Arming people in movie theaters

Man's gun goes off in theater, hits woman

The incident happened shortly after 8 p.m. PT at the Regal Cinemas at The Landing in Renton.

According to Renton police, a man who appeared intoxicated went to the showing of 13 Hours. Police say the man walked inside the theater with a gun and "accidentally" discharged his weapon, hitting a woman in the theater.

The woman was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in critical condition, according to firefighters

in most states it is unlawful to have a firearm when intoxicated

so your not showing a good guy with a gun

Everyone is a good guy with a gun....until they turn into a bad guy
Takes a split second

liar
Lair!

there are lots of links showing so

here is just a random one

by Monica Steiner, Contributing Author

It is almost always a crime to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance. Many states also prohibit people from carrying a firearm into establishments that serve liquor (such as bars and nightclubs), even with a concealed carry permit, and even if you are not drinking.
The laws that apply to you depend on the state in which you live. To learn more about the gun laws in your state, see Gun Control Laws, and click the link to your state under the section entitled “Gun Laws by State”.

But I have a concealed carry permit. May I carry my weapon while intoxicated?

Having a concealed carry permit does not give you free reign to carry your weapon at any time or under every circumstance that you wish. Most permits come with a set of places or circumstances where you may not carry your gun, and one circumstance is usually while you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
This is the case in Tennessee, where as a concealed carry permit holder, you may have your license suspended for up to three years (in addition to fines and possible jail time) for drinking in an establishment that sells liquor while in possession of your firearm.

[FONT=Proxima Nova Rg Regular, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Is it illegal to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs? | Criminal Law[/FONT]

I looked it up.

It is illegal to carry in a bar in Washington state, but I see no mention of it being illegal to carry while drunk.

Gun laws in Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are guns taken from those found to be armed while drunk? Of course not

Our NRA will fight to the death for the rights of armed drunks

The incident happened shortly after 8 p.m. PT at the Regal Cinemas at The Landing in Renton.

According to Renton police, a man who appeared intoxicated went to the showing of 13 Hours. Police say the man walked inside the theater with a gun and "accidentally" discharged his weapon, hitting a woman in the theater.

The woman was transported to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in critical condition, according to firefighters

Takes a split second
So are you proposing that no one but the police and this corporate "gubermint" be allowed to have a firearm? Do you believe that people should have to "register" their guns with this corporate "gubermint? Do you know what "register" means in Black's Law dictionary?

It is almost always a crime to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance. Many states also prohibit people from carrying a firearm into establishments that serve liquor (such as bars and nightclubs), even with a concealed carry permit, and even if you are not drinking.
The laws that apply to you depend on the state in which you live. To learn more about the gun laws in your state, see Gun Control Laws, and click the link to your state under the section entitled “Gun Laws by State”.

Having a concealed carry permit does not give you free reign to carry your weapon at any time or under every circumstance that you wish. Most permits come with a set of places or circumstances where you may not carry your gun, and one circumstance is usually while you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
This is the case in Tennessee, where as a concealed carry permit holder, you may have your license suspended for up to three years (in addition to fines and possible jail time) for drinking in an establishment that sells liquor while in possession of your firearm.

[FONT=Proxima Nova Rg Regular, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Is it illegal to possess a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs? | Criminal Law[/FONT]

I looked it up.

It is illegal to carry in a bar in Washington state, but I see no mention of it being illegal to carry while drunk.

This guy's problem started well before he was drunk. His gun was NOT properly secured in a holster. And I'm not sure what gun he had that would fire just because it was dropped.

If only she'd had a gun too.

Or maybe just make sure there are armed ushers. And those kids selling candy and soda and "popcorn"? They should be armed.

That way, at the first sound of gun shot, they can rush into the dark theater and mow them down.

What could possible go wrong?

Agree

Problem is there were not enough guns in that theater to respond after the first shot was fired

It was an accident. Returning fire would be stupid as hell.
I believe they were being sarcastic.

Takes a split second
So are you proposing that no one but the police and this corporate "gubermint" be allowed to have a firearm? Do you believe that people should have to "register" their guns with this corporate "gubermint? Do you know what "register" means in Black's Law dictionary?
Yes.Yes.No

Takes a split second

Not only register your gun but receive training on how and when to use it and be licensed to have one

Help keep assholes like the guy in the theater from packing

Or maybe just make sure there are armed ushers. And those kids selling candy and soda and "popcorn"? They should be armed.

That way, at the first sound of gun shot, they can rush into the dark theater and mow them down.

Hey, no mass shooter showed up to start killing people with an assault rifle. Why? Probably because this 'good guy with a gun' was there to ward off the mass shooter.

He's a goddamn hero, saving the lives of everyone in that theater! The woman was just collateral damage.

Agree

Problem is there were not enough guns in that theater to respond after the first shot was fired

I believe they were being sarcastic.

They were being sarcastic at me and mine. I was being sarcastic back by taking them at their literal word.

HIs point was stupid and I pointed that out.

it is also a crime

Is it?
yup

Link?

It's kind of a stupid law, from the view of preventing gun crime. How many drunks make good choices? Oh, gee, I guess I'll leave the gun home since I'm already plastered. Not gonna happen.

I looked it up.

This guy's problem started well before he was drunk. His gun was NOT properly secured in a holster. And I'm not sure what gun he had that would fire just because it was dropped.

Probably waving it at the bad guys in Benghazi

Takes a split second

Not only register your gun but receive training on how and when to use it and be licensed to have one

Help keep a LOT of people from packing.

Which is your goal, a backdoor ban.

And take away the rights of hundreds of millions to self defense.

Takes a split second

Sigh...is this where you start babbling about 'yellow fringe' on flags, maritime law, and doctors who have worked '30 years at the CIA' again?

Agree

There is no limit on stupidity, especially when it comes to people who carry guns when going to a movie, the market or answering their door bell.

Hey, no mass shooter showed up to start killing people with an assault rifle. Why? Probably because this 'good guy with a gun' was there to ward off the mass shooter.

He's a goddamn hero, saving the lives of everyone in that theater! The woman was just collateral damage.

Nice strawman.

I looked it up.

Probably waving it at the bad guys in Benghazi

Probably tried to grab it as it fell.

Quick, someone wake up 2AGuy. Or maybe he'll avoid this one like he did the woman who shot at shoplifters in the HomeDepot parking lot (I think it was HomeDepot, anyway)

I looked it up.

RCW 9.41.098
Forfeiture of firearms — Disposition — Confiscation.

(1) The superior courts and the courts of limited jurisdiction of the state may order forfeiture of a firearm which is proven to be:
(e) In the possession of a person who is in any place in which a concealed pistol license is required, and who is under the influence of any drug or under the influence of intoxicating liquor, as defined in chapter 46.61 RCW;

[FONT=verdana, arial, sans-serif]RCW 9.41.098: Forfeiture of firearms—Disposition—Confiscation.[/FONT]

Takes a split second

Help keep a LOT of people from packing.

Which is your goal, a backdoor ban.

And take away the rights of hundreds of millions to self defense.

No more than a drivers license bans people from driving

I want gun owners to be responsible and have the proper training and skills to properly use a gun. Should be no problem for a responsible gun owner

Agree

There is no limit on stupidity, especially when it comes to people who carry guns when going to a movie, the market or answering their door bell.

There is no limit on stupidity. Especially when it comes to all sorts of things. People driving cars, people taking illegal drugs, people riding motorcycles without helmets, people walking and texting.

People get hurt and killed in all kinds of sad stupid ways.

Forum List

Back