Are Trump supporters basically okay with letting Wall Street do whatever it wants?

This thread was triggered by someone parroting one of the most pathetic, limp wristed, idiotic politicians in world history, Crazy Bernie.

Neither...we are patriots looking out FOR ALL AMERICANS.
So just to be clear, you think Wall Street execs need to be looked out for?
Billy, stop obsessing with those more successful than you. President Trump is looking out for all Americans.
I'm not. I'm fine with the existence Wall Street. They just shouldn't be able to do whatever the fuck they want. I know you cons struggle with nuance but try to keep up.
So what kind of mechanisms shall we put in place to ensure that MNCs don't do whatever they want?

You people are either dumb or hypocrites. Which is it?
Are you volunteering your experience in formulating Economic Policy?
Who would you have appointed?
I think he is talking about the deregulation that Trump signed off on, not the people he put in charge... although, his selections did pretty much forecast the actions
Dodd-Frank was a joke.
You make a brilliant point. Well done!
Read it and you'll find 2 clauses that render all the other clauses null and void.
I haven't read it in a long time but I knew back then it wall yet another MNC joke on America.
So if there are two clauses that render it null and void then why not amend those? and how does Trumps solution of deregulating help things?

Billy000...where've you been the last eight years? In a cave? Under a rock? Davy Jones locker at the bottom of the ocean?
You mean the non stop job growth since mid 2009? How about the record-setting Dow? Or perhaps you mean the growing consumer confidence? Hmm. Maybe you're referring to the growth in wages? How about the dramatically reduced deficit?
I probably asked you before about this JOB growth issue.
Are you one of those millions of lucky bastards making $9.00/hour?
No, but I bet it many would have saw a wage increase had republicans allowed the federal minimum wage to increase to 10.10 per hour.

Billy000...where've you been the last eight years? In a cave? Under a rock? Davy Jones locker at the bottom of the ocean?
You mean the non stop job growth since mid 2009? How about the record-setting Dow? Or perhaps you mean the growing consumer confidence? Hmm. Maybe you're referring to the growth in wages? How about the dramatically reduced deficit?

The Dow is Wall St Billy.

But it only becomes a problem for you when a Republican is president.

Warren blasts Obama over Wall St.
lol yeah and that was despite the fact Dodd Frank was in place.

I think he is talking about the deregulation that Trump signed off on, not the people he put in charge... although, his selections did pretty much forecast the actions
Dodd-Frank was a joke.
You make a brilliant point. Well done!
Read it and you'll find 2 clauses that render all the other clauses null and void.
I haven't read it in a long time but I knew back then it wall yet another MNC joke on America.
So if there are two clauses that render it null and void then why not amend those? and how does Trumps solution of deregulating help things?
I agree and so do many others but I also want to see how Trump will regulate anything.
For instance, Sarbanes-Oxley has NEVER been invoked against any Directors.
I will NOT be happy if Trump let's MNCs have their way.

I probably asked you before about this JOB growth issue.
Are you one of those millions of lucky bastards making $9.00/hour?
No, but I bet it many would have saw a wage increase had republicans allowed the federal minimum wage to increase to 10.10 per hour.
MW is a Band-Aid for an artificially over-populated country.
Eliminate Off-Shoring, trespassers and Business Visas and watch wages rise.

So, where ya been the last eight years?

Where are all your Wall St threads from when Obama was president?

Even liberal hero Liz Warren blasted Obama over Wall St.

Where were you?

Profanity20620-20Copy_zpscga9jhqp.jpg

Where were you?
Obama didn't go far enough. Dodd Frank was still a solid start.

Where were you?
Also since the Dow was already great under Obama, why did Trump get rid of Dodd Frank? You cant answer that question and you know it.

I'm not a trump supporter [at least not in the sense that he is my kind of candidate] I only support it if the choice is between "doing whatever the wall street crowd wants" and doing whatever the PC crowd wants..in fact it is no contest, want to get me to answer no to your question, just start calling for the heads of the PC advocates, until then I am OK with the wall street crowd because I believe they will do what you won't... so you do it or I will support someone who will...hope that clears it up for you

Also since the Dow was already great under Obama, why did Trump get rid of Dodd Frank? You cant answer that question and you know it.

As usual, you are misinformed...Trump didn't "get rid of" Dodd Frank.

Since you have no earthly idea WTF you are talking about...and only bring it up because some liberal website spoonfed it to you to regurgitated...AND it wasn't even on your radar for the last eight years when OBAMA was letting Wall St run rampant...can we end this stupid thread now?

/thread

Do you have any clue as to how many former Goldman Sachs employees were in the administration of petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama? Yeah, I didn't think so!

December 4, 2012

List of Goldman Sachs employees in the White House
What follows is a list of Goldman Sachs employees and paid agents who have moved over to positions in the Barack Obama White House. The second list below includes many additional Goldman Sachs employees who were hired by the Bush administration and were hold-overs into President Obama’s first term. The third and final list reflects the Goldman Sachs individuals who have moved on to positions at other global or foreign governments and institutions.

[...]

Do you have any clue as to how many former Goldman Sachs employees were in the administration of petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama? Yeah, I didn't think so!

December 4, 2012

What follows is a list of Goldman Sachs employees and paid agents who have moved over to positions in the Barack Obama White House. The second list below includes many additional Goldman Sachs employees who were hired by the Bush administration and were hold-overs into President Obama’s first term. The third and final list reflects the Goldman Sachs individuals who have moved on to positions at other global or foreign governments and institutions.

[...]

lol ok and so? Dodd Frank still passed anyway. What is your point?

As usual, you are misinformed...Trump didn't "get rid of" Dodd Frank.

Since you have no earthly idea WTF you are talking about...and only bring it up because some liberal website spoonfed it to you to regurgitated...AND it wasn't even on your radar for the last eight years when OBAMA was letting Wall St run rampant...can we end this stupid thread now?

/thread
True he didn't actually get rid of it, but his EO tried.

Dodd-Frank was a joke.

But not a funny joke. Chris Dodd and Barney Frank were a major part of the housing/mortgage/ financial meltdown. Then, petulant former President Barack Hussein Obama appointed them to solve the problem. Funny how Fannie Mae is not mentioned ANYWHERE in the legislation.

Forum List

Back