Are you curious about Trump's Taxes?

You sure like to tell people what they should do.

I just don't care about his tax returns or about what your priorities are. They were wrong before, just as they're now.

Tax returns tell us who the president may owe money to. Do you want him satisfying personal debts on the backs of taxpayers?

NO actually they don't.........do you list all your creditors on your tax returns??? NO you only list how much you earned & how much taxes you paid.

Maybe if you file a 1040EZ. A guy with the complex business holdings Rump deals with has to file countless schedules with his returns. Then there are corporate returns. If he were serious about being transparent and ethical, he'd release those, too.

But he wants to be ANYTHING but ethical, or transparent. He's definitely hiding as much as possible, and he thinks he can get away with it because he believes himself to be bulletproof, and far more popular than he is. Spoiled rich kids who are never challenged in life tend to grow up to be that way.

ANY President is NOT required to release their tax returns because it's private information, protected by law. Trump is NOT the only President to withhold them. Once again I will post the link so you can see for yourself....go ahead, it won't bite

Tax History Project -- Presidential Tax Returns
When did I say it was against the law to withhold his tax returns, you dumb c*nt?

The point was that he doesn't have to release them to you or anyone else AND he is not the only President to not release them.

Tax returns tell us who the president may owe money to. Do you want him satisfying personal debts on the backs of taxpayers?

NO actually they don't.........do you list all your creditors on your tax returns??? NO you only list how much you earned & how much taxes you paid.

Maybe if you file a 1040EZ. A guy with the complex business holdings Rump deals with has to file countless schedules with his returns. Then there are corporate returns. If he were serious about being transparent and ethical, he'd release those, too.

But he wants to be ANYTHING but ethical, or transparent. He's definitely hiding as much as possible, and he thinks he can get away with it because he believes himself to be bulletproof, and far more popular than he is. Spoiled rich kids who are never challenged in life tend to grow up to be that way.

ANY President is NOT required to release their tax returns because it's private information, protected by law. Trump is NOT the only President to withhold them. Once again I will post the link so you can see for yourself....go ahead, it won't bite

When did I say it was against the law to withhold his tax returns, you dumb c*nt?

The point was that he doesn't have to release them to you or anyone else AND he is not the only President to not release them.
Every major party nominee since Richard Nixon has released their tax returns. Do you think that's not a coincidence?

Except these.......even though Bush/Cheney did provide their returns for other years, why didn't they in 2000 & 2001??? Were you screaming then?

For tax year 2001, both President Bush and Vice President Cheney released partial returns. For tax year 2000, Bush released only his Form 1040; Cheney provided a summary of his taxes, but released no forms.

Gerald Ford did not release his returns, but he did release summary data about his federal taxes for the years between 1966 and 1975

and why not from Truman to Nixon? FDR didn't release his either or anyone before him.

Oops and here's another tidbit.....

incoming presidents do not release returns for the year before they assumed office, even though they hold office when returns for that year come due.

Every major party nominee since Richard Nixon has released their tax returns. Do you think that's not a coincidence?

Why lefties always point "every president since Nixon", was he first president who paid taxes?

Has FDR released his before or during his presidency? Nope, he had to die so they can be published.

How about JFK or LBJ?

It's their choice. I could release my tax returns. Does that mean that you, and everyone else is obviously devious and evil for not doing so?

...gah.... This is such a stupid STUPID topic.

The only reason anyone ever cares about how much taxes someone else pays, is because they are greedy, envious people. No decent person cares what other pay in taxes.

I hope everyone, including Trump, pays as little in taxes as possible.

yep, he's already admitted as much

Good. Don't we all hope to pay little in taxes? I haven't done mine yet, and i hope I pay as little as possible. Why would you expect others to try and pay as much as possible when you don't? Greedy?

Don't you remember during one of the debates how Hillary was yammering on about him taking advantage of loopholes to get out of paying 'his fair share'...and his response was why didn't she work to change those laws?....(or something to that effect)

yep, he's already admitted as much

Good. Don't we all hope to pay little in taxes? I haven't done mine yet, and i hope I pay as little as possible. Why would you expect others to try and pay as much as possible when you don't? Greedy?

Don't you remember during one of the debates how Hillary was yammering on about him taking advantage of loopholes to get out of paying 'his fair share'...and his response was why didn't she work to change those laws?....(or something to that effect)

Anyone that says the phrase 'fair share' in regards to taxes, is an idiot.

Fair share would be everyone paying an equal amount of their pay. There isn't anyone who doesn't benefit from the military, roads, justice, law enforcement, and on and on and on.

