Are you supporting Kim Davis for defending her faith?

Do you support Kim Davis for standing up for her Christian faith?

• Yes

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
If there was still a draft, everyone could opt out based on their religious beliefs. Didn't work then, won't work today.

Opting out of following the law because of one's religious beliefs is what doesn't work.

And that's the CHOICE Davis made.

Its the choice that everyone makes, every single day. Bakers, photogs, bed & breakfast, the guy who repairs your car ...

We all choose to abide by the law or face the consequences.

I'm curious why this is such a satisfying argument for authoritarians, other than the obvious enthusiasm for forcing people to obey. This case, however, has nothing to do with authoritarian government and everything to do with Constitutional protection against government abuse.

If there was still a draft, everyone could opt out based on their religious beliefs. Didn't work then, won't work today.

Opting out of following the law because of one's religious beliefs is what doesn't work.
Ignoring GOD's LAWs to follow the laws imposed by men is what doesn't work! It spells disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depends on the god, I suppose.
The one true GOD who influenced the establishment of the United States of America. That is unless you feel that the United Stated was just a freaky mistake and isn't important enough to fight for..................... I guess that depends on what you think of the US?

Ok, but you see my point, right? Should people who follow the "untrue" gods be allowed to defy the rule of law as well?

That is exactly what was said when we as a Society allowed couples to live together and single parents. What a mess that has turned out to be, just like they said in the 1960's.
They said next would be homosexuality and sure enough later on down the road................
You think that polygamists are not now encouraged to have their rights also or those that want to marry their pets?
Throughout history any time a civilization went down was because of letting morals go and corruption & greed, with do as you please attitudes.
right. i'm still wondering how a leads to b in your mind.

History.
you have not shown causation.

I'm sorry if you can't see the correlation.
The numbers don't lie.
Here one from single mothers.
LOOK: Percentage Of Single Mothers Is Much Higher In This Demographic
The rate of single motherhood, which has been steadily increasing since the 1940s, has skyrocketed in recent years, according to a report by the U.S. Census Bureau released on May 1st.
again, how does single mother hood increasing relate to gay marriage? how did one lead to the other? how does gay marriage lead to pedophilia?

Well, its true that us straights having babies is what causes homosexuality and pedophilia. The gays certainly aren't turning out more gays and if Joe Bob and Michelle Duggar hadn't cranked out kids, we wouldn't have that disgusting little perve, Josh,

Ignoring GOD's LAWs to follow the laws imposed by men is what doesn't work! It spells disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you think a Muslim clerk could refuse to issue drivers licenses to women, because her Wahabi faith is against women driving?

The one true GOD who influenced the establishment of the United States of America. That is unless you feel that the United Stated was just a freaky mistake and isn't important enough to fight for..................... I guess that depends on what you think of the US?

Ok, but you see my point, right? Should people who follow the "untrue" gods be allowed to defy the rule of law as well?
The only law that is being defied is the law that states we have a right not to be persecuted for our faith.

Which interpretation of God's law is to be followed? According to the Amish interpretation, you're breaking God's law right now. Do you eat cheeseburgers? That's breaking God's law according to Orthodox Jews. I'm wearing a cotton/polyester blend right now. Am I breaking God's law? I am if you hold all of Leviticus as God's law.

Perhaps other religions have fine tuned God's law. Maybe Sharia is actually God's law

Your post has me thinking that your attitude toward the ecumenical is more in line with what is regarded as Fundamentalist Islam than our American secular traditions. Is that a comfortable fit for you?

Its the choice that everyone makes, every single day. Bakers, photogs, bed & breakfast, the guy who repairs your car ...

I'm curious why this is such a satisfying argument for authoritarians, other than the obvious enthusiasm for forcing people to obey. This case, however, has nothing to do with authoritarian government and everything to do with Constitutional protection against government abuse.

Actually, I've thought about starting a thread in the CDZ, the question being, 'why do some believe they have a right to even KNOW what consenting adults are doing in their bedrooms?'

