Arming people in movie theaters

there are lots of links showing so

here is just a random one

by Monica Steiner, Contributing Author

It is almost always a crime to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance. Many states also prohibit people from carrying a firearm into establishments that serve liquor (such as bars and nightclubs), even with a concealed carry permit, and even if you are not drinking.
The laws that apply to you depend on the state in which you live. To learn more about the gun laws in your state, see Gun Control Laws, and click the link to your state under the section entitled “Gun Laws by State”.

But I have a concealed carry permit. May I carry my weapon while intoxicated?

Having a concealed carry permit does not give you free reign to carry your weapon at any time or under every circumstance that you wish. Most permits come with a set of places or circumstances where you may not carry your gun, and one circumstance is usually while you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
This is the case in Tennessee, where as a concealed carry permit holder, you may have your license suspended for up to three years (in addition to fines and possible jail time) for drinking in an establishment that sells liquor while in possession of your firearm.

[FONT=Proxima Nova Rg Regular, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Is it illegal to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs? | Criminal Law[/FONT]

I looked it up.

It is illegal to carry in a bar in Washington state, but I see no mention of it being illegal to carry while drunk.

Gun laws in Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are guns taken from those found to be armed while drunk? Of course not

Our NRA will fight to the death for the rights of armed drunks

Yes…..if you are drunk and are caught in public with a gun a cop will take your gun…..you are a vile, twit.

Does anyone know if he is actually a concealed carrier permit holder…….or is he a gang banger….?
It isn't released yet.

Woman critically injured in Renton theater shooting
"According to him, he said he dropped the gun and it went off. We have witnesses that say he came into the theater and appeared intoxicated. He went in and took a seat in theater number nine and was fumbling with a pistol when it went off and struck someone sitting in front of him," said David Leibman with the Renton Police Department.

Man's gun goes off in theater, hits woman

The incident happened shortly after 8 p.m. PT at the Regal Cinemas at The Landing in Renton.

According to Renton police, a man who appeared intoxicated went to the showing of 13 Hours. Police say the man walked inside the theater with a gun and "accidentally" discharged his weapon, hitting a woman in the theater.

The woman was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in critical condition, according to firefighters

in most states it is unlawful to have a firearm when intoxicated

so your not showing a good guy with a gun

Everyone is a good guy with a gun....until they turn into a bad guy
Takes a split second
So are you proposing that no one but the police and this corporate "gubermint" be allowed to have a firearm? Do you believe that people should have to "register" their guns with this corporate "gubermint? Do you know what "register" means in Black's Law dictionary?

Not only register your gun but receive training on how and when to use it and be licensed to have one

Help keep assholes like the guy in the theater from packing

When you register something with the "gubermint" you are making yourself a partner with this entity that can confiscate your property at will or impose a fine or tax on it...you know, like your car. What I own is mine and it isn't any fucking business of this corporate "gubermint" about what I may or may not have and I certainly wouldn't ever comply.

The incident happened shortly after 8 p.m. PT at the Regal Cinemas at The Landing in Renton.

According to Renton police, a man who appeared intoxicated went to the showing of 13 Hours. Police say the man walked inside the theater with a gun and "accidentally" discharged his weapon, hitting a woman in the theater.

The woman was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in critical condition, according to firefighters

Takes a split second
So are you proposing that no one but the police and this corporate "gubermint" be allowed to have a firearm? Do you believe that people should have to "register" their guns with this corporate "gubermint? Do you know what "register" means in Black's Law dictionary?

Not only register your gun but receive training on how and when to use it and be licensed to have one

Do you think all the gang bangers will register their illegal guns….you know that Haynes v. United States specifically states that felons do not…do not…have to register their illegal guns….so your point is again stupid and pointless…….

Sounds to me like the problem was the easy access to ALCOHOL, which is NOT protected by the US Constitution; whereas the gun is.

It is almost always a crime to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance. Many states also prohibit people from carrying a firearm into establishments that serve liquor (such as bars and nightclubs), even with a concealed carry permit, and even if you are not drinking.
The laws that apply to you depend on the state in which you live. To learn more about the gun laws in your state, see Gun Control Laws, and click the link to your state under the section entitled “Gun Laws by State”.

Having a concealed carry permit does not give you free reign to carry your weapon at any time or under every circumstance that you wish. Most permits come with a set of places or circumstances where you may not carry your gun, and one circumstance is usually while you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
This is the case in Tennessee, where as a concealed carry permit holder, you may have your license suspended for up to three years (in addition to fines and possible jail time) for drinking in an establishment that sells liquor while in possession of your firearm.

[FONT=Proxima Nova Rg Regular, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Is it illegal to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs? | Criminal Law[/FONT]
It's kind of a stupid law, from the view of preventing gun crime. How many drunks make good choices? Oh, gee, I guess I'll leave the gun home since I'm already plastered. Not gonna happen.

