CDZ Are Some Cultures Better Than Others?

When will you define better?
"Better" meaning in comparison with other cultures. Islamic Arab culture, for example, is clearly inferior to Western Civilization. How many books are published in predominantly Islamic nations? Any idea about that?
Why do you think the number of books published defines what is better?
Simply an indicator of which culture is more open to new ideas and differing opinions.

again, if you're discounting those other cultures and ideas then you are not indicative of being open to new ideas and differing opinions... which is where we started this exercise....

and you are still missing the irony
The real irony is that some people evidently believe they have objective opinions.

actually, the point is that your judgment is subjective so your judgment that one culture (your own in your opinion...meaning white christian culture) is superior than others.

XXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you do that when western culture is derived from other cultures?
Is that a one way exchange? Obviously there's an interchange of cultures throughout history. Or does that conflict with the PC version? No doubt the PC world believes Western Civilization is merely the result of cultural appropriation.
It wasnt an exchange. Other cultures contributed to western culture and continue to do so to this day. Its PC to pretend thats not the case.
But western civilization only oppressed and exploited these other cultures.......isn't that how the narrative goes?
Are you going to deflect on your own thread?
Deflect from what? You haven't presented anything substantive to deflect from.
From your own OP. Now youre basically whining about who exploited who.

"Better" meaning in comparison with other cultures. Islamic Arab culture, for example, is clearly inferior to Western Civilization. How many books are published in predominantly Islamic nations? Any idea about that?
Simply an indicator of which culture is more open to new ideas and differing opinions.
Let me guess. You deemed this an indicator? I wonder what they did before books existed? I guess you dont see the logical fallacy in attempting to define a culture as better using a definition derived from your own culture?
No of course not....we wouldn't want to make comparisons based on evidence.
We would if someone had some evidence. Do you have any credible evidence instead of your opinion?

Do our western traditions of open discussion and acceptance of new and different ideas create the conditions for successful societies? Are the virtues and attributes of western culture inherently superior to others?

There's no such thing as "better" or "inherently superior". These are subjective.

One works within one's framework, regardless which framework it is.

again, if you're discounting those other cultures and ideas then you are not indicative of being open to new ideas and differing opinions... which is where we started this exercise....

The real irony is that some people evidently believe they have objective opinions.
I know. Then they start threads like this one. :laugh:

Do our western traditions of open discussion and acceptance of new and different ideas create the conditions for successful societies? Are the virtues and attributes of western culture inherently superior to others?

There's no such thing as "better" or "inherently superior". These are subjective.

but what if they have evidence like "everyone said so"?

Let me guess. You deemed this an indicator? I wonder what they did before books existed? I guess you dont see the logical fallacy in attempting to define a culture as better using a definition derived from your own culture?
We would if someone had some evidence. Do you have any credible evidence instead of your opinion?
As opposed to your own completely unbiased objective observations.

actually, the point is that your judgment is subjective so your judgment that one culture (your own in your opinion...meaning white christian culture) is superior than others.

which is laughable bigotry
Tell me all about the hallmarks of a free Islamic society. How would you define traditional Islamic openness to accepting foreign cultures?

I'm not the one claiming I had evidence. You are. If you have it lets see it. I will need non western culture sources.

No, you are wrong. Not everything is a relative equivalency all the time.

I'm not the one claiming I had evidence. You are. If you have it lets see it. I will need non western culture sources.
Really? Why is that? Sounds like a racist presumption on your part. And of course if we have to use non western sources that leaves very little of any kind of literature to refer to at all.

Tell me all about the hallmarks of a free Islamic society. How would you define traditional Islamic openness to accepting foreign cultures?
I thought you said everyone thinks western culture is superior? You do realize people that practice Islam are part of everybody dont you?

I thought you said everyone thinks western culture is superior? You do realize people that practice Islam are part of everybody dont you?
Tonto diction bad. You talk Kemosabe, him teach.

Really? Why is that? Sounds like a racist presumption on your part. And of course if we have to use non western sources that leaves very little of any kind of literature to refer to at all.
The reason we need to see some non western sources is due to your logical fallacy. You cant say something is better just because you think its better and expect to be taken seriously. So lets see it.

I have you running on your own thread. You dont have to resort to nonsensical posts when faced with your faulty logic.

I have you running on your own thread. You dont have to resort to nonsensical posts when faced with your faulty logic.
OK professor, let's have some examples of the kind of eminent scholars you deem acceptable from a politically correct racist viewpoint.

OK professor, let's have some examples of the kind of eminent scholars you deem acceptable from a politically correct racist viewpoint.
Youre being subjective again. You claimed evidence. I want to see it. I will let you know if i deem them acceptable.

Forum List

Back