Armed Citizens are Better & Safer than Armed Police!

Kiss My -

Please try and post honestly. The murder rate in the UK is 1/4 of that in the US. Finding cute graphics off nutcase blogs does not establish anything.

Take a look at what the REAL stats show and try to get up to speed.

firearm-OECD-UN-data3.jpg

And the read the WaPo story it comes from:

Chart: The U.S. has far more gun-related killings than any other developed country

The average law abiding citizen is smarter than the average cop. That might have something to do with it.
Cops can more easily get away with crimes as their buddies are cops - many times they are the only friends the've got. They have sacrificed their identity for a uniform; duty, and identity are forever merged!
Power currupts! Over time many feel that they are above the law; beyond reproach.

I respect most police, though they are only human. Some are crooked, though, and they weren't upstanding citizens when they decided to go to the police academy. It's a fairly quick course. It's not like only the most intelligent people can make it through. And many come out and start working, only to let that power over the public go to their head. Of course, many will allow friends and family to get away with anything while picking on their enemies.

My issue with solely relying on police is that they just don't get there quick enough when the situation is dire. If people aren't able and willing to defend themselves, they just better hope that they never find themselves in a situation where their life is in danger.

While it is probably so obvious that all but the most hackneyed could figure it out for themselves without waking up, the work the police do is a little different to the work the public do.

The police find themselves regularly confronting armed dope heads, pimps, murderers and fugitives. Thus it also makes sense that in those situations they will, on occassions, kill someone they either shouldn't have killed or who happened to get caught in the crossfire.

I don't think anyone of us think that this is ok, but we also have to be realistic and say that if you happen to be in a crack den when it is busted, you may not be making the best choices as to where to spend your time anyway.

Kiss My -

Please try and post honestly. The murder rate in the UK is 1/4 of that in the US. Finding cute graphics off nutcase blogs does not establish anything.

Take a look at what the REAL stats show and try to get up to speed.

Get real Saigon - Violent Crime & Murder rates are higher in countries that ban guns. Your stupid chart is only showing lower gun murders. Murder is murder regardless of what tool is used to commit murder. You are just a stupid tool used by the dishonest propagandist.

screenhunter6gm6.jpg

Last edited:
while approximately 250,000,000 private citizens only killed 30 innocent people. Do the math.

Why? You haven't.

There were 30,700 gun-related deaths last year - some as young as 18 months old - why do you claim 30,670 of them were guilty of something?

They were all murders or suicides. 2/3rds were suicides.

Sorry to disappoint you wannabe soldier of fortune rednecks out there. But if you bought yourself a gun, and practice on paper targets with Bubba and Ricky-Lee on weekends, you are NOT trained. Idiots.

Tell that to George Zimmerman.

Ambushed. Drew during a fight with larger stronger opponent where he was trying to retain.

Bang. COM. Dead turd.

People quit having as many orgies, as much sex with strangers & not without protection. Maybe even settled down & married.

And you think maybe this is the reason there are so many homicides in the US?

Interesting....

Illegitimacy is the main reason. 75% of all cons in federal and state penitentiaries are illegitimate children.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Oh my goodness, the cop haters are out in full force!!!

So, the heroic "private citizen" who happens to own a gun is, just by virtue of being a "private citizen", smarter and tactically better than a cop. Guess the actual training cops go through actually regresses their abilities. Whereas the heroic "private citizen" has no training at all, yet, somehow is a better shot.

You should take a sociology class, and learn about the term "spurrious".

You should read a dictionary because you obviously don't know what "spurious" means or even how to spell it.

I'll never understand the hero worship of cops.

Sorry but the cops don't prevent crime they show up after and then try to find ways to blame the victim for the crime.

I remember when a dump I used to live in got burglarized. I was just 17 had no phone and was living on Ramen noodles when some fuck broke my door in with an axe.

I got home from work (one of 3 jobs at the time) to find the cops and my landlord in my place. The fucking cops start grilling me about having drugs and selling them as a reason for the crime.

I looked at the cop and said, "I don't even have a phone you fucking moron so how am i dealing drugs?"

Oh and btw I never got any of my stuff back.

Yeah cops are great.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!!!

On June 27, in the case of Castle Rock v. Gonzales, the Supreme Court found that Jessica Gonzales did not have a constitutional right to police protection, even in the presence of a restraining order.

By a vote of 7-to-2, the Supreme Court ruled that Gonzales has no right to sue her local police department for failing to protect her and her children from her estranged husband.

Gun Violence homicides statistics - Countries compared - NationMaster

Crime Statistics > Gun violence > Homicides > Non-firearm homicide rate > per 100,000 pop. (most recent) by country
Showing latest available data.

