Are you supporting Kim Davis for defending her faith?

Do you support Kim Davis for standing up for her Christian faith?

• Yes

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
She requested not to be a part of it due to her Christian faith. Her request should be honored. I do not think you were answering for Luddly. You are just asking a simple question.

You see, the ruling for gay marriage by the Supreme Court was illegal to begin with. It was not their job to decide that same sex marriage should be made legal. I believe that the Supreme Court decision should be thrown out and the decision of the people of America who voted marriage is between a man and a woman - should remain in place - what we have is a Supreme Court who over stepped their authority. Kim Davis took an oath of office when the law of the land was marriage was between a man and a woman. She has upheld that oath. To the fullest. imo.

"... the ruling for gay marriage by the Supreme Court was illegal to begin with. It was not their job to decide that same sex marriage should be made legal. I believe that the Supreme Court decision should be thrown out ...we have is a Supreme Court who over stepped their authority."

As we all learned in 6th grade civics class, it is exactly the "job" of SCOTUS to decide what is constitutional and legal in the US.

Except for those who believe against their ruling in Citizens United. :)

Wrong.

It doesn't matter whether you agree with SCOTUS rulings. They ARE the ultimate law of the land.

Seriously, WHY don't US citizens know this?

And those who are against Citizens United have the right to protest against that ruling and to try and get it overturned.

So does she. She is not allowed to use her governmental power to impose HER will in defiance of the Courts. Period.

Neither should Lois Learner use her government power for her personal political believes, but Lois gets leave with pay and Kim gets jailed.
How fair is that?
Federal workers get special treatment and exemptions over State workers.

During the civil right struggle, blacks sat down at lunch counters and asked to be served. They were refused.

Gays walked in to a county clerk office and asked to be served. They were refused. The situations would be similar only if the gays had sat down in the clerks office and refused to leave. The appropriate comparison between the two situations would be that Kim fulfilled the same role as the waitresses who refused to serve the blacks.

Not even a close comparison at all.
Race rights are not the same as personal gratification of 2 individuals.
The 1st is a human right and not a sin, the 2nd is sin, just like abortion is a sin.
Those who want to sin have a right to do so, as long as it does not force religious people to go along with that sin.

And no one is being 'forced to go along with sin'.

During the civil right struggle, blacks sat down at lunch counters and asked to be served. They were refused.

Gays walked in to a county clerk office and asked to be served. They were refused. The situations would be similar only if the gays had sat down in the clerks office and refused to leave. The appropriate comparison between the two situations would be that Kim fulfilled the same role as the waitresses who refused to serve the blacks.

The 1st is a human right and not a sin, the 2nd is sin, just like abortion is a sin.
Those who want to sin have a right to do so, as long as it does not force religious people to go along with that sin.

I waiting for you to start a campaign of morality against all heterosexual couples who engage in oral sex.....

What part of those who want to sin have a right did you miss?
Nothing in the Bible says that oral sex is a sin within marriage of a man and woman.

In some jurisdictions, oral sex is still considered to be "sodomy".

If they could, the damn fundie nutters would put cameras in our bedrooms.
Let's face it, oral sex will not make a baby. And frankly, any woman I respected I would not want wicking my weenie and then kissing me. It's dangling around, sweating and used for urination. Can any sane individual even imagine that there are people out there who do not bathe regularly or brush their teeth. People who worship sex and don't believe in God and simply believe we are nothing but animals ----- no better than a dog licking his butt.

And do you imagine that when two guys get married, that the limited various sexual acts are not made very obvious to everyone! No need for cameras! And average people who simply want to be left alone are being publically forced to say, "I am either for homosexuality or I'm a bigot! I'm okay with anything goes or I'm a ignorant prude!"

This is what I see America has become! And it WILL get worse. Multiple spouses is next. And I can now imagine child sex will becoming along. I mean in many cultures 12 is considered adult.

I waiting for you to start a campaign of morality against all heterosexual couples who engage in oral sex.....

Nothing in the Bible says that oral sex is a sin within marriage of a man and woman.

Let's face it, oral sex will not make a baby. And frankly, any woman I respected I would not want wicking my weenie and then kissing me. It's dangling around, sweating and used for urination. Can any sane individual even imagine that there are people out there who do not bathe regularly or brush their teeth. People who worship sex and don't believe in God and simply believe we are nothing but animals ----- no better than a dog licking his butt.

And do you imagine that when two guys get married, that the limited various sexual acts are not made very obvious to everyone! No need for cameras! And average people who simply want to be left alone are being publically forced to say, "I am either for homosexuality or I'm a bigot! I'm okay with anything goes or I'm a ignorant prude!"

This is what I see America has become! And it WILL get worse. Multiple spouses is next. And I can now imagine child sex will becoming along. I mean in many cultures 12 is considered adult.

Little Nips thinks sex is yucky

All sodomy laws was abolished by the Supreme Court in 2003.

"... the ruling for gay marriage by the Supreme Court was illegal to begin with. It was not their job to decide that same sex marriage should be made legal. I believe that the Supreme Court decision should be thrown out ...we have is a Supreme Court who over stepped their authority."

As we all learned in 6th grade civics class, it is exactly the "job" of SCOTUS to decide what is constitutional and legal in the US.

Except for those who believe against their ruling in Citizens United. :)

Wrong.

It doesn't matter whether you agree with SCOTUS rulings. They ARE the ultimate law of the land.

Seriously, WHY don't US citizens know this?

And those who are against Citizens United have the right to protest against that ruling and to try and get it overturned.

So does she. She is not allowed to use her governmental power to impose HER will in defiance of the Courts. Period.

