Arkansas Republican resigns after saying Clinton could 'get shot'

Bush 'Assassination' Film Makes Waves Across the Pond

What did liberals say about this film?? I remember-- It's his right, free speech

[MENTION=27958]LadyGunSlinger[/MENTION] - you have an interesting point and I am glad you brought it up.

But there is one problem with that: that film was not made in the USA and it was not supported by Liberals in the USA. Go check out WHERE that film was produced and WHERE it was shown.

Blaming Liberals in the USA for that film in order to deflect from the actual information in this thead as you are doing would be the equivalent of me bashing cons on the head for mass murder because of Brevink, who was an ultra-Right-Wing Conservative - from NORWAY.

Think about it.

We are talking about US politics with this thread, not world politics.

Why the hell can't some of you evenly apply the same respect regardless of politics? I think what the asshole said was wrong and stupid but should he have to resign over it?? Hell no.

BTW, just for the record I never said that he should resign.

I reported that he resigned.

There is a difference.

That being said, I think it is indeed a feather in the Arkansas GOP's cap that they ditched the dude.

When we are so far along that it is suddenly ok for public figures to either directly talk or joke about assassinations (and yes, talking about someone being "shot" at the border IS talking about a potential assassination, make no doubt about it) or reference it in way that makes their ire known, then we are no better than 3rd world banana republics where executions and assassinations are part of the order of the day.

They can force someone to resign but the can't force someone to change their minds. The more they punish the greater the resentnent.

I wouldn't call it sexist. I would call it advocating for assassination of a public figure.

Expect more of this shit as 2016 nears. This is just the tip of the crazy-iceberg.

To their credit, non-batshit-crazy Republicans in Arkansas called this shit out right away. :thup:

it is not advocation. not even remotely. english, learn it.

It was correct English. And yes, he was advocating for assassination.

BTW, when you write a language as a noun, it is capitalized. Also, the first letter of a sentence is to be capitalized as well.

English: learn it.

I wouldn't call it sexist. I would call it advocating for assassination of a public figure.

Expect more of this shit as 2016 nears. This is just the tip of the crazy-iceberg.

I'd call it monumentally stupid.

Idiocy is bi partisan. He should have apologized profusely. Resignation for being an asshole; I don't know. There sure are many an asshole who say stupid shit on a day to day on Capitol Hill and they still have their jobs.

Speaking of bi partisan assholes. This fool who hung Palin in effigy rates up there.

palin-effigy.jpg

The bolded: I agree with you on that point.

Johnny needs to be arrested and charged for inciting violence.

what violence was incited? you and statist don't know the meaning of words.

you guys need an education.

You need to learn that speaking in public has limitations.

Coded speech like Johnny's will have a solid response he won't like.

Yepp.

The real adults in the room already know this.

Yurt needs to grow up, grow some and learn.

Unbelievable, you people won't be happy until all our Freedoms of speech is gone

First we lost them under Obama now here we go with Clinton

You vote her in folks you have no one to blame for a continuation of this BS BUT yourselves

Deceleration alert!!
Deceleration alert!!!

[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]
[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

:D

Now, back to the OP:

:thup:

"She'd probably be shot" is not a threat it's a comment on how much she is hated in Arkansas. s.

if you say so :cuckoo:

how is it a threat? he is merely speculating on what might happen and you know he was using hyperbole. speculating on what others might do is not a threat jillian. you know this.

Lots of nutbags and cowards use the good old excuse that a threat was "only" hyperbolic. Besides, you don't know for sure how he said it, in what tone of voice, etc... so you are in no position to make that judgement.

:cuckoo:

Now, sometimes, to defuse a situation or perhaps even to insult an opponent, the person who was threatened can come back and say that is way only hyperbole:

U.S. Calls North Korean Threats Hyperbolic - Bloomberg

That was the USA's way of saying to N. Korea that it is not even important enough to be making threats.

Learn the difference.

CaféAuLait;9335618 said:

Johnny Rhoda, who was chairman of the Republican Party in the Second Congressional District in Arkansas, was quoted in U.S. News this week as saying Clinton could not expect much political support in the state if she ran for president.

"She'd probably get shot at the state line," Rhoda, an insurance agent and the pastor of a small congregation about 70 miles (110 kms) north of the state capital, Little Rock, was quoted as saying by the magazine.

"Nobody has any affection for her. The majority don't," he was quoted as saying.

It's being reported all over the place, not just over yahoo:

Johnny Rhoda, who remarked that Hillary would be shot in Arkansas, resigns from Arkansas Republican Party position | Arkansas Blog | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

Arkansas GOP Official: Hillary Clinton ?Probably Would Get Shot at the State Line? | Americans Against the Tea Party

Arkansas GOP Official Who Suggested Hillary Clinton Would ?Get Shot? Resigns - ABC News

Arkansas GOP Official On Hillary: 'She'd Probably Get Shot' - US News

Arkansas GOPer: Saying Hillary Would 'Get Shot' Wasn't Meant As A Threat

Which is worse getting shot or getting beaten to death, I wonder?

