Are you supporting Kim Davis for defending her faith?

Do you support Kim Davis for standing up for her Christian faith?

• Yes

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
During the civil right struggle, blacks sat down at lunch counters and asked to be served. They were refused.

Gays walked in to a county clerk office and asked to be served. They were refused. The situations would be similar only if the gays had sat down in the clerks office and refused to leave. The appropriate comparison between the two situations would be that Kim fulfilled the same role as the waitresses who refused to serve the blacks. That's some martyr you have there. That dog don't hunt.

You have a very warped view of God. Adam sided with Satan, and as a result became separated from God. We deserve eternal separation but GOD reached down to man and set into motion HIS plan to redeem humanity. GOD makes it possible to again commune with GOD. However, without GOD we can only achieve eternal separation and utter darkness.

Hey I do not deserve such a thing at all...to the contrary I need kindness and support not alienation... but am I not a "child of God".... Hey Dad cut me some slack......
yo why all the threats and stuff....

Seems like the "christians" are all sinning all over the place so they think everyone else is too.

I don't sin. I don't harm others. I try to be a good person and yet, according to the "christians", I'm a bad person because ... WHAT? Adam ate an apple given to him by a talking snake who was created by an invisible and imaginary super being who, on a whim, just up and destroys all that he "created"? No to mention that, just for craps and giggles, he gives little newborn babies every kind of horrendous handicaps he can think up.

All the excuses and rationalizations are impossible to keep track of and while they're making all these wacko demands, I'm also supposed to dismiss my country's constitution, just so I can get into an imaginary "heaven" where weird little fantasy creatures sit on clouds playing harps?

Luddly, I have never told you that are a bad person. Haven't I told you time and again I believe you are very compassionate, very caring for animals, children, injustices done to children - we do not agree on many things but on other things we do. I see many good things in you and try to tell you. I do not know why you are in such a state over this - we agree about the Duggars - they shouldn't be on TV - we agree about Josh Duggar - we agree about the responsibility of the Duggar parents to put their daughters first - that there should have been a police report - we do not agree about God and yet I have told you I do not believe God loves me any more than he loves you. We don't agree on Kim Davis - I believe she has the right to refuse to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple and you don't. I do not believe anyone has the right to mock them, call them names, verbally or physically mistreat them. But refuse to participate in helping them get married? As a Christian? Kim Davis has that right.
not to answer for Luddly, but why do you think that she has the right to ignore her oath of office and deny services the people of her county are entitled to?
And order others that work for her to do the same. How about their rights?

This entire thing is a side show and short fart in history. We as a country aren't going back as history has shown with issues like desegregation . Like it or not the yahoos are going to be dragged into the 21st century when it comes to public life. Why is it areas of the county that sound like they came off the set of Hee haw that America has the trouble with?

75% of this country is not going to be forced against their 1st amendment rights. Put us Christians down all you want, but we also have our rights too.
A compromise was made and Kim Davis won.

Hey I do not deserve such a thing at all...to the contrary I need kindness and support not alienation... but am I not a "child of God".... Hey Dad cut me some slack......

Seems like the "christians" are all sinning all over the place so they think everyone else is too.

I don't sin. I don't harm others. I try to be a good person and yet, according to the "christians", I'm a bad person because ... WHAT? Adam ate an apple given to him by a talking snake who was created by an invisible and imaginary super being who, on a whim, just up and destroys all that he "created"? No to mention that, just for craps and giggles, he gives little newborn babies every kind of horrendous handicaps he can think up.

All the excuses and rationalizations are impossible to keep track of and while they're making all these wacko demands, I'm also supposed to dismiss my country's constitution, just so I can get into an imaginary "heaven" where weird little fantasy creatures sit on clouds playing harps?

Luddly, I have never told you that are a bad person. Haven't I told you time and again I believe you are very compassionate, very caring for animals, children, injustices done to children - we do not agree on many things but on other things we do. I see many good things in you and try to tell you. I do not know why you are in such a state over this - we agree about the Duggars - they shouldn't be on TV - we agree about Josh Duggar - we agree about the responsibility of the Duggar parents to put their daughters first - that there should have been a police report - we do not agree about God and yet I have told you I do not believe God loves me any more than he loves you. We don't agree on Kim Davis - I believe she has the right to refuse to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple and you don't. I do not believe anyone has the right to mock them, call them names, verbally or physically mistreat them. But refuse to participate in helping them get married? As a Christian? Kim Davis has that right.
not to answer for Luddly, but why do you think that she has the right to ignore her oath of office and deny services the people of her county are entitled to?
And order others that work for her to do the same. How about their rights?

This entire thing is a side show and short fart in history. We as a country aren't going back as history has shown with issues like desegregation . Like it or not the yahoos are going to be dragged into the 21st century when it comes to public life. Why is it areas of the county that sound like they came off the set of Hee haw that America has the trouble with?

75% of this country is not going to be forced against their 1st amendment rights. Put us Christians down all you want, but we also have our rights too.
A compromise was made and Kim Davis won.

Hell, you can't even get 35% support on this thread, according to the vote!

