Arkansas Republican resigns after saying Clinton could 'get shot'

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013

Johnny Rhoda, who was chairman of the Republican Party in the Second Congressional District in Arkansas, was quoted in U.S. News this week as saying Clinton could not expect much political support in the state if she ran for president.

"She'd probably get shot at the state line," Rhoda, an insurance agent and the pastor of a small congregation about 70 miles (110 kms) north of the state capital, Little Rock, was quoted as saying by the magazine.

"Nobody has any affection for her. The majority don't," he was quoted as saying.

It's being reported all over the place, not just over yahoo:

Johnny Rhoda, who remarked that Hillary would be shot in Arkansas, resigns from Arkansas Republican Party position | Arkansas Blog | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

Arkansas GOP Official: Hillary Clinton ?Probably Would Get Shot at the State Line? | Americans Against the Tea Party

Arkansas GOP Official Who Suggested Hillary Clinton Would ?Get Shot? Resigns - ABC News

Arkansas GOP Official On Hillary: 'She'd Probably Get Shot' - US News

Arkansas GOPer: Saying Hillary Would 'Get Shot' Wasn't Meant As A Threat

Oh, big whoop.... People are so fucking sensitive about everything today.

I wouldn't call it sexist. I would call it advocating for assassination of a public figure.

Expect more of this shit as 2016 nears. This is just the tip of the crazy-iceberg.

To their credit, non-batshit-crazy Republicans in Arkansas called this shit out right away. :thup:

Last edited:

Johnny Rhoda, who was chairman of the Republican Party in the Second Congressional District in Arkansas, was quoted in U.S. News this week as saying Clinton could not expect much political support in the state if she ran for president.

"She'd probably get shot at the state line," Rhoda, an insurance agent and the pastor of a small congregation about 70 miles (110 kms) north of the state capital, Little Rock, was quoted as saying by the magazine.

"Nobody has any affection for her. The majority don't," he was quoted as saying.

It's being reported all over the place, not just over yahoo:

Johnny Rhoda, who remarked that Hillary would be shot in Arkansas, resigns from Arkansas Republican Party position | Arkansas Blog | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

Arkansas GOP Official: Hillary Clinton ?Probably Would Get Shot at the State Line? | Americans Against the Tea Party

Arkansas GOP Official Who Suggested Hillary Clinton Would ?Get Shot? Resigns - ABC News

Arkansas GOP Official On Hillary: 'She'd Probably Get Shot' - US News

Arkansas GOPer: Saying Hillary Would 'Get Shot' Wasn't Meant As A Threat

Good.

So...these Republicans saying shit like this, or "legitimate rape", or other nonsense......don't have the discipline or sense to STOP talking before that nonsense comes out.

Yet, they want us to trust them with that split second decision at 2am when all hell is breaking lose.

Yeah. If they were in charge, we'd be in a ground war in Libya over Benghazi, and we'd be starting the 3rd Iraq War, and probably be bombing Iran just to add it in.

Republicans....just stop it. Stick to being mayors of tiny towns, and let the adults to the big boy work.

I guess it is not freedom of speech unless a far left establishment tell us it is.

The guy said in public what a lot of people probably joke about in private every single day. I seriously doubt he meant someone should actually shoot Clinton.

It is stupid he should end up resigning over a tired joke.

To be fair, I think the state gop dropped the bomb on this twit. And, shooting anyone, least of all a political figure is not to be joked about, by anyone.

The guy said in public what a lot of people probably joke about in private every single day. I seriously doubt he meant someone should actually shoot Clinton.

It is stupid he should end up resigning over a tired joke.

But he wasn't a private person.

Why the hell can't some of you evenly apply the same respect regardless of politics? I think what the asshole said was wrong and stupid but should he have to resign over it?? Hell no.

I wouldn't call it sexist. I would call it advocating for assassination of a public figure.

Expect more of this shit as 2016 nears. This is just the tip of the crazy-iceberg.

To their credit, non-batshit-crazy Republicans in Arkansas called this shit out right away. :thup:

it is not advocation. not even remotely. english, learn it.

I'd call it monumentally stupid.

Idiocy is bi partisan. He should have apologized profusely. Resignation for being an asshole; I don't know. There sure are many an asshole who say stupid shit on a day to day on Capitol Hill and they still have their jobs.

Speaking of bi partisan assholes. This fool who hung Palin in effigy rates up there.

palin-effigy.jpg

"She'd probably be shot" is not a threat it's a comment on how much she is hated in Arkansas. It's stupid but it's not a hint at an assassination plot.

If we're going to get this testy this early and call for arrests, buckle up then left wing looney buttercups because two can play this game.

Mind your P & Q's.

Expect more of this as the Authoritarian NSA police state justifies its own demise.

i don't think this has anything to do with the 'state', i have no doubt the republican party called for his resignation for making such a dumb comment

Forum List

Back