Arpaio GUILTY of targeting Latinos

Arpaio Guilty as charged!

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was accused of targeting Latino drivers based on their race.

"Critics of Arpaio's immigration enforcement efforts, many of whom have for years accused the Sheriff's Office of discriminating against Latinos, said they felt vindicated by the ruling.

"It seems like what we have always known, that racial profiling was being done was brought out by Judge Snow, now I think we all need to look at the remedies," said Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox, a longtime critic of the sheriff's immigration policies.

"In my mind, people have been very abused in our communities," she said. We knew racial profiling was taking place and it was very hard to prove it.""

Who do you expect them to target for illegal immigration? Blacks? Whites?

I'm from Arizona, and let me tell you, you can easily tell who the illegals are. Its not just the color of their skin (but that is a start), its also the way they act, and when they don't speak any English its a very good indicator. Its very easy to tell who the American citizens are versus Mexican or other Latin country, even if their skin color is exactly the same, once they open up their mouth. Some of them might be legal immigrants, but how hard is it for them to show their papers or license once they've already been pulled over for another offense?

Its unbelievable how much liberals cry about us enforcing our own immigration laws. Try living in a different country and see how they enforce their laws.

try entering mexico illegally.

Why, when any American can enter it legally.

Strawman fail:razz:

Funny how Obama went from being the most intellectual President we ever had, to a complete dunce who supposedly doesn't even know what his own appointees and agencies are doing.

How many of the Hussein's stooges have to get caught red-handed breaking the law and abusing their power before you connect the dots?

I keep asking people to show me where Obama broke the law or Obama engaged in any wrongdoing and every time I get another song and dance like you just gave me.

I guess you also believe Hitler never authorized the "Final Solution" for Jews, because there is no writen order by him for it, and there is no other direct evidence he knew about it.

But we know about it because he preached against them, his underlings carried out his wishes, and result was millions of Jews died.

Obama slams the right every time he opens his mouth, his partisan hacks placed throughout every branch of government persecute them, and rob them of their rights. But hey there is no written Executive Order so he is innocent.

Liberal logic....gotta love it. :cuckoo:

The head of the IRS was a Bush appointee.

I keep asking people to show me where Obama broke the law or Obama engaged in any wrongdoing and every time I get another song and dance like you just gave me.

I guess you also believe Hitler never authorized the "Final Solution" for Jews, because there is no writen order by him for it, and there is no other direct evidence he knew about it.

But we know about it because he preached against them, his underlings carried out his wishes, and result was millions of Jews died.

Obama slams the right every time he opens his mouth, his partisan hacks placed throughout every branch of government persecute them, and rob them of their rights. But hey there is no written Executive Order so he is innocent.

lol, who didn't see this coming? it's Bush's fault

So the head of the IRS has no boss? Ridiculous.

But too complicated for MORONS like you to figure out... we know.

If you believe that Hispanics in Arizona, legal or not, deserve to be subjected to extra scrutiny by law enforcement because Hispanics are more likely to be illegals

then why wouldn't you think that non-profit applicants with political sounding names deserve to be subjected to extra scrutiny by the IRS because such groups are more likely to be political,

and thus not eligible for the tax status they are applying for?

What's the material difference, exactly?

Arpaio did not stop hispanics randomly to check them out. IF they were stopped for any other reason, his deputies also checked their immigration status.

they were not just cruising the streets and stopping anyone that looked like a mexican.

Incorrect.

That is exactly what they are doing.

From the ruling:

Mere unauthorized presence in this country, without more, is not a criminal
offense.

As demonstrated by the testimony of every MCSO officer at trial, the MCSO’s
LEAR policy directs its deputies to detain persons believed to be unauthorized aliens but
whom they cannot arrest on state charges. The focus of the LEAR policy on detaining
any removable alien as opposed to aliens who have committed criminal offenses
necessarily means that the MCSO is detaining persons based only on its suspicion that
they have committed a civil infraction of federal immigration law.
As a local law
enforcement agency without 287(g) authority, the MCSO has no statutory, inherent, or
constitutional authority to detain people for civil violations of federal immigration law.

