Zone1 Are There Prophets Around Today?

No it doesn't. Are you talking about Emmanuel? That was Hezekiah.. he was a king.
Revelation 19
15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

Okay.

But the primitive, ignorant, superstitious authors definitely wrote the myths as literal history. Because they didn't understand that zombies are impossible and arks that hold 2 of every animal are impossible and that worldwide floods don't happen and that the earth is 4.5 billion years old.

They borrowed stories from the cultures around them. Storytelling was a pastime and entertaining.. They were morality tales. Aesop's fables were written by a Greek slave around the same time.

Revelation 19
15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

That's Jesus not Hezekiah..and it's revelation not Isaiah.

Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations
"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15 (New English Bible, Oxford study edition)

:wine:

Apparently it still works like a charm!

"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword"

Last edited:
"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

:wine:

Apparently it still works like a charm!
Book, chapter and verse. If you're gonna pretend you're a Bible scholar, you better play by the rules.

I am not telling you what to believe or what to ignore. You are confused.
Nope. I'm fine. You better have more than this or you're going to be ignored. Jesus is King of Kings according to Scripture. Move along now.

They borrowed stories from the cultures around them. Storytelling was a pastime and entertaining.. They were morality tales. Aesop's fables were written by a Greek slave around the same time.
So you equate Scripture to fables and stories?

As you well know many subjects written about in scripture are only alluded to, not necessarily directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used.

on the appointment of presbyters.
When these men have undergone, with blamelessness of conduct, a two year preparation in the fundamentals of the community, they shall be segregated as especially sacred among the formal members of the community. Any knowledge which the expositor of the law may posses but which may have to remain arcane to the ordinary layman, he shall not keep hidden from them; for in their case there need be no fear that it might induce apostasy.

Of religious discussion.

No one is to engage in discussion or disputation with men of ill repute; and in the company of froward men everyone is to abstain from talk about (keep hidden) the meaning of the Law

Dead Sea scrolls, manual of discipline

Here it's clear that there is hidden teaching in the law that was withheld from the ordinary layman thousands of years ago.

This is why Jesus said, "No one lights a candle and then hides it under a bushel, they put it on a lamp stand so everyone in the room can see.", since the law was intended to be a light to the nations, a light for the entire world.

How many Hebrew prophets eager to preach in public
and hold candles over their generation's mistakes?

G-d's presence doesn't rest around pride.
A prophet may not even know what is
actually coming from their mouth
in a regular conversation,
they also wait to know
how it turns out.

Last edited:
So you equate Scripture to fables and stories?

Much of it. There's also laws and poetry, but the epics like the story of Noah's ark and Exodus are didactic literature. Joshua never killed all the Canaanites.

They are teaching narratives or foundation myths answering where do we come from.

But, you believe whatever you choose.

How many Hebrew prophets eager to preach in public
and hold candles over their generation's mistakes?

G-d's presence doesn't rest around pride.
A prophet may not even know when
what is actually coming from the
mouth in a regular conversation

You're back to voodoo. Prophets were inspired teachers not oracles. The Bible is pretty clear about rejecting pagan oracles.

Much of it. There's also laws and poetry, but the epics like the story of Noah's ark and Exodus are didactic literature. Joshua never killed all the Canaanites.

They are teaching narratives or foundation myths answering where do we come from.

But, you believe whatever you choose.
Then you're wasting my time.

Forum List

Back