Are voter ID laws inherently racist? Let's ask!

ALL voter ID laws provide for easily-obtainable state ID cards, for those who lack a driver's license or other identifying documents. All of them also permit a wide variety of documents as acceptable alternatives to a driver's license.

The reason why Voter ID laws are "controversial" is because Leftists have chosen to call them racist and discriminatory. Once the slanders start, any data produced becomes irrelevant.

If I were emperor, only a U.S passport would be acceptable voter ID, and elections would be held between noon and 4pm on a Sunday. Period. Only those voting in that period or standing in line at the end of it can vote.
Why don’t we make sure that 98 percent of the people have an acceptable ID before we make it a requirement to vote?

one days seemed to be enough for the last 235 yrs,,,

Many states have added days, out of necessity.

235 years ago less than 50,000 people voted, today we have 120 million doing so.

which states are those???

with early voting its not been a problem here in missouri, I've never taken more the 30 minutes and I'm in a high pop area

35 states have no excuse early voting (meaning they added days).

Missouri is not one of them.
here we call it absentee voting not early voting,,,

Everywhere has absentee voting, otherwise military members would get screwed.

There is no good reason to limit voting to one single day.

hasnt been a problem so far,,,

of course if it becomes a problem in an area let them deal with it there,,,

Times change. That way of thinking doesn't leave a lot of room for growth.
doesnt mean I'm wrong,,,unless you have something to show it isnt,,,

You're not wrong. That doesn't mean we shouldn't change anyway.

you should have a good reason to change and none has been given

Because we went from less than 50,000 people voting 235 years ago to more than 120 million voting today. What worked for 50,000 people does not do so for 120 million.

There is not one valid reason to limit it to one day

ALL voter ID laws provide for easily-obtainable state ID cards, for those who lack a driver's license or other identifying documents. All of them also permit a wide variety of documents as acceptable alternatives to a driver's license.

The reason why Voter ID laws are "controversial" is because Leftists have chosen to call them racist and discriminatory. Once the slanders start, any data produced becomes irrelevant.

If I were emperor, only a U.S passport would be acceptable voter ID, and elections would be held between noon and 4pm on a Sunday. Period. Only those voting in that period or standing in line at the end of it can vote.
Why don’t we make sure that 98 percent of the people have an acceptable ID before we make it a requirement to vote?

it takes less than an hour to get one and you must register months in advance to vote,,,so wheres the problem???

You can't vote without a voters registration card. Everyone with a voters registration card has already provided the proper ID to get one.

I have never had to have my voter registration card ever to vote :dunno:

Some places don't ask. That doesn't mean it is not required. You still have to be on the rolls they look up when you go vote. Despite investigation after investigation there has never been any fraud uncovered outside of a very small number and those people have been prosecuted.

My state just requires photo ID or else you are off into provisional ballot land.

You have to be on the voting rolls or yes, you get a provisional. Provisional votes aren't even counted unless they are needed. If the election is that close the rolls are cross checked for errors. If they find none, your vote doesn't count.

Again you are wrong. Not every state works like yours does. My state does provisional ballots if you do not have ID. There is no same day registration. If you are not on the rolls, you don't vote period.

Which seems you are saying your system is pretty secure. IMO a person should be able to still provide a provisional in cases of errors. But as I noted, they are not counted unless necessary and they are investigated first.

Pretty secure either way. What's the complaint?

Many states have added days, out of necessity.

235 years ago less than 50,000 people voted, today we have 120 million doing so.

with early voting its not been a problem here in missouri, I've never taken more the 30 minutes and I'm in a high pop area

It has been a problem, that is why 35 states have added voting days prior to the official Election Day.

Because we went from less than 50,000 people voting 235 years ago to more than 120 million voting today. What worked for 50,000 people does not do so for 120 million.

where exactly has it been a problem???

I live in one of the highest pop areas in missouri and we have not had any [problems

It has been a problem, that is why 35 states have added voting days prior to the official Election Day.
OK problem solved,,,

I live in one of the highest pop areas in missouri and we have not had any [problems

Both St Louis and Kansas City had long lines where people had to wait an hour to vote. There is no need for this.

Reports Of Long Lines, Broken Voting Machines In St. Louis

Both St Louis and Kansas City had long lines where people had to wait an hour to vote. There is no need for this.

god forbid someone wait an hour to vote,,,
I live in inner city KC and have yet to take longer than 30-45 mins over the last 35 yrs

I live in inner city KC and have yet to take longer than 30-45 mins over the last 35 yrs

I work 12 hour shifts. 7-7. Polls are open from 6:30 to 7:30. Yes, waiting an hour would be an issue.

the problem is easier to fix with more booths and locations to vote, that way you can focus on the problem areas and no need for a constitutional amendment

More days to vote would increase voter turnout.

Why should anyone have to wait that long when there is no valid reason to limit voting to a single day.

The only reason given is “because we always did it that way”. That is a dumb reason not to change

I work 12 hour shifts. 7-7. Polls are open from 6:30 to 7:30. Yes, waiting an hour would be an issue.

what state are you in??

More days to vote would increase voter turnout.

Which is the last thing the Repubs want

Why should anyone have to wait that long when there is no valid reason to limit voting to a single day.

The only reason given is “because we always did it that way”. That is a dumb reason not to change

easier to focus on the problem areas than do a constitutional amendment

what state are you in??

WV

Forum List

Back