Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing Business Owners To Refuse Service To Gays

I'll see your "This is a Public Service website by Marathon Studios Enterprises" and raise you the laws of the State of New Hampshire. BTW - "Age of consent" (meaning consent to have sex) does not mean "Age to Marry" in many states they are different.
State of New Hampshire Revised Statutes
TITLE XLIII
DOMESTIC RELATIONS
CHAPTER 457
MARRIAGES
457:4 Marriageable. – No male below the age of 14 years and no female below the age of 13 years shall be capable of contracting a valid marriage that is entered into by one male and one female, and all marriages contracted by such persons shall be null and void. No male below the age of 18 and no female below the age of 18 shall be capable of contracting a valid marriage between persons of the same gender, and all marriages contracted by such persons shall be null and void.​
CHAPTER 457 MARRIAGES

[NOTE: Even though 13 year old girls can get married in New Hampshire, it is not an easy process because, IIRC, they have to go before a Judge for approval.]

>>>>

Your information doesn't give the whole picture. Still there has to be parental consent, and a judicial waiver....it's not like an adult man can just marry a 12 or 13 year old.

New Hampshire

The law is complicated in New Hampshire. Individuals under the age of 18 may not marry in New Hampshire without parental approval and a judicial waiver. Brides must be at least 13 years of age and grooms must be at least 14 years of age before their parents can apply for a judicial waiver.

Teen Marriage License Laws, Minors Requirements, by State

Gotta go with World on this one, he stated that they need to go to a judge to get it approved. Nonetheless, they can get married, which is the entire point he is making.

There is a thing called "consent" - a 12 year old is not able to give consent....neither can animals...why do you "haters" have to go into areas that are clearly out of limits even to the dim-witted to support your hatred when you know that anyone with a brain can see that you are grasping at straws.

What if the state allows marriage with parental consent?
Then I guess your fantasy could come true! :lol:

so when is your fantasy, bestiality going to get an advocacy group? All you unemployed, paid by union left wingers, should be starting that "crusade" soon. Hedonism rulezzzzzzzz

Would you oppose members of NAMBLA marrying 12 year old boys? If so ... why? What harm would it do to you? Where do you draw the line between right and wrong?

There is a thing called "consent" - a 12 year old is not able to give consent....neither can animals...why do you "haters" have to go into areas that are clearly out of limits even to the dim-witted to support your hatred when you know that anyone with a brain can see that you are grasping at straws.

What if the state allows marriage with parental consent?

Then LGBT would be all for it (if they hope to maintain their facade of "open-mindedness.").

Insane topic diversons and point deflections like PMH's should be treated.

How do you feel about polygamy PaintMyHouse? Should it be as legitimately legalized as gay marriage?
Good question. I see no rational arguments against it, as long as everyone is an adult. You certainly can't use the Bible to argue against it in this case.

It will cause problems however, since we haven't even made it fully to just two adults yet. One step at a time eh?

You wouldn't know a rational argument if it slapped you in the face.
On that, and most other things little friend, you are very very wrong.

If you define support as quantity of people, you are correct, If you define it the way I do, as evidence to support your argument and the quality of the people who support you, you are wrong.

Once again your ideology clouds your eyes and good judgment.
The LAW is ALL my support.
My family down here in the deep south from the 1940s was supporting integration and equal rights for blacks WITH NO SUPPORT.
Grew up hearing "****** lover" almost every day of my life for 15 years.
Unlike you I don't want or need any support for doing what is right then and now.
But you are paying some attention and get a star by your name for that.

Unless you are going to argue that the law is Gawd you cannot argue that your source of support is the law. If you were half as smart as you think I am that would be obvious because, using the law, I can argue that cops can shoot unarmed people simply because they don't have a Taser.

Damn, I was wrong about you.
How many posts have you made and read here and other threads on gay marriage?
And you do not even know the basics of the law.
How many courts have now ruled against states that ban gay marriage under what QW?
UNCONSTITUTIONAL ring a bell there ole boy?
Do I have to also tell what part of the United States Constitution they are citing in their rulings striking down all these state bans?
The latest round of suits are headed by Republicans and the lead plaintiff is an Army Major.
Excuse me but I figured you were up to speed on the law.
But I love reading your comical claims about the myths you stutter about the law.

Newsflash, asshole, this thread is not about same sex marriage, it is about the rights of people not to attend weddings they don't want to go to. I already expressed my views on marriage in other threads where that was the actual subject. If you really want to know what they are, go look.

Same to you, asshole. No one is interfering with your right to private association, which, however, ends with public accommodation laws if you are in business.

Step off.

Only if you assume that my bakery is the only one withing 1000 miles. As I recall you specifically proved me right about that when you tried to tell me that Tyler only has one theater.

I said no such thing. I told you Tyler had several theatres.

I corrected your error with several other examples, including Jasper, Center, and Kirbyville for starters.

Lying will not improve your lack of cred.

That is gone on the Board, forever.

Last edited:
You just proved yourself to be a liar.

You just proved yourself not a Christian.

Jesus never said anything contrary to that, it's the church that does.