When 47% or more of the country pays 0% in taxes, you lost all right to even attempt an argument at "fair share".

As for Trump, his point was that Hillary and all the other Democrats try and avoid taxes as much as anyone else. Why do you think so much of Hillary's money is all tied up in blind trusts? To avoid paying taxes, or more importantly, to avoid you knowing how much in taxes she is paying.

Trumps point was that all people in government are hypocrites on this. They scream and yell about paying your fair share, only at other people who earn a living.

Yet every single one of those people in Congress, all use every single tax break they can get.

It's not even a matter of the individual person "looking for tax savings" anymore. Shit I pay an accountant almost a grand a year to file my taxes for me - they back getting me the best deal with no only refunding my filing fees, but actually paying another company of my choice to do them. I guarantee you that Trump's people find every single penny that's deductible, avoidable, and writeoff-able. If they weren't they'd be fired. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if Trump doesn't really even know what's in his taxes - I barely do myself, I pay someone to deal with that shit for me.

Hell if you go down to H&R Block they'll give you free advice about how to organize your investments so as to pay the least taxes on them - everything from shifting retirement money, to withdrawl tax penalty avoidance, to the best way to avoid paying taxes on money your saving up for future assets (down payment on a house or a new car etc.) Every bit of it is legal and they're more than happy to dig up the loop holes for you.

It's not even a matter of the individual person "looking for tax savings" anymore. Shit I pay an accountant almost a grand a year to file my taxes for me - they back getting me the best deal with no only refunding my filing fees, but actually paying another company of my choice to do them. I guarantee you that Trump's people find every single penny that's deductible, avoidable, and writeoff-able. If they weren't they'd be fired. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if Trump doesn't really even know what's in his taxes - I barely do myself, I pay someone to deal with that shit for me.

Hell if you go down to H&R Block they'll give you free advice about how to organize your investments so as to pay the least taxes on them - everything from shifting retirement money, to withdrawl tax penalty avoidance, to the best way to avoid paying taxes on money your saving up for future assets (down payment on a house or a new car etc.) Every bit of it is legal and they're more than happy to dig up the loop holes for you.

Yeah, this is one of my pet peeves. Our tax code is so dumb, so complex, so nebulous, and so just flat out bonkers, that we have to PAY..... a profession tax filers..... to file our taxes.

Even better, where did I see this..... this report about some Washington think tank, that paid a business owners, to file his taxes with three different tax companies.... and each one came back with different numbers, that were off by thousands from each other on how much he owed.

This is insane. My tax plan..... a post card.

Income__________
Multiply by 0.10
Taxes due_______
The end.

There is absolutely no reason for it to be this complicated.

I agree it's a shitty system, that's what happens when you have 200 years of "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" politics running amok. It'd be nice to throw out the entire thing and start over, but I'm not holding my breath.

On the plus side, think of all the jobs we'd lose if we made taxes simple...

Trump knew releasing tax information was part of the ethical environment of running for the most important post in America. He promised to do so.

He's already said he won't. He's a piece of shit liar, and you were conned. The reason you SHOULD care about his taxes is so that we can all be aware of who he owes money to. That's how conflicts of interest work for the leader of the free world.

I don't care about his taxes. I don't care who he owes money to.

The only reason he should release it because during campaign he said he will.

You should care. If you care at all about the direction of the country.

I just don't care about his tax returns or about what your priorities are. They were wrong before, just as they're now.

Since when lefties care about taxpayers?
when alleged taxpayers complain about the cost of social services, without paying any income tax.

Except these.......even though Bush/Cheney did provide their returns for other years, why didn't they in 2000 & 2001??? Were you screaming then?

For tax year 2001, both President Bush and Vice President Cheney released partial returns. For tax year 2000, Bush released only his Form 1040; Cheney provided a summary of his taxes, but released no forms.

Gerald Ford did not release his returns, but he did release summary data about his federal taxes for the years between 1966 and 1975

and why not from Truman to Nixon? FDR didn't release his either or anyone before him.
Lmaoooo

This is just mind blowing. All that logical gymnastics to justify your president not releasing his tax returns, yet you (and especially Trump) frothed at the mouth to demand Obama release A BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

You're truly pathetic and said.

I don't care about his taxes. I don't care who he owes money to.

The only reason he should release it because during campaign he said he will.

You should care. If you care at all about the direction of the country.

Since when lefties care about taxpayers?
when alleged taxpayers complain about the cost of social services, without paying any income tax.

Social services are provided by local and state governments; everyone pays local and state taxes and fees. Sales taxes, parking meters, tax on durable goods, the cost of a Driver's License or State ID, etc.

Forum List

Back