Based on the factors set forth in Arlington Heights and discussed above, Plaintiffs
have established that the MCSO had sufficient intent to discriminate against Latino
occupants of motor vehicles. Further, the Court concludes that the MCSO had and
continues to have a facially discriminatory policy of considering Hispanic appearance
probative of whether a person is legally present in the country in violation of the Equal
Protection Clause.
The MCSO is thus permanently enjoined from using race, or allowing
its deputies and other agents to use race as a criteria in making law enforcement decisions
with respect to Latino occupants of vehicles in Maricopa County.

The MCSO’s LEAR policy is not authorized by Arizona v. United States, 8 U.S.C.
§ 1357(g)(10), or any other case or statute.
The policy is further in excess of the MCSO’s
constitutional authority because the policy’s focus on removable aliens as opposed to
aliens who have committed criminal offenses violates the strictures against unreasonable
seizures set forth in the Fourth Amendment.89

The MCSO’s use of Hispanic ancestry or race as a factor in
forming reasonable suspicion that persons have violated state
laws relating to immigration status violates the Equal Protection
Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment.

http://www.aclu.org/files/assets/arpaio_decision.pdf

Arpiao and his ‘policy’ are in direct violation of 4th Amendment search and seizure jurisprudence and the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment, where persons who ‘look Hispanic’ are singled-out for detention for suspicion of being in the country ‘illegally,’ something the Sheriff’s Office isn’t even authorized to do.

Needless to say the findings of the ruling come as no surprise, also unsurprising is the reaction to the ruling by many conservatives.

If you believe that Hispanics in Arizona, legal or not, deserve to be subjected to extra scrutiny by law enforcement because Hispanics are more likely to be illegals

then why wouldn't you think that non-profit applicants with political sounding names deserve to be subjected to extra scrutiny by the IRS because such groups are more likely to be political,

and thus not eligible for the tax status they are applying for?

What's the material difference, exactly?

Arpaio did not stop hispanics randomly to check them out. IF they were stopped for any other reason, his deputies also checked their immigration status.

they were not just cruising the streets and stopping anyone that looked like a mexican.

Incorrect.

From the ruling:

offense.

LEAR policy directs its deputies to detain persons believed to be unauthorized aliens but
whom they cannot arrest on state charges. The focus of the LEAR policy on detaining
necessarily means that the MCSO is detaining persons based only on its suspicion that
As a local law
enforcement agency without 287(g) authority, the MCSO has no statutory, inherent, or
constitutional authority to detain people for civil violations of federal immigration law.

Based on the factors set forth in Arlington Heights and discussed above, Plaintiffs
have established that the MCSO had sufficient intent to discriminate against Latino
continues to have a facially discriminatory policy of considering Hispanic appearance
probative of whether a person is legally present in the country in violation of the Equal
Protection Clause.
its deputies and other agents to use race as a criteria in making law enforcement decisions

constitutional authority because the policy’s focus on removable aliens as opposed to
aliens who have committed criminal offenses violates the strictures against unreasonable

Arpiao and his ‘policy’ are in direct violation of 4th Amendment search and seizure jurisprudence and the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment, where persons who ‘look Hispanic’ are singled-out for detention for suspicion of being in the country ‘illegally,’ something the Sheriff’s Office isn’t even authorized to do.

Needless to say the findings of the ruling come as no surprise, also unsurprising is the reaction to the ruling by many conservatives.

yeah yeah yeah...YAWN
You need a new high horse I think you've worn out this one

Last edited:

in which he has only ever donated to the DNC. See what bi-partisanship gets ya?

if you really think this is going to lessen anything toward what the feds have been up to, you are sorely wrong.

Incorrect.

From the ruling:

offense.

As a local law

Protection Clause.

yeah yeah yeah...YAWN
You need a new high horse I think you've worn out this one

Good deflection.:clap2:

So the head of the IRS has no boss? Ridiculous.

Do you have ANY evidence Obama did anything wrong?

Any whatsoever?

in which he has only ever donated to the DNC. See what bi-partisanship gets ya?

You should note that above the other poster is claiming that Obama PUT the people in the IRS who did whatever wrong was supposedly done.

Is that poster correct, or full of shit?

Forum List

Back