That is the logic of gun grabbers though…the law is supposed to prevent the drunk from carrying the gun by making it harder on normal gun owners who don't drink and carry a gun to get a gun………it never makes sense no matter how often the gun grabbers push it….

If only she'd had a gun too.

Or maybe just make sure there are armed ushers. And those kids selling candy and soda and "popcorn"? They should be armed.

That way, at the first sound of gun shot, they can rush into the dark theater and mow them down.

What could possible go wrong?

Hey, no mass shooter showed up to start killing people with an assault rifle. Why? Probably because this 'good guy with a gun' was there to ward off the mass shooter.

He's a goddamn hero, saving the lives of everyone in that theater! The woman was just collateral damage.
Let us know when you are done jerking off.

So you're saying that if a mass shooter had burst through the door to kill everyone in that theater that this 'good guy with a gun' wouldn't have been able to stop him?
No, I said let us know when you are done jerking off. Your posts serve only to pleasure yourself. In the real world we don't live in absolutes.

Notice how you avoid the question. As we both know the answer: this 'good guy with a gun' is the only one who could have stopped the mass shooter than never showed up.

Was he the only one in the theater with a firearm?

Takes a split second

When you register something with the "gubermint" you are making yourself a partner with this entity that can confiscate your property at will or impose a fine or tax on it...you know, like your car. What I own is mine and it isn't any fucking business of this corporate "gubermint" about what I may or may not have and I certainly wouldn't ever comply.
like the government really cares about what a hill billy hick like you thinks

We need a law about public intoxication…..oh yeah……we already have those don't we……and did they work here?

Or maybe just make sure there are armed ushers. And those kids selling candy and soda and "popcorn"? They should be armed.

That way, at the first sound of gun shot, they can rush into the dark theater and mow them down.

Agree

Problem is there were not enough guns in that theater to respond after the first shot was fired

It was an accident. Returning fire would be stupid as hell.
Having a bunch of guns in a dark theater when a shot goes off and idiots assuming a massacre is taking place then randomly shooting at everyone else with a gun is bound to happen.

If he was that intoxicated….how did he get to the theater? Did he drive drunk? And he had to move through a public space, therefore he was breaking the public intoxication laws…………but….but…..that should have stopped him right?

It's kind of a stupid law, from the view of preventing gun crime. How many drunks make good choices? Oh, gee, I guess I'll leave the gun home since I'm already plastered. Not gonna happen.

That is the logic of gun grabbers though…the law is supposed to prevent the drunk from carrying the gun by making it harder on normal gun owners who don't drink and carry a gun to get a gun………it never makes sense no matter how often the gun grabbers push it….

when you run to bow to statues and eat jesus cookies every morning at church do you carry a gun?

Agree

Problem is there were not enough guns in that theater to respond after the first shot was fired

Having a bunch of guns in a dark theater when a shot goes off and idiots assuming a massacre is taking place then randomly shooting at everyone else with a gun is bound to happen.

And yet in crowd situations during mass shootings where the idiot mass shooter chose a non gun free zone…….there hasn't been the problem has there…….normal gun owners have reacted incredibly responsibly in mass shooting attacks……...

Takes a split second

Sigh...is this where you start babbling about 'yellow fringe' on flags, maritime law, and doctors who have worked '30 years at the CIA' again?

I know more than you......sucks for you.

when you run to bow to statues and eat jesus cookies every morning at church do you carry a gun?

Catholic churches are gun free zones.

Agree

Did it happen there?

Agree

There is no limit on stupidity, especially when it comes to people who carry guns when going to a movie, the market or answering their door bell.

Yeah…except when they use them to stop the mass shooters……and the only ones taking guns to gun free zone movie theaters, and markets are the killers……the normal gun owners are disarmed by twits like you.

And we post story after story of violent criminals breaking through doors to attack people….and you say it is dumb to have a gun when you answer your door…….twit.

Takes a split second

Help keep a LOT of people from packing.

Which is your goal, a backdoor ban.

And take away the rights of hundreds of millions to self defense.

No more than a drivers license bans people from driving

I want gun owners to be responsible and have the proper training and skills to properly use a gun. Should be no problem for a responsible gun owner

It is when you guys use it to make it so difficult and expensive to get the training and the license that only the rich, and politically connected can get the training and licenses….

The 14th Amendment protects rights from Poll Taxes and literacy tests….

Quick, someone wake up 2AGuy. Or maybe he'll avoid this one like he did the woman who shot at shoplifters in the HomeDepot parking lot (I think it was HomeDepot, anyway)

I didn't avoid that one either….I posted that Americans use guns 1.5 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack according to bill clinton and barak obama…….

And 13 million people now carry guns for self defense……and you throw out one bad apple…….

12,999,999 didn't shoot at fleeing suspects…….wow…you got us…...

Forum List

Back