Are voter ID laws inherently racist? Let's ask!

Times change. That way of thinking doesn't leave a lot of room for growth.
doesnt mean I'm wrong,,,unless you have something to show it isnt,,,

You're not wrong. That doesn't mean we shouldn't change anyway.

you should have a good reason to change and none has been given

More days to vote would increase voter turnout.

Which is the last thing the Repubs want

only because dems believe in voting many times

Because we went from less than 50,000 people voting 235 years ago to more than 120 million voting today. What worked for 50,000 people does not do so for 120 million.

There is not one valid reason to limit it to one day

where exactly has it been a problem???

I live in one of the highest pop areas in missouri and we have not had any [problems

Both St Louis and Kansas City had long lines where people had to wait an hour to vote. There is no need for this.

god forbid someone wait an hour to vote,,,
I live in inner city KC and have yet to take longer than 30-45 mins over the last 35 yrs

Why should anyone have to wait that long when there is no valid reason to limit voting to a single day.

The only reason given is “because we always did it that way”. That is a dumb reason not to change

easier to focus on the problem areas than do a constitutional amendment

No need for an Amendment. The Constitution gives Congress the power to pick when the election is held

I live in one of the highest pop areas in missouri and we have not had any [problems

Both St Louis and Kansas City had long lines where people had to wait an hour to vote. There is no need for this.

I live in inner city KC and have yet to take longer than 30-45 mins over the last 35 yrs

I work 12 hour shifts. 7-7. Polls are open from 6:30 to 7:30. Yes, waiting an hour would be an issue.

what state are you in??

WV

you should check your state laws and you will see you are complaining for no reason and the problem has already been solved

I work 12 hour shifts. 7-7. Polls are open from 6:30 to 7:30. Yes, waiting an hour would be an issue.

what state are you in??

WV

you should check your state laws and you will see you are complaining for no reason and the problem has already been solved

Nobody is complaining. This was all started by the guy that wants to limit voting to one four hour block.

what state are you in??

WV

It has, we have expanded the days you can vote. That is the argument others are arguing against.

doesnt mean I'm wrong,,,unless you have something to show it isnt,,,

You're not wrong. That doesn't mean we shouldn't change anyway.

More days to vote would increase voter turnout.

Which is the last thing the Repubs want

only because dems believe in voting many times
Show an example where that happens

I have never had to have my voter registration card ever to vote :dunno:

Some places don't ask. That doesn't mean it is not required. You still have to be on the rolls they look up when you go vote. Despite investigation after investigation there has never been any fraud uncovered outside of a very small number and those people have been prosecuted.

youre either an ignorant fool or a liar,,,there are no other choices

Please prove me wrong with something other than a conspiracy website. Otherwise, just return to name calling as a rebuttal. It seems common.

I cannot prove that which is not required so how about your prove your allegation that it is required. You can use my state Virginia to narrow down the work....

I can not prove fraud when there has been none that hasn't been prosecuted.

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — A special prosecutor in Virginia said Monday that he’s presented two indictments of election fraud against someone who worked on a failed re-election campaign for a Republican congressman last year.

Prosecutor: Proof of election fraud in US House race in Va. | WTOP

It's not that hard to uncover.

I took it as you were asking me to prove that a voter registration card is not required and I was asking you to prove it was in my state. Your link has nothing to do with that, though I know several people were prosecuted in my area. Never saw an article about it in the local paper which is not unusual as our local Buffet-owned cheapskate paper decided for awhile it could get by with obituaries and wire stories instead of having reporters. I just saw it in the arrest reports. I was told it was mostly felons who had voted who were being arrested but never saw the outcomes reported either.

Because we went from less than 50,000 people voting 235 years ago to more than 120 million voting today. What worked for 50,000 people does not do so for 120 million.

Why should anyone have to wait that long when there is no valid reason to limit voting to a single day.

The only reason given is “because we always did it that way”. That is a dumb reason not to change

yours is not a good reason to change,,,

I have never had to have my voter registration card ever to vote :dunno:

Some places don't ask. That doesn't mean it is not required. You still have to be on the rolls they look up when you go vote. Despite investigation after investigation there has never been any fraud uncovered outside of a very small number and those people have been prosecuted.

My state just requires photo ID or else you are off into provisional ballot land.

You have to be on the voting rolls or yes, you get a provisional. Provisional votes aren't even counted unless they are needed. If the election is that close the rolls are cross checked for errors. If they find none, your vote doesn't count.

Again you are wrong. Not every state works like yours does. My state does provisional ballots if you do not have ID. There is no same day registration. If you are not on the rolls, you don't vote period.

Which seems you are saying your system is pretty secure. IMO a person should be able to still provide a provisional in cases of errors. But as I noted, they are not counted unless necessary and they are investigated first.

Pretty secure either way. What's the complaint?

I am not complaining other than that you seem to think everywhere does it like your area does it. I support voter ID laws. If for no other reason, it is because they encourage people to get ID's that are essential to normal life.

what state are you in??

WV

Nobody is complaining. This was all started by the guy that wants to limit voting to one four hour block.

well hes a dumbass,,,

My state just requires photo ID or else you are off into provisional ballot land.

You have to be on the voting rolls or yes, you get a provisional. Provisional votes aren't even counted unless they are needed. If the election is that close the rolls are cross checked for errors. If they find none, your vote doesn't count.

Again you are wrong. Not every state works like yours does. My state does provisional ballots if you do not have ID. There is no same day registration. If you are not on the rolls, you don't vote period.

Which seems you are saying your system is pretty secure. IMO a person should be able to still provide a provisional in cases of errors. But as I noted, they are not counted unless necessary and they are investigated first.

I am not complaining other than that you seem to think everywhere does it like your area does it. I support voter ID laws. If for no other reason, it is because they encourage people to get ID's that are essential to normal life.

thats why I said focus on the problem areas by getting more locations and booths,,,Missouri is a big state and there are only a few problem spots,,,why fuck with everybody when you dont need to

and you were complaining that you worked 12 hr shift and couldnt get there to vote,,,that is not true

Actually, yes it is. Municipalities do not have the infrastructure to accommodate that many people in a short time frame.

We should do all we can to encourage voting, not make it harder for no valid reason at all

thats why I said focus on the problem areas by getting more locations and booths,,,Missouri is a big state and there are only a few problem spots,,,why fuck with everybody when you dont need to

How does adding days to vote “fuck with” anyone? How does that cause you harm?

and you were complaining that you worked 12 hr shift and couldnt get there to vote,,,that is not true

I said working 12 hour shifts, waiting in line for an hour would indeed be a problem.

Actually, yes it is. Municipalities do not have the infrastructure to accommodate that many people in a short time frame.

We should do all we can to encourage voting, not make it harder for no valid reason at all

I will make an offer,,,you can have more days but anyone on the government tit isnt allowed to vote,,, we dont want people voting for their own financial gain that requires theft of another persons property

It is easier to fake an ID card than it is a signature

I said working 12 hour shifts, waiting in line for an hour would indeed be a problem.
god forbid you take an hour every 4 yrs for your country,,,

I will make an offer,,,you can have more days but anyone on the government tit isnt allowed to vote,,, we dont want people voting for their own financial gain that requires theft of another persons property

Everyone is reliant on the government. We are waiting for the Fed to lower interest rates today so that people can get their 401K's to continue growing.

How does adding days to vote “fuck with” anyone? How does that cause you harm?

the problem exist in less than 5% of the state and you want the whole state to change ,,,so you are fucking with 95% of us for no reason

Forum List

Back