Are the Repubs finally on offense?

...but as you well know diplomacy is entirely the responsibility of the executive branch...
Unless the rest of the country does not agree with how the President is handling the situation, and if the Congress perceives the President to be acting in a fashion detrimental to the interests of the Republic and its People, in which case... there are ways, and there are ways.

If nothing else, Boehner's latest maneuver reassures a long-standing and, trusted and valued friend and ally, that the present Administration's lackluster dealings with Israel, and its timidity in dealing with Iran, are not representative of the American People, nor does the Administration have the confidence of the Congress in this regard. It also sends the message to that friend and ally, that all will eventually be well, once the present Administration has expired, and that the legislative branch of our nation's government has Israel's back in the meantime, while awaiting January 20, 2017.

He can't deliver a pizza for legislation, but he can ask one of the most loathed leaders in the world to address his House. He's doing .... GREAT.

And I don't like Obamacare and would like to see both long term reform of entitlements and eliminating as many special interest tax breaks as politically possible

Aggressive move by Bohner...hopefully it was purposely in the MinC's face. Get someone in here who knows what's going on the the Middle East. I don't think Bibi will opine that AQ is on the run, that the crisis has passed, or that unspecified "violent extremism" is the way to describe what we face.

Boehner White House Clash Over Netanyahu Invite - NationalJournal.com
Republicans don't even know the difference between Shiite and Sunni. They don't even know who to support. They think they can just rush in anywhere and bully people. Well, it won't work here and if it doesn't work here, it won't work there.

The Kelly File is saying there are now sufficient votes to override any veto by obama concerning iran sanctions....breaking news...breaking Obamas balls........finally,,!
Fox says a lot of crazy shit. Let's wait and see what happens.

bohner should be prosecuted under ;
The Logan Act (18 U.S.C.A. § 953 [1948]) is a single federal statute making it a crime for a citizen to confer with foreign governments against the interests of the United States. Specifically, it prohibits citizens from negotiating with other nations on behalf of the United States without authorization.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

bohner is a traitor.

Aggressive move by Bohner...hopefully it was purposely in the MinC's face. Get someone in here who knows what's going on the the Middle East. I don't think Bibi will opine that AQ is on the run, that the crisis has passed, or that unspecified "violent extremism" is the way to describe what we face.

Never get in the way of your enemy when he's defeating himself. If anything else shows Boehner can't get the votes to move any of the gop senate initiatives, this would be it.

You beat me to it Del. This is the most positive development since the repubs came into office. Sweep the pretender aside, protect our country, and don't let Obama make a deal that is bad for country and world. Obama loves to dish it out but he sure can't take it. Thanks for thread.
Exactly how is making sure Iran does not get the bomb without having to annihilate them a bad thing? No glorious bombing campaign and thousands of dead Iranians?

Not at all, it is quite within Congress' purview to invite foreign heads of state speak to Congress.
Pretty low-down of Boehner. Guess he does not like Obama trying to take away their designated targets for future profiteering wars.

Not at all, it is quite within Congress' purview to invite foreign heads of state speak to Congress.

Pretty low-down of Boehner. Guess he does not like Obama trying to take away their designated targets for future profiteering wars.
Low down? Each House sets its own rules. Each House can invite whomever they want.
Do you dispute this?
I suppose they can but as you well know diplomacy is entirely the responsibility of the executive branch, or maybe you do not know that.

Wrong!

Republicans aren't on the offensive. They had 5 different responses to the SOTU. They're too all over the place to be united to go on the offensive.

Iraq & Syria are the most dangerous places in the world right now. And North Korea is unhinged in a way that Iran isn't.

Of course Republicans think Iran is the greatest threat in the world now because they're shirtless friend from Russia has been brought to his knees by the Obama administration so the GOP is having to shift its sights elsewhere.

A Keystone fast-track to nowhere, an anti-abortion bill to nowhere and holding hands with a very unpopular Israeli PM show that Republicans are doing nothing but stepping on one rake after another.

You beat me to it Del. This is the most positive development since the repubs came into office. Sweep the pretender aside, protect our country, and don't let Obama make a deal that is bad for country and world. Obama loves to dish it out but he sure can't take it. Thanks for thread.
Exactly how is making sure Iran does not get the bomb without having to annihilate them a bad thing? No glorious bombing campaign and thousands of dead Iranians?

I guess you missed the most recent administration statements that they are just trying to delay, not eliminate that possibility.

You presume the MinC has a strategy and a determination and an inspection process heretofore unachievable with any nation I can think of. Can you think of one?
It's almost like you want to destroy, invade and occupy another middle eastern country. How many American lives do you want to spend because you think talking to Iran is cowardice?

Iran violated the interim deal, what exactly do you think will make them follow a long term deal?

The Logan Act (18 U.S.C.A. § 953 [1948]) is a single federal statute making it a crime for a citizen to confer with foreign governments against the interests of the United States. Specifically, it prohibits citizens from negotiating with other nations on behalf of the United States without authorization.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

bohner is a traitor.

I guess you have no clue what a joint session of congress is, carry on. LMAO

Looks like Obama isn't the only one who has a pen and a phone.

Seems you have no idea what the Logan Act states.
Stay right were you are, stuck in mud

bohner is a traitor.

bohner is a traitor.

I've read it, only an idiot would think it applies.

The idiot is someone such as you that cannot comprehend the understanding.

bush-scratching-head.jpg

bohner is a traitor.

I've read it, only an idiot would think it applies.

Forum List

Back