You have a very warped view of God. Adam sided with Satan, and as a result became separated from God. We deserve eternal separation but GOD reached down to man and set into motion HIS plan to redeem humanity. GOD makes it possible to again commune with GOD. However, without GOD we can only achieve eternal separation and utter darkness.

Luddly Neddite , the LORD placed you on my heart this morning. I must tell you that as you say you do not sin you have deceived yourself and the truth is not in you. You see the bible states that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. There is not one that is perfect and that is why we needed a Savior. Jesus Christ.

It is written:
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 1:8

If you were to keep the law perfectly and miss it in telling a single lie (which you've already done here in your post) and you faced the judgment without having received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you could not enter into the Kingdom of heaven. That is how great the power of the cross is to redeem you. Without it? You won't make it.

Another thing the LORD put on my heart to tell is that when a person defends homosexuality, abortion and their right to do whatever they want even when it is against God's Commandments? You are wicked. When you call evil good and good evil? You are wicked and need to repent of your sins. If you do not repent for your sins you will be destroyed and there will be no hope for you. Now God showed me great mercy and saved my soul when I was very lost and on my way to hell and what He has done for me He will do for you if you will ask Him.

But if you persist in rejecting His offer of Salvation you have only a fiery judgment to look toward. You need to come to Jesus Christ when the Holy Spirit is convicting your heart and dealing with you. You do not come to Jesus when you feel like it. You come when He is calling you. It's time. It's your time and today is the day of Salvation. TODAY. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Today is the day of salvation.

One final word - Rebellion is witchcraft. Those in rebellion against God are enemies of God.

From Jeremiah posts to me. Or, as she would say, "it is written" ...

Luddly, I have never told you that are a bad person.
I see many good things in you and try to tell you.
I must tell you that as you say you do not sin you have deceived yourself and the truth is not in you.
You are wicked.
You are wicked and need to repent of your sins.
If you do not repent for your sins you will be destroyed and there will be no hope for you.
you have only a fiery judgment to look toward

I've said it a million times - I would defend you right to believe as you wish. I have not and would not rant and preach at you that you are "wicked" and will burn in hell. I would not insult your intelligence with demands that you do as I tell you instead of following your own beliefs and your own heart.

WHY do people think they have the right to do this? And why, after speaking to people this way, do they expect to be treated with respect and civility?

During the civil right struggle, blacks sat down at lunch counters and asked to be served. They were refused.

Gays walked in to a county clerk office and asked to be served. They were refused. The situations would be similar only if the gays had sat down in the clerks office and refused to leave. The appropriate comparison between the two situations would be that Kim fulfilled the same role as the waitresses who refused to serve the blacks.

Not even a close comparison at all.
Race rights are not the same as personal gratification of 2 individuals.
The 1st is a human right and not a sin, the 2nd is sin, just like abortion is a sin.
Those who want to sin have a right to do so, as long as it does not force religious people to go along with that sin.

Gays walked in to a county clerk office and asked to be served. They were refused. The situations would be similar only if the gays had sat down in the clerks office and refused to leave. The appropriate comparison between the two situations would be that Kim fulfilled the same role as the waitresses who refused to serve the blacks.

The 1st is a human right and not a sin, the 2nd is sin, just like abortion is a sin.
Those who want to sin have a right to do so, as long as it does not force religious people to go along with that sin.

I waiting for you to start a campaign of morality against all heterosexual couples who engage in oral sex.....

Luddly Neddite , the LORD placed you on my heart this morning. I must tell you that as you say you do not sin you have deceived yourself and the truth is not in you. You see the bible states that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. There is not one that is perfect and that is why we needed a Savior. Jesus Christ.

It is written:
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 1:8

If you were to keep the law perfectly and miss it in telling a single lie (which you've already done here in your post) and you faced the judgment without having received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you could not enter into the Kingdom of heaven. That is how great the power of the cross is to redeem you. Without it? You won't make it.

Another thing the LORD put on my heart to tell is that when a person defends homosexuality, abortion and their right to do whatever they want even when it is against God's Commandments? You are wicked. When you call evil good and good evil? You are wicked and need to repent of your sins. If you do not repent for your sins you will be destroyed and there will be no hope for you. Now God showed me great mercy and saved my soul when I was very lost and on my way to hell and what He has done for me He will do for you if you will ask Him.

But if you persist in rejecting His offer of Salvation you have only a fiery judgment to look toward. You need to come to Jesus Christ when the Holy Spirit is convicting your heart and dealing with you. You do not come to Jesus when you feel like it. You come when He is calling you. It's time. It's your time and today is the day of Salvation. TODAY. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Today is the day of salvation.

One final word - Rebellion is witchcraft. Those in rebellion against God are enemies of God.

From Jeremiah posts to me. Or, as she would say, "it is written" ...

Luddly, I have never told you that are a bad person.
I see many good things in you and try to tell you.
I must tell you that as you say you do not sin you have deceived yourself and the truth is not in you.
You are wicked.
You are wicked and need to repent of your sins.
If you do not repent for your sins you will be destroyed and there will be no hope for you.
you have only a fiery judgment to look toward

I've said it a million times - I would defend you right to believe as you wish. I have not and would not rant and preach at you that you are "wicked" and will burn in hell. I would not insult your intelligence with demands that you do as I tell you instead of following your own beliefs and your own heart.