But the CDZ isn't so I don't bother.

A lot of our problems would go away if all the busy body meddlers would just mind their own business.

Actually, I've thought about starting a thread in the CDZ, the question being, 'why do some believe they have a right to even KNOW what consenting adults are doing in their bedrooms?'

But the CDZ isn't so I don't bother.

A lot of our problems would go away if all the busy body meddlers would just mind their own business.
I wonder what ever happened to one of the basic tenets of Conservatism: no government interference in our personal lives. These Conservatives seem to want to shrink the size of government down so it can fit nicely in a typical bedroom.

"the one true god"

Who decides which god is "the one true god"?

Are you saying you believe we should all be forced to believe in the same god you believe in?

What about the First Amendment? What about other religions?

As I've said before, all religions say theirs is the only one, the best one, the "true" one. Are you saying YOU should get to decide that and force me to adhere to whatever your belief is?

Which interpretation of God's law is to be followed? According to the Amish interpretation, you're breaking God's law right now. Do you eat cheeseburgers? That's breaking God's law according to Orthodox Jews. I'm wearing a cotton/polyester blend right now. Am I breaking God's law? I am if you hold all of Leviticus as God's law.

Perhaps other religions have fine tuned God's law. Maybe Sharia is actually God's law

Your post has me thinking that your attitude toward the ecumenical is more in line with what is regarded as Fundamentalist Islam than our American secular traditions. Is that a comfortable fit for you?

Exactly true and yet Little Nipper and others like him/her will say they disagree with sharia law.

They're wrong. They are very much in favor of it.

The only law that is being defied is the law that states we have a right not to be persecuted for our faith.

How was she "persecuted for her faith"?

She broke the law and the law she broke was NOT against her "faith".

Who do you believe should be above the law?

Make a list and be specific.

Does your list include Muslims and Jews?

I didn't think so.

Render to Caesar what is his, and render to God what is His.

It is written:

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1 John 2 - 1 - 26

King James Version (KJV)

You should send that to Kim Davis and the other hate groups.

There are plenty of hate groups right here reading it, Luddly. I believe Kim Davis has a bible and I'm sure she is acquainted with the Scriptures. She is in jail because of her holding fast to them right now.
No one is attacking her faith. She do not have to defend it just not try and cram it down the throats of others of other faiths.

Roman13 All of you must obey those who rule over you. There are no authorities except the ones God has chosen. Those who now rule have been chosen by God. 2 So whoever opposes the authorities opposes leaders whom God has appointed. Those who do that will be judged. 3 If you do what is right, you won’t need to be afraid of your rulers. But watch out if you do what is wrong! You don’t want to be afraid of those in authority, do you? Then do what is right, and you will be praised. 4 The one in authority serves God for your good. But if you do wrong, watch out! Rulers don’t carry a sword for no reason at all. They serve God. And God is carrying out his anger through them. The ruler punishes anyone who does wrong. 5 You must obey the authorities. Then you will not be punished. You must also obey them because you know it is right.

6 That’s also why you pay taxes. The authorities serve God. Ruling takes up all their time. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them. Do you owe taxes? Then pay them. Do you owe anything else to the government? Then pay it. Do you owe respect? Then give it. Do you owe honor? Then show it.

Kim Davis has been freed. To God be the Glory! I'd rather be a fool for Christ than a fool for the devil, Taz. You need to switch sides. Turn or burn.

Neither your god or hers has anything to do with it.

"Turn or burn"

And yet, while your god burns people for eternity, surely you hate that ISIL has burned people to death. Besides that people suffer beyond comprehension for a short time with what ISIL does and your god's burning is never ending, what's the difference?

Kim Davis may be out of jail, but nothing about the situation that landed her there has been resolved.
Rowan County, Kentucky, Clerk of Court Kim Davis is again free, released from the confinement to which she was ordered after violating an order by a federal judge to begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
Not Over Yet

Not only but Muhammad's teaching on Crucifixions, burning alive, stoning, beheading came from the Christian bible and approved by GOD.
Capital punishment in Judaism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Religion is for those who are afraid of going to hell, Spirituality is for those who have already been there"

Last edited:
Render to Caesar what is his, and render to God what is His.

