Arizona - Bannon and the Turtle square off

I told ya there were still sane people left, Ringel05
Missed the point didn'tcha. Ya must be too focused on partisan politics...... :eusa_whistle:
I think the point was that by running Kelli Contrails, the gop may be giving Sinema an opening

How Does Jeff Flake’s Retirement Change The Arizona Senate Race?
I'm supposed to care? :dunno:
I certainly don't give a rat's ass what you do.
That makes two of us.......... :thup:

Of course when I finally take over the world.........

take-over-the-world-pinky-and-brain.gif
(-: yeah sorry.

Flake retirement could help GOP save the Senate

I'm not predicting which party will win this seat, but McConnell seriously thinks he can recruit a mainstream conservative to defeat a candidate picked by Bannon? Did they see how that worked in Ala?

Flake has been the most unpopular senators for years now, he just squeaked out his last reelection by 3 points, Trump won AZ by 20 points. Donors have not been supporting him and he's just trying to save face, he sees the writing on the wall.

Kelli Ward came the closest of anyone of unseating McCain and has a good chance of winning the nomination for Flakes seat.

Ummm...Trump only beat Hillary in Arizona by 3.5%

I guess the gal I saw on Fox this morning was misinformed. But I just checked Trump actually beat the bitch by 4.1% so you were both wrong.

2016 Election Results: President Live Map by State, Real-Time Voting Updates

Final results were at 3.5% not even close to the 20 % you made up

United States presidential election in Arizona, 2016 - Wikipedia

Fortunately, not all of the country is like Alabama.
yea, arizona is full of bedwetters that love illegals.
You've got a point there. But maybe they'll nominate someone off the wall like Sheriff Joe--or actually nominate Sheriff Joe. There is some sanity left in this world, TN.
Maybe, but Bannon seems all in for Kelli Contrails. You'd think that rationally Bannon could agree with the state party to run some little known person who is willing to say anything Bannon tells him/her to say and just doesn't have baggage.
Does anyone think it's a bit strange/creepy that Steve Bannon is supposedly the person now directing who the Republican party will put up for election? That's not ringing any alarm bells with anyone, huh?
Considering Trump won the primaries by a huge margin, I would think he would have support from a lot of Republicans.

If you look at the Arizona primaries in 2012 and 2016, they were very similar. In 2012, Romney got 47% and won by as wide margin. In 2016, Trump got 46% and won by a wide margin. However Romney won Arizona by 9 points while Trump won by a little under 4. There are not enough Republicans to guarantee a victory for Republicans.

I'm not predicting which party will win this seat, but McConnell seriously thinks he can recruit a mainstream conservative to defeat a candidate picked by Bannon? Did they see how that worked in Ala?

Flake has been the most unpopular senators for years now, he just squeaked out his last reelection by 3 points, Trump won AZ by 20 points. Donors have not been supporting him and he's just trying to save face, he sees the writing on the wall.

Kelli Ward came the closest of anyone of unseating McCain and has a good chance of winning the nomination for Flakes seat.

Kelli Ward didn't come close to unseating McCain. She is a far right looney tune. She will lose to the Democrat nominee.

I guess the gal I saw on Fox this morning was misinformed. But I just checked Trump actually beat the bitch by 4.1% so you were both wrong.

You are wrong. Those numbers were not updated.

Trump 48.67%
Clinton 45.13%

United States presidential election, 2016 - Wikipedia

What's wrong with Alabama? Do you hate black people or something?

I would take Alabama over the Pinko West Coast or Commie North East.
Roy Moore, nuff said. I'm not even sure he could get elected in Mississippi. He could beat any democrat, but I'm not sure he'd get nominated by the gop.

Roy Moore is not all of Alabama. We have Crimson Tide fans too, but we tolerated them. Tolerance is something you liberals have yet to master.

Tolerance is something Christian religious fanatics in Alabama don't believe in. They support a man who says Muslims should not be allowed to hold office, gays should be jailed and thinks the gay marriage decision was worst than the Dred Scott decision. Liberals want to downgrade Christianity, extreme Christian fascists want to elevate Christianity above all other religions. Both are equally bad.

Bannon wants to make the Republican Party safe for white supremacists and other bigots. If he gets his wish then the party needs to go the way of the Whigs. We already have 1 Nazi party and one is enough.

Kelli Ward didn't come close to unseating McCain. She is a far right looney tune. She will lose to the Democrat nominee.

Reading comprehension isn't your thing is it? He beat her by the smallest margin of his career. And if she would prevail in the general remains to be seen. You never know who else may run against her, so she may not make it to the general. Since Flake dropped out it all up for grabs now.

You are wrong. Those numbers were not updated.

Trump 48.67%
Clinton 45.13%

United States presidential election, 2016 - Wikipedia

Said it was updated 12-13-16.

Agree
That is why she is angling for an appointment as Senator when McCain either dies or resigns

That's not a lot.

Can you say, it was "enough"?

Sure it was. But we're talking about a new day. Lots of water has gone under the bridge since then. We'll see. Don't be too overconfident that this Traveling Circus will keep them coming in indefinitely.

What's wrong with Alabama? Do you hate black people or something?

I would take Alabama over the Pinko West Coast or Commie North East.
Any state that would elect Roy Moore has a problem, imo. Of course, I shouldn't talk, since I live in the state that elected Paul LePage, twice. So it's not a blanket statement against EVERYONE in Alabama.

Can Sheriff Joe serve in both McCains and Flakes Senate seats?

Arpaio was booted out of the sheriff's office by voters. He may be a worse candidate than Ward.
He's 83 or something like that! There really ought to be a law that you can't run after 80.

So you want to limit voter choices based on age? What's next? Limits based on the candidates race? sex? religion?
80 is a reasonable age to say no new terms from here on. A senator could run at 79 and serve out a term past 80, but no new terms from 80 on.

Can Sheriff Joe serve in both McCains and Flakes Senate seats?

Arpaio was booted out of the sheriff's office by voters. He may be a worse candidate than Ward.
He's 83 or something like that! There really ought to be a law that you can't run after 80.

So you want to limit voter choices based on age? What's next? Limits based on the candidates race? sex? religion?
80 is a reasonable age to say no new terms from here on. A senator could run at 79 and serve out a term past 80, but no new terms from 80 on.

So you're saying that instead of letting the voters choose based on a candidates merit you'd rather have those in power make the decisions for them?

Why do you hate Democracy?

Forum List

Back