WHY do people think they have the right to do this? And why, after speaking to people this way, do they expect to be treated with respect and civility?

Ludd, I had to put Jer on ignore months ago. She is batshit crazy, and when I conversed with her, I felt like I was poking a stick at a monkey in a cage.

She requested not to be a part of it due to her Christian faith. Her request should be honored. I do not think you were answering for Luddly. You are just asking a simple question.

You see, the ruling for gay marriage by the Supreme Court was illegal to begin with. It was not their job to decide that same sex marriage should be made legal. I believe that the Supreme Court decision should be thrown out and the decision of the people of America who voted marriage is between a man and a woman - should remain in place - what we have is a Supreme Court who over stepped their authority. Kim Davis took an oath of office when the law of the land was marriage was between a man and a woman. She has upheld that oath. To the fullest. imo.

"... the ruling for gay marriage by the Supreme Court was illegal to begin with. It was not their job to decide that same sex marriage should be made legal. I believe that the Supreme Court decision should be thrown out ...we have is a Supreme Court who over stepped their authority."

As we all learned in 6th grade civics class, it is exactly the "job" of SCOTUS to decide what is constitutional and legal in the US.

I waiting for you to start a campaign of morality against all heterosexual couples who engage in oral sex.....

What part of those who want to sin have a right did you miss?
Nothing in the Bible says that oral sex is a sin within marriage of a man and woman.

Marriage is not a RIGHT. I cannot marry my sister if we wanted to. I cannot marry my mother if we wanted to. I cannot marry my dog, and Lord know he'd do anything... The Supreme Court is NOT SUPREME! They are manipulative and are now trying to play God. This is an ugly time to raise children. I could not even imagine half of what goes on today openly and without any sense of modesty, so much less for shame.

There is a GOD and HE WILL do something and allow something ---------------- and it will not be good. While Israel did what they were supposed to do, the nation was prosperous and free. I really do not want the Supreme Court to throw it all away for the sexual frivolity of a few.

Nothing in the Bible says that oral sex is a sin within marriage of a man and woman.

My mistake, Peach. I thought that you were obsessed with things that went on in everyone's bedroom. I see, now, that you are only obsessed with what goes on in gay's bedrooms.

She requested not to be a part of it due to her Christian faith. Her request should be honored. I do not think you were answering for Luddly. You are just asking a simple question.

You see, the ruling for gay marriage by the Supreme Court was illegal to begin with. It was not their job to decide that same sex marriage should be made legal. I believe that the Supreme Court decision should be thrown out and the decision of the people of America who voted marriage is between a man and a woman - should remain in place - what we have is a Supreme Court who over stepped their authority. Kim Davis took an oath of office when the law of the land was marriage was between a man and a woman. She has upheld that oath. To the fullest. imo.

"... the ruling for gay marriage by the Supreme Court was illegal to begin with. It was not their job to decide that same sex marriage should be made legal. I believe that the Supreme Court decision should be thrown out ...we have is a Supreme Court who over stepped their authority."

As we all learned in 6th grade civics class, it is exactly the "job" of SCOTUS to decide what is constitutional and legal in the US.

Except for those who believe against their ruling in Citizens United. :)

And no one is being 'forced to go along with sin'.

In some jurisdictions, oral sex is still considered to be "sodomy".

If they could, the damn fundie nutters would put cameras in our bedrooms.

Marriage is not a RIGHT. I cannot marry my sister if we wanted to. I cannot marry my mother if we wanted to. I cannot marry my dog, and Lord know he'd do anything... The Supreme Court is NOT SUPREME! They are manipulative and are now trying to play God. This is an ugly time to raise children. I could not even imagine half of what goes on today openly and without any sense of modesty, so much less for shame.

There is a GOD and HE WILL do something and allow something ---------------- and it will not be good. While Israel did what they were supposed to do, the nation was prosperous and free. I really do not want the Supreme Court to throw it all away for the sexual frivolity of a few.

I put my hand on my computer screen on your post, and my psoriasis went away! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

Are you supporting Kim Davis for her faith and for defending the laws of Kentucky? For any who are not aware of who Kim Davis is, she is the clerk who was put in jail for refusing to issue a marriage license to a same sex couple. In the State of Kentucky marriage is between a man and a woman. Are you supporting Kim Davis for standing up for her faith in Jesus Christ? Yes or no?

\

Nope. She is violating State and Federal law and imposing her will on others in violation of the Constitution of the USA.

SHE is what our Founding Fathers warned us about.

We have had sodomy laws since before and the beginning of our Nation and up until the courts ruling in 2003.
There needs to be a compromise between the rights of both sides.
She has the right to protest and stand up for her 1st amendment rights just like gays have done under the 14th amendment.

Yes, she does. She does NOT however have the right to impose her will through her power as an agent of the government. That is the very definition of tyranny.

Forum List

Back