppression of the majority, it has nothing to do with protecting anyone's "rights."

If you're a Democrat, you don't bat an eye to vote on moral beliefs.
However, libertarians believe that people should be free to do what they want, as long as they infringe on each other's rights. Obviously slavery infringes on other people's rights. I mean duh.

Example?

Redfish believes he is a "small govt conservative" who also believes that majority beliefs should govern society's moral codes."

Redfish's beliefs, in fact, are those of a right wing statist social Christian nationalist. He is posing as a "conservative" when he wants big government to tell us all how to live morally.

Kaz thinks he is a libertarian but can't define it.

Yurt and the other chuckles are the rest of the clowns in the car.

And reasonable people wander why our Republican party is so dysfunctional.

Forum List

Back