It is written:

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1 John 2 - 1 - 26

King James Version (KJV)

You should send that to Kim Davis and the other hate groups.

There are plenty of hate groups right here reading it, Luddly. I believe Kim Davis has a bible and I'm sure she is acquainted with the Scriptures. She is in jail because of her holding fast to them right now.

She is not defending here faith or upholding her faith but judging and it is not her job to judge. "Judge not lest you be judged" Would she give a glass of water to a thirsty homosexual?

That is exactly what was said when we as a Society allowed couples to live together and single parents. What a mess that has turned out to be, just like they said in the 1960's.
They said next would be homosexuality and sure enough later on down the road................
You think that polygamists are not now encouraged to have their rights also or those that want to marry their pets?
Throughout history any time a civilization went down was because of letting morals go and corruption & greed, with do as you please attitudes.
right. i'm still wondering how a leads to b in your mind.

History.
you have not shown causation.

I'm sorry if you can't see the correlation.
The numbers don't lie.
Here one from single mothers.
LOOK: Percentage Of Single Mothers Is Much Higher In This Demographic
The rate of single motherhood, which has been steadily increasing since the 1940s, has skyrocketed in recent years, according to a report by the U.S. Census Bureau released on May 1st.
again, how does single mother hood increasing relate to gay marriage? how did one lead to the other? how does gay marriage lead to pedophilia?

It's not just one thing it is a combination of many.

When morals (social decay and cultural decay) start to drop, decline continues 1st one then another and on as more are accepted more immorality follows.

These three aspects of decay: social decay, cultural decay, and moral decay are the important trends that demonstrate a civilizations decay. They are "the crisis of lawlessness," the "loss of economic discipline," and "rising bureaucracy."

Culture decay
Four important trends demonstrate cultural decay. They are the "decline of education," the "weakening of cultural foundations," the "loss of respect for tradition," and the "increase in materialism."

Moral Decay
Three important trends demonstrate moral decay. They are the "rise in immorality," the "decay of religious belief," and the "devaluing of human life."

History is indeed repeating itself. Do we learn from it and change or do we continue and fall just like other great civilizations have done so before us.

Why this Christian says Christianity is harmed by Kim Davis and her fans -

Not long after the Supreme Court ruling affirming gay marriage and requiring national access to it, I wrote several pieces exploring the civil disobedience issue and its applicability here. I stand by my claim that government officials who fail to enforce the law are not practicing civil disobedience, but instead simply violating the rule of law and their sworn obligation to enforce it. Because they are not conscripts, they have an obvious alternative to enforcing a law they do not like — they can resign. -

Maybe the situation conservative Christians face today should be interpreted in light of the early church and ancient Rome. If the United States has taken a fateful wrong turn with gay marriage (and abortion, and etc.), then probably it is not going to work for Christians who believe this to hold public office and be required to enforce the laws of this country. A clearer separation between conservative Christianity and a liberal democratic state will have to be made. If you don’t have the people or the law with you, then you may need to walk away from state positions and retreat into church communities where your values can be expressed.

Of course, you will probably want to pay attention to the charge that your group of Christians is selectively interpreting the Bible, as when, for example, you attack homosexuality but not serial marriage, divorce, and remarriage (Mt 19:1-12), or materialism (Mt 6:24-25), or lack of forgiveness (Mt 6:14-15), or judging others (Mt 7:1-5).
Why this Christian says Christianity is harmed by Kim Davis and her fans - Christians, Conflict and Change

question is...is she issuing license to divorcees who god also hates? If you are going to uphold your christian values, uphold all of them..Not selective against one group.

Matt5;32...English Standard Version
But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. Kim is a hypocrite.

Forum List

Back