Arpaio GUILTY of targeting Latinos

I guess the Federal Judge has a point. Since the Federal Government passed a Law to make it Illegal for a Local Sheriff's Department to do a job that the Federal Government, fails to do