Are we supposed to be still laughing at Georgia 6th Special Election.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
One of the first things done after any election is to declare the losers party dead forever. I can't remember how many times the Obituary for the Republican Party or the Democratic Party has been written.

The special election for the Georgia 6th is going to be decided on the 20th and for your information the district is R+8. In other words Republicans tend to win by eight points.

Gulp: Dem leads by seven in new GA special-election poll - Hot Air

Now we could argue that this is a referendum on Republicans, or Trump, or a preview of 2018 midterms. I don't think it is any of that. We could say that the fake news for and against Trump is to blame. I doubt it.

It could be that the voters are just not all that impressed with Karen Handel. She's campaigned for offices and lost before so that is certainly a possibility.

What can we say for certain? That is easy. The Republicans are not going to go off and die just because the Democrats hate them. The Democrats have not been defeated and eliminated once and for all. Both sides are going to continue to fight and try to win.

Hot Air is a pretty consistent voice for conservative points of view. Started by Michelle Malkin I've read it since its inception. So Hot Air lowering expectations is a telling event. Especially when they say that if the Democrats win it is a meaningless and temporary situation.

I disagree, obviously. It is not a certain preview of the midterms. It is not a harbinger of doom for Republicans nor a sign of imminent Democratic Party victory. But it is a warning. Like a minor twinge of pain from your chest could be a warning sign of future heart problems. It is something to look into and consider. It is not a reason to panic.

If Georgia Sixth goes Democrat on the 20th then it would be better than even money that the seat will go Republican during the midterms. But not much better.

When Republicans started losing special elections in safe seats in 2005 it was a precursor to the slaughtering they received in 2006.

• Banned
When Republicans started losing special elections in safe seats in 2005 it was a precursor to the slaughtering they received in 2006.

Again possible but not certain with Karen Handel's electoral history. She may just not be a good candidate. We won't know for a while but my feeling is that it is a multitude of things. With Handel being one of the larger issues.

I don't live in Georgia so I'm not worried about it. Elections are rarely won on much more than local issues and I have no clue about Georgia's political climate.

One of the first things done after any election is to declare the losers party dead forever. I can't remember how many times the Obituary for the Republican Party or the Democratic Party has been written.

The special election for the Georgia 6th is going to be decided on the 20th and for your information the district is R+8. In other words Republicans tend to win by eight points.

Gulp: Dem leads by seven in new GA special-election poll - Hot Air

Now we could argue that this is a referendum on Republicans, or Trump, or a preview of 2018 midterms. I don't think it is any of that. We could say that the fake news for and against Trump is to blame. I doubt it.

It could be that the voters are just not all that impressed with Karen Handel. She's campaigned for offices and lost before so that is certainly a possibility.

What can we say for certain? That is easy. The Republicans are not going to go off and die just because the Democrats hate them. The Democrats have not been defeated and eliminated once and for all. Both sides are going to continue to fight and try to win.

Hot Air is a pretty consistent voice for conservative points of view. Started by Michelle Malkin I've read it since its inception. So Hot Air lowering expectations is a telling event. Especially when they say that if the Democrats win it is a meaningless and temporary situation.

I disagree, obviously. It is not a certain preview of the midterms. It is not a harbinger of doom for Republicans nor a sign of imminent Democratic Party victory. But it is a warning. Like a minor twinge of pain from your chest could be a warning sign of future heart problems. It is something to look into and consider. It is not a reason to panic.

If Georgia Sixth goes Democrat on the 20th then it would be better than even money that the seat will go Republican during the midterms. But not much better.
We haven't stopped laughing since November 9th. :)

Seemz like an election between two Liberals to me... a Democrat and a woman. There is no winner for Conservatives in such a race.

Seemz like an election between two Liberals to me... a Democrat and a woman. There is no winner for Conservatives in such a race.

So women can't be conservative in your mind. I can name several. Phyllis Schlafley is of course one of the most influential. If you want to know who stopped the ERA then you should thank a woman. Because on one side of the issue we're both Political Parties and every candidate for any office, and on the other was Phyllis Schlafley. Schlafley was more than enough.

I doubt that you are half as conservative as some women. I know you aren't half as intelligent as most women.

Polls......lmao Clinton will win!!!!!!!....polls

This is the runoff election. The Democrat got more votes but didn't cross the threshold for the majority needed to win outright. As I said. I don't know what will happen, but either way the fact that Ostoff was even close to 50% in the first round is a twinge in the chest.

Georgia's 6th congressional district special election, 2017 - Wikipedia

Either way the election does not fortell the future destruction of the other party.

shouldnt this thread be in the Georgia forum ..

:lmao:

I honestly thought of that. But since several national pundits and organizations are pumping money and influence and it was heralded by both sides during the first round as proof that they were winning nationally I decided it should go here. If my thoughts were wrong I'm sure the Mods will correct me.

The Rs should lose 5-10 congressional seats in 2018 just as part of normal political reflexes, it means nothing.

The far right is doing the 'nothing to see here' lowering expectations rant.

So women can't be conservative in your mind. I can name several. Phyllis Schlafley is of course one of the most influential. If you want to know who stopped the ERA then you should thank a woman. Because on one side of the issue we're both Political Parties and every candidate for any office, and on the other was Phyllis Schlafley. Schlafley was more than enough.

I doubt that you are half as conservative as some women. I know you aren't half as intelligent as most women.

Conservative women know their place is in the home, not in politics. Therrfore any woman who votes or is in any way involved in politics cannot be Conservative.

Indeed. I can think of several but by no means all....
  • 1984 - Reagan landslide. RIP Dems.
  • 1964 - LBJ landslide. RIP Repubs.
  • 1932-44 FDR wins four straight. RIP Repubs.
  • 1920 - Harding landslide. RIP Dems.
  • 1912 - Republican finishes third. RIP Repubs.
  • 1868-1880 - Repubs win four straight. RIP Dems
  • 1860 - Democrat finishes fourth. RIP Dems
oh wait --- almost forgot:
  • 2016 - Repub squeaks into EC win despite losing PV by largest margin ever. RIP Dems

Forum List

Back