Neither should Lois Learner use her government power for her personal political believes, but Lois gets leave with pay and Kim gets jailed.
How fair is that?
Federal workers get special treatment and exemptions over State workers.
you're desperate.
you know those situations are entirely different.

why would multiple spouses be next? nobody is allowed to marry multiple people, hence the law is applied equally. why do you think child sex would become legal? how does that scenario play out in your mind? in many cultures teens were married off - including ours until recently (and in some places here they still can be) - but why do you think that pedophilia would be decriminalized? you're off in a fantasy land of half-baked conspiracy theories and straw men that have no doubt been sold to you by am radio hucksters.

Billy Bob? Are you and Bubba horsing around again down there in the mail room? I'm coming down, and if I find you posting practical jokes on the computer, you are going to find your asses out in the sun painting yellow lines on the asphalt parking lot next week!

why would multiple spouses be next? nobody is allowed to marry multiple people, hence the law is applied equally. why do you think child sex would become legal? how does that scenario play out in your mind? in many cultures teens were married off - including ours until recently (and in some places here they still can be) - but why do you think that pedophilia would be decriminalized? you're off in a fantasy land of half-baked conspiracy theories and straw men that have no doubt been sold to you by am radio hucksters.

That is exactly what was said when we as a Society allowed couples to live together and single parents. What a mess that has turned out to be, just like they said in the 1960's.
They said next would be homosexuality and sure enough later on down the road................
You think that polygamists are not now encouraged to have their rights also or those that want to marry their pets?
Throughout history any time a civilization went down was because of letting morals go and corruption & greed, with do as you please attitudes.

I had to answer "yes" because it was the least wrong answer.

I am not supporting her at all but she should have the right to her religious convictions. My problem with her is that she hasn't thought about her situation and I believe that that is because she purposely wanted to become famous.

1. She isn't in any way participating in the marriage.
2. She is not giving her permission for the wedding, the government is.

Her stand on this cannot be justified.

Now the pieces of the puzzle come together

Kim Davis belongs to this outfit:called Apostolic Pentecostal
The group believes you must speak in tongues to be saved :uhoh3:

They wear long dresses, and they don’t cut their hair or wear makeup. It’s called “external holiness,

They generally don’t watch TV or movies either. Women who are Apostolic Pentecostals also wear long dresses, and they don’t cut their hair or wear makeup.

sounds like this is an insulated cult which is her right , but to to try stop others from living their lives , NO

sounds like one step away from snake handling

What’s an Apostolic Christian and why is Kim Davis’ hair so long?

Last edited:

And again, opinions are not facts.

And again, its none of your business what consenting adults are doing together in their bedroom.

Its okay if you're an ignorant bigot and/or prude. What is NOT okay is for you to force others to behave as you CHOOSE to.

Ask yourself if I should have the right to force YOU to partake of sex acts you find disagreeable. Of course not.

Davis is welcome to her beliefs as well. But she's not welcome to force me OR you to agree with her.

MYOB

Where do posters stand on this?

12002247_1245761842108028_2763151150986830872_n.png

That is exactly what was said when we as a Society allowed couples to live together and single parents. What a mess that has turned out to be, just like they said in the 1960's.
They said next would be homosexuality and sure enough later on down the road................
You think that polygamists are not now encouraged to have their rights also or those that want to marry their pets?
Throughout history any time a civilization went down was because of letting morals go and corruption & greed, with do as you please attitudes.
You really think society was better in the 60s?
Jim Crow, women restricted in their careers, gays hiding in the shadows, minorities relegated to menial jobs

I'll take today

right. i'm still wondering how a leads to b in your mind.

You really think society was better in the 60s?
Jim Crow, women restricted in their careers, gays hiding in the shadows, minorities relegated to menial jobs

I'll take today

I agree that those things needed to change, that is not what I am talking about.

What I am talking about is couples living out of wedlock, more poor now than when we had the war on poverty, more drug use, more young getting pregnant, more divorce. Our children learning about sex by the time they are 5 or 6 years old.

I see a bunch of our lefty weirdoes rushed to the poll, lol. "Quick let's make it look like we're the majority!" say our two leftwing dingbats, thus settling in for an hour of checking in and out of their multiple accounts in order to vote again and again....

History.

I see a bunch of our lefty weirdoes rushed to the poll, lol. "Quick let's make it look like we're the majority!" say our two leftwing dingbats, thus settling in for an hour of checking in and out of their multiple accounts in order to vote again and again....
In the name of jebus

History.
you have not shown causation.

Now the pieces of the puzzle come together

Kim Davis belongs to this outfit:called Apostolic Pentecostal
The group believes you must speak in tongues to be saved :uhoh3:

They wear long dresses, and they don’t cut their hair or wear makeup. It’s called “external holiness,

They generally don’t watch TV or movies either. Women who are Apostolic Pentecostals also wear long dresses, and they don’t cut their hair or wear makeup.

sounds like this is an insulated cult which is her right , but to to try stop others from living their lives , NO

sounds like one step away from snake handling

What’s an Apostolic Christian and why is Kim Davis’ hair so long?

This is the religion of the woman who cleans for us. Its gotten to the point where I almost dread the days she's here because she's just so damn dumb. She was a meth addict, got religion but lost every tooth in her head.

She's like so many of the RWs here - completely ignorant but over-flowing with self-damaging opinions. She's dirt poor but agrees with every Repub that we need to take from the working class and give to the rich. She'll never get any further than she is right now.

And of course, like the rabid right, screw the Constitution and force everyone to pray.

Idiots.

Forum List

Back