Arkansas Republican resigns after saying Clinton could 'get shot'

I wouldn't call it sexist. I would call it advocating for assassination of a public figure.

Expect more of this shit as 2016 nears. This is just the tip of the crazy-iceberg.

To their credit, non-batshit-crazy Republicans in Arkansas called this shit out right away. :thup:

So you where also really upset and outraged when the bat shit crazy left was calling for Buhs's death,and cheered when they saw an image of him burning,you were right?

Arkansas Republican resigns after saying Clinton could 'get shot'

Johnny Rhoda, who was chairman of the Republican Party in the Second Congressional District in Arkansas, was quoted in U.S. News this week as saying Clinton could not expect much political support in the state if she ran for president.

"She'd probably get shot at the state line," Rhoda, an insurance agent and the pastor of a small congregation about 70 miles (110 kms) north of the state capital, Little Rock, was quoted as saying by the magazine.

"Nobody has any affection for her. The majority don't," he was quoted as saying.

It's being reported all over the place, not just over yahoo:

Johnny Rhoda, who remarked that Hillary would be shot in Arkansas, resigns from Arkansas Republican Party position | Arkansas Blog | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

Arkansas GOP Official: Hillary Clinton ?Probably Would Get Shot at the State Line? | Americans Against the Tea Party

Arkansas GOP Official Who Suggested Hillary Clinton Would ?Get Shot? Resigns - ABC News

Arkansas GOP Official On Hillary: 'She'd Probably Get Shot' - US News

Arkansas GOPer: Saying Hillary Would 'Get Shot' Wasn't Meant As A Threat

At least he resigned. Jesse Helms didn't.

The guy said in public what a lot of people probably joke about in private every single day. I seriously doubt he meant someone should actually shoot Clinton.

It is stupid he should end up resigning over a tired joke.

But he wasn't a private person.

So?

A public official isn't allowed to be facetious?

Why the hell can't some of you evenly apply the same respect regardless of politics? I think what the asshole said was wrong and stupid but should he have to resign over it?? Hell no.

Well, you were probably happy that Jesse Helms didn't resign over his comments.

But...the South doesn't have a great track record when Democrat Presidents and Presidential Candidates visit.....:eusa_whistle:

Bush 'Assassination' Film Makes Waves Across the Pond

What did liberals say about this film?? I remember-- It's his right, free speech

Come on. Bush was hilarious. Remember "no WMD's under there"? I'm sure the families of soldiers in Iraq thought that was hysterical.

Check out this video:

at 2:55 he said Saddam paid the families of suicide bombers as one of the reasons we invaded. Now get this. It's even more hilarious. Seems the second biggest owner of Fox News, a Saudi Prince, gives telethons to raise money for the families of suicide bombers. Since he gets money from Fox, and Fox gets money from Republicans watching, you could say Republicans support the families of suicide bombers. Not the families of the victims, the families of the bombers.

Come on. Republicans have a sense of humor. They think the strangest things are hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:
it is not advocation. not even remotely. english, learn it.

It was correct English. And yes, he was advocating for assassination.

BTW, when you write a language as a noun, it is capitalized. Also, the first letter of a sentence is to be capitalized as well.

English: learn it.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=advocate

look up the word. giving his OPINION or SPECULATION on what might happen is not even remotely advocating anything. you're beyond stupid. if you said, hey, what would happen if we sent 50,000 troops to iraq and i said: well, a few hundred might die.

now, using your logic, i'm advocating for the soldiers to die.

idiot.

statist ran away again after being proven wrong

Forum List

Back