Are voter ID laws inherently racist? Let's ask!

god forbid someone wait an hour to vote,,,
I live in inner city KC and have yet to take longer than 30-45 mins over the last 35 yrs

Why should anyone have to wait that long when there is no valid reason to limit voting to a single day.

The only reason given is “because we always did it that way”. That is a dumb reason not to change

yours is not a good reason to change,,,

Actually, yes it is. Municipalities do not have the infrastructure to accommodate that many people in a short time frame.

We should do all we can to encourage voting, not make it harder for no valid reason at all

I will make an offer,,,you can have more days but anyone on the government tit isnt allowed to vote,,, we dont want people voting for their own financial gain that requires theft of another persons property

Everyone is reliant on the government. We are waiting for the Fed to lower interest rates today so that people can get their 401K's to continue growing.

can you say PONZI???

Again you are wrong. Not every state works like yours does. My state does provisional ballots if you do not have ID. There is no same day registration. If you are not on the rolls, you don't vote period.

Which seems you are saying your system is pretty secure. IMO a person should be able to still provide a provisional in cases of errors. But as I noted, they are not counted unless necessary and they are investigated first.

Pretty secure either way. What's the complaint?

I am not complaining other than that you seem to think everywhere does it like your area does it. I support voter ID laws. If for no other reason, it is because they encourage people to get ID's that are essential to normal life.

and you were complaining that you worked 12 hr shift and couldnt get there to vote,,,that is not true

I said working 12 hour shifts, waiting in line for an hour would indeed be a problem.
god forbid you take an hour every 4 yrs for your country,,,

As noted, we came up with a solution. People are happy with it. Early voting has gone over really well.

Both St Louis and Kansas City had long lines where people had to wait an hour to vote. There is no need for this.

I live in inner city KC and have yet to take longer than 30-45 mins over the last 35 yrs

Why should anyone have to wait that long when there is no valid reason to limit voting to a single day.

The only reason given is “because we always did it that way”. That is a dumb reason not to change

Actually, yes it is. Municipalities do not have the infrastructure to accommodate that many people in a short time frame.

We should do all we can to encourage voting, not make it harder for no valid reason at all

I will make an offer,,,you can have more days but anyone on the government tit isnt allowed to vote,,, we dont want people voting for their own financial gain that requires theft of another persons property

Seems it will be a tough sell to stop the military from voting.

Everyone is reliant on the government. We are waiting for the Fed to lower interest rates today so that people can get their 401K's to continue growing.

can you say PONZI???

I agree 100% and like a Ponzi it will collapse but it does not change what I said.

Which seems you are saying your system is pretty secure. IMO a person should be able to still provide a provisional in cases of errors. But as I noted, they are not counted unless necessary and they are investigated first.

I am not complaining other than that you seem to think everywhere does it like your area does it. I support voter ID laws. If for no other reason, it is because they encourage people to get ID's that are essential to normal life.

and you were complaining that you worked 12 hr shift and couldnt get there to vote,,,that is not true

I said working 12 hour shifts, waiting in line for an hour would indeed be a problem.
god forbid you take an hour every 4 yrs for your country,,,

As noted, we came up with a solution. People are happy with it. Early voting has gone over really well.

problem solved,,,

they work for their money,, and dont get paid enough

Again you are wrong. Not every state works like yours does. My state does provisional ballots if you do not have ID. There is no same day registration. If you are not on the rolls, you don't vote period.

thats why I said focus on the problem areas by getting more locations and booths,,,Missouri is a big state and there are only a few problem spots,,,why fuck with everybody when you dont need to

How does adding days to vote “fuck with” anyone? How does that cause you harm?

the problem exist in less than 5% of the state and you want the whole state to change ,,,so you are fucking with 95% of us for no reason

Once again, how does it affect you in any way? How are you harmed by a nurse that works from 6:30 AM to 7PM being able to vote a day or two early?

They get their money from the same theft you spoke of as does someone on welfare

thats why I said focus on the problem areas by getting more locations and booths,,,Missouri is a big state and there are only a few problem spots,,,why fuck with everybody when you dont need to

the problem exist in less than 5% of the state and you want the whole state to change ,,,so you are fucking with 95% of us for no reason

Once again, how does it affect you in any way? How are you harmed by a nurse that works from 6:30 AM to 7PM being able to vote a day or two early?

it cost money to do that

They get their money from the same theft you spoke of as does someone on welfare

but they work for it,,unlike the welfare leachs,,,

so they arent sucking the tit,,,

ALL voter ID laws provide for easily-obtainable state ID cards, for those who lack a driver's license or other identifying documents. All of them also permit a wide variety of documents as acceptable alternatives to a driver's license.

The reason why Voter ID laws are "controversial" is because Leftists have chosen to call them racist and discriminatory. Once the slanders start, any data produced becomes irrelevant.

If I were emperor, only a U.S passport would be acceptable voter ID, and elections would be held between noon and 4pm on a Sunday. Period. Only those voting in that period or standing in line at the end of it can vote.

That’s just stupid, there are roughly 250 million citizens of voting age in this country and you want to limit voting to 4 hours? I guess those that work and can’t leave are just fucked in your world.

Voting should be a multi day event to give everyone the equal opportunity to vote.

People take time off from work to:
stand in line for the new I phone
get a haircut or mani-pedi
watch the last episode of GOT
take their dog to the vet
go to opening day
get botox treatments
"day of the month"

I could go on and on.

it cost money to do that
ALL voter ID laws provide for easily-obtainable state ID cards, for those who lack a driver's license or other identifying documents. All of them also permit a wide variety of documents as acceptable alternatives to a driver's license.

The reason why Voter ID laws are "controversial" is because Leftists have chosen to call them racist and discriminatory. Once the slanders start, any data produced becomes irrelevant.

If I were emperor, only a U.S passport would be acceptable voter ID, and elections would be held between noon and 4pm on a Sunday. Period. Only those voting in that period or standing in line at the end of it can vote.

That’s just stupid, there are roughly 250 million citizens of voting age in this country and you want to limit voting to 4 hours? I guess those that work and can’t leave are just fucked in your world.

Voting should be a multi day event to give everyone the equal opportunity to vote.

go to opening day
get botox treatments
"day of the month"

I could go on and on.

Voting is one of the most important things we do. We should be making it easier, not harder.

go to opening day
get botox treatments
"day of the month"

I could go on and on.

Yes some people do those things. As the husband of a floor nurse, I can assure you they do not do those things.

I guess we could just shut down all the hospitals for the day and send all the patients home so the nurses can vote on a certain day instead of giving them the option of multiple days.

it cost money to do that

go to opening day
get botox treatments
"day of the month"

I could go on and on.

Voting is one of the most important things we do. We should be making it easier, not harder.

Repubs have always been about restricting voter turnout.

True, but they are still voting their own financial and employment futures

it cost money to do that
cause no one has any money.

it cost money to do that

go to opening day
get botox treatments
"day of the month"

I could go on and on.

harder is a matter of perspective,,,for me its a simple thing,,, but for some even an hour every 4 yrs is like slavery,,,those are the whiners though,

like I said if its a problem be area specific and fix it,,,dont punish everyone because you are impatient,,,

it cost money to do that

go to opening day
get botox treatments
"day of the month"

I could go on and on.

Repubs have always been about restricting voter turnout.
can you prove that???

True, but they are still voting their own financial and employment futures

key word being employment,,,they worked for it,,,so they are not sucking the government tit,,,

Forum List

Back