Keith Olbermann's Idea For Beating Hillary: Literally Beating Hillary

Violent imagery seems to only be an issue when its the opposite party though, forget about announcing such on the news though. I knew who Olbermann was, never heard of this district chair before.

Oh, that is extremely ugly and extremely wrong, I condemn just as strongly now as I did back then. But it is also 6 years old and not the topic of this particular thread. I also remember that from 2008 and condemned it back then elsewhere - I was not at USMB at that time.

But relativism will get you nowhere. And it looks like bellyaching to me.

Adults should be able to have threads without having to attached 40 disclaimers to the past all the time. That's just childish.

CaféAuLait;9335618 said:

Oh, that is extremely ugly and extremely wrong, I condemn just as strongly now as I did back then. But it is also 6 years old and not the topic of this particular thread. I also remember that from 2008 and condemned it back then elsewhere - I was not at USMB at that time.

Adults should be able to have threads without having to attached 40 disclaimers to the past all the time. That's just childish.

Perhaps I should have made more point better? Olbermann's comment did not bring the scrutiny this one did. Instead, they renewed his contract several times. I just don't care for the double standards. It may be old news, but its indicative of how HRC was treated by many in left wing media while running against Obama. It ticked me off to be honest, and your thread reminded me of the issues.

What did liberals say about this film?? I remember-- It's his right, free speech

[MENTION=27958]LadyGunSlinger[/MENTION] - you have an interesting point and I am glad you brought it up.

But there is one problem with that: that film was not made in the USA and it was not supported by Liberals in the USA. Go check out WHERE that film was produced and WHERE it was shown.

Blaming Liberals in the USA for that film in order to deflect from the actual information in this thead as you are doing would be the equivalent of me bashing cons on the head for mass murder because of Brevink, who was an ultra-Right-Wing Conservative - from NORWAY.

Think about it.

Show me where I deflected?? I called the guy an asshole and said it was a stupid comment.. I;m sick of the double standard and I'm not going to say he should have to resign over something so fucking trivial as free speech.. the same thing liberals praised and went nuts over in regard to that movie.. I don't care where it was made.

Last edited:
You liberals are just getting more pathetic with each passing day

just like some target on a map you all went ape shit over
You won't be happy until we have speech police next and can be thrown in jail for speaking our minds

if they saw the crap you people posted here, You'll be the first in line into the gulags...can't happen to bigger bunch of "reactionaries" wusses at every damn thing...

Keep pushing it that's just what this government is waiting for

You won't be happy until we have speech police next and can be thrown in jail for speaking our minds

if they saw the crap you people posted here, You'll be the first in line into the gulags...can't happen to bigger bunch of "reactionaries" wusses at every damn thing...

In politics, as in the rest of life which your mother should have told you, you have to watch your mouth, that's all. Say what you like but don't cry like a schoolgirl when it ends up costing you a position.

The more these guys speak their minds, the more doors they are directed to.

In politics, as in the rest of life which your mother should have told you, you have to watch your mouth, that's all. Say what you like but don't cry like a schoolgirl when it ends up costing you a position.

Oh really??? And when does that ever apply to a liberal?

This whole crybaby thread did what it was meant to do.. Stir the pot and give you loser liberals some red meat to munch on.. especially with the bad fucking week you've had. Your Clusterfuck President had his ass shown to him and was made a fool of; WORLDWIDE spectacle and of his own making. More to come and well earned, by all of you Zombies.

Usually abut the time they send pictures of their dicks, to teenage girls.

Come on they are saints, that's why Obama and their parties approvals are in the crapper

so what do they have to beat people over the head with? some article about a Republican in a STATE resigning for something he SAID...nothing that he did, WHAT HE SAID

the people in this country better wake the hell up

CaféAuLait;9336890 said:
CaféAuLait;9335618 said:
Which is worse getting shot or getting beaten to death, I wonder?

Keith Olbermann's Idea For Beating Hillary: Literally Beating Hillary

Violent imagery seems to only be an issue when its the opposite party though, forget about announcing such on the news though. I knew who Olbermann was, never heard of this district chair before.

Perhaps I should have made more point better? Olbermann's comment did not bring the scrutiny this one did. Instead, they renewed his contract several times. I just don't care for the double standards. It may be old news, but its indicative of how HRC was treated by many in left wing media while running against Obama. It ticked me off to be honest, and your thread reminded me of the issues.

Oh, so that is what you want to bellyache about? Ok...

I guess you think I am responsible for Olbermann's contract from 6 years ago.

Ok, got it.

:cuckoo:

Think about it.

Show me where I deflected?? I called the guy an asshole and said it was a stupid comment.. I;m sick of the double standard and I'm not going to say he should have to resign over something so fucking trivial as free speech.. the same thing liberals praised and went nuts over in regard to that movie.. I don't care where it was made.

Name me American Liberals who praised that film.

Name them.

I remember American Liberals condemning that film. I sure as hell did.

Again, I never wrote in the OP that I thought the guy needed to resign. I just reported the facts. Go look at the OP again.

Forum List

Back