Rank

Countries

Amount

# 1 Colombia: 62.74

# 2 South Africa: 51.3901

# 3 Guatemala: 25.4737

# 4 Mexico: 14.1112

# 5 Paraguay: 12.0451

# 6 Estonia: 10.4456

# 7 Belarus: 10.13

# 8 Latvia: 10.0337

# 9 Lithuania: 10.0135

# 10 Ukraine: 8.9253

# 11 Thailand: 8.4679

# 12 Moldova: 8.127

# 13 Barbados: 7.4906

# 14 Zimbabwe: 7.2381

# 15 Poland: 5.6072

# 16 United States: 5.5

# 17 Uruguay: 4.6149

# 18 Côte d'Ivoire: 4.0688

# 19 Bulgaria: 4.0652

# 20 Azerbaijan: 2.8078

# 21 Slovakia: 2.6473

# 22 Portugal: 2.4788

# 23 Macedonia, Republic of: 2.3141

# 24 Hungary: 2.05

# 25 Slovenia: 1.8109

# 26 Czech Republic: 1.6893

# 27 Australia: 1.5729

# 28 Chile: 1.5461

# 29 Spain: 1.2506

# 30 New Zealand: 1.1747

# 31 Germany: 1.1679

# 32 Singapore: 0.9209

Brought to you by the same organization that wants control of all small arms worldwide.
:clap2:
Remember the Brits are attempting to ban knives over 30 cm.

:cuckoo:Stupid to blame a tool, when the person behind it is the 'guilty' party.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Oh my goodness, the cop haters are out in full force!!!

So, the heroic "private citizen" who happens to own a gun is, just by virtue of being a "private citizen", smarter and tactically better than a cop. Guess the actual training cops go through actually regresses their abilities. Whereas the heroic "private citizen" has no training at all, yet, somehow is a better shot.

You should take a sociology class, and learn about the term "spurrious".

You see...most "private citizen" shootings occur in isolated areas where they are the victims of an attempted crime. Like a house break-in. Crooks do that...so there are no witnesses. Makes sense, right? THUS, almost never are there innocent bystanders.

Cops, on the other hand, often confront those same criminals, and many times it happens in busy cities, OR, on domestic violence calls where family members are around. In other words, police shootings often happen where there are many other people around. Private citizen shootings almost always happen when someone tries to break into their house, where there are no innocent bystanders, OR, in a drug deal gone bad.

CALEA required all accredited law enforcement agencies to required a minimum 2 years college, recommended 4 year degree, for new hires. Thats more education than 90% of the morons in our society. So you can shove that "the private citizen is smarter than the average cop" shit.

And one more thing. Of all those gun toting "private citizens" who are willing to take a shot....how many are ex-miliary or ex-cops with all their training? Many are.

Sorry to disappoint you wannabe soldier of fortune rednecks out there. But if you bought yourself a gun, and practice on paper targets with Bubba and Ricky-Lee on weekends, you are NOT trained. Idiots.
Many Bubba's are ex military, many cops are not! When I was an active Marine, I spoke with another Marine who's job was MOS ( military occupational specialty ) assignment. He told me that those who were MP's were assigned that MOS because they were the least intelligent.

I know another guy who after retiring, he tried to become a cop. He was deemed over qualified - too smart. To point out that cops are not the sharpest does not mean your a cop hater. :cuckoo:

Shroom -

Thanks for posting those - it is staggering to see that the US has the worst total homocide rate of any developed nation - far, far worse than most other developed nation.

Turthseeker -

You've been presented with the info you asked for. Care to comment on it, or are you going to pretend you haven't seen it?

Brought to you by the same organization that wants control of all small arms worldwide.
:clap2:
Remember the Brits are attempting to ban knives over 30 cm.

:cuckoo:Stupid to blame a tool, when the person behind it is the 'guilty' party.

The research isn't brought to you by any organisation, genius - and in fact you can find the same results from any one of a dozen different sources.

No one disputes that people are to blame when someone is murdered - but the simple fact that the US has 52,000 gun-related murders per year and 648 should tell you that guns are the issue.

It really is time some of you guys stepped back from the politics and accept some cold, basic facts.

Murders:

USA 14,748
UK 648

67.% of US murders involve a firearm.

Last edited:
Shroom -

Thanks for posting those - it is staggering to see that the US has the worst total homocide rate of any developed nation - far, far worse than most other developed nation.

Then I guess it's a good thing you don't live here.

And since you don't live here what do you care?

Forum List

Back