You know, I agree with that.
Jesus never made any comments about homosexuality ever.
Those were all Jewish law.
Jesus talked about love thy neighbor.
So how did that get to folks that claim to be Christians calling gay folks faggots and worse?
Real world.
Religious views have no place in denying gay folks equal protection under the law.
But hey, the game is over. Within a few years most all states it will be legal.
How long will the echoes of "Faggots should not serve in the military" still be heard?

So how did that get to folks that claim to be Christians calling gay folks faggots and worse?
Real world.
I agree to this, though I know a lot of Christians and I've never heard them call gays those things.

Religious views have no place in denying gay folks equal protection under the law.
How long will the echoes of "Faggots should not serve in the military" still be heard?
Jesus didn't talk about government doing the things you are obsessed with government doing either. I have no idea why gays need either validation or party favors from government.

None of you people saying that obviously are business owners. If you knew how three levels of government (Federal, State, local) fuck us on a constant basis, the idea that government would just leave us alone is a wonderful thing.

Liberals are soft and weak and have no perspective of the real world. People across the world are starving and live under oppressive governments and our own is strangling our economy and the people who drive it, and you're all worried about a piece of paper and having to jump through some legal hoops to make your choices instead of using default marriage ones.

Marriage equality, Kaz, does not require you to understand "why gays need either validation or party favors from government." The law does require you to not discriminate.

Real world.

In the New Testament in Jude 1 and Romans 1 the mandate is not to hate gays but to despise gay behaviors substituting for "normal" and overrunning a society that way. Sodom was given as an example of what will happen to ALL if this is allowed to carry on. Those passages in the Bible are consistent with compassion.

Compassion, however, is not synonymous with promotion or enabling...

Jude 1 and Romans 1 are for Christians who believed that way.

Since the Christians had no power over government then, you must by your silly reasoning think they all want to hell.

Good question. I see no rational arguments against it, as long as everyone is an adult. You certainly can't use the Bible to argue against it in this case.

It will cause problems however, since we haven't even made it fully to just two adults yet. One step at a time eh?

You wouldn't know a rational argument if it slapped you in the face.
On that, and most other things little friend, you are very very wrong.

Then Google what happens to women in societies that allow polygamy, then come back and admit that there are actually rational arguments against it.

By the way, you aren't my friend, so stop trying to associate me with your scumbag bogotry.

I am a Christian.
A Christian that would never question your or anyone else's religious beliefs.
Because I follow the teachings of Jesus.
Unlike many of the so called Christians here.

You just proved yourself to be a liar.

Really?

Here is what you said.

A Christian that would never question your or anyone else's religious beliefs.

Sounds quite sensible. One problem, you also said this.

Unlike many of the so called Christians here.
That directly contradicts your earlier words.

The best part is, they were in the same post.

If that makes me not a Christian, then so be it, I don't want to be what you think a Christian is.

Last edited:
Once again your ideology clouds your eyes and good judgment.
The LAW is ALL my support.
My family down here in the deep south from the 1940s was supporting integration and equal rights for blacks WITH NO SUPPORT.
Grew up hearing "****** lover" almost every day of my life for 15 years.
Unlike you I don't want or need any support for doing what is right then and now.
But you are paying some attention and get a star by your name for that.

Unless you are going to argue that the law is Gawd you cannot argue that your source of support is the law. If you were half as smart as you think I am that would be obvious because, using the law, I can argue that cops can shoot unarmed people simply because they don't have a Taser.

Damn, I was wrong about you.
How many posts have you made and read here and other threads on gay marriage?
And you do not even know the basics of the law.
How many courts have now ruled against states that ban gay marriage under what QW?
UNCONSTITUTIONAL ring a bell there ole boy?
Do I have to also tell what part of the United States Constitution they are citing in their rulings striking down all these state bans?
The latest round of suits are headed by Republicans and the lead plaintiff is an Army Major.
Excuse me but I figured you were up to speed on the law.
But I love reading your comical claims about the myths you stutter about the law.

Again, this thread is not about marriage, it is about freedom.

That said, more states say that it is illegal to marry someone of the same sex than say it isn't. If, as you claim, your support is the law, you are still wrong.

After you deal with that, feel free to point out where I said anything about any of the lawsuits.

Same to you, asshole. No one is interfering with your right to private association, which, however, ends with public accommodation laws if you are in business.

Step off.

Only if you assume that my bakery is the only one withing 1000 miles. As I recall you specifically proved me right about that when you tried to tell me that Tyler only has one theater.

I said no such thing. I told you Tyler had several theatres.

I corrected your error with several other examples, including Jasper, Center, and Kirbyville for starters.

Lying will not improve your lack of cred.

That is gone on the Board, forever.

That was funny.

The bill tries, and fails, to get around public accommodation laws.

Public accommodation laws in Arizona already let businesses do everything you are afraid of. I guess that means the bill doesn't try to do what you just said.

Then again, you aren't right about most things, so you should be used to it.

You attempt, once again, to warp reality.

Do I?

Arizona businesses already can refuse to serve gays: SB1062 explained - latimes.com

Feel free to claim you corrected me on this later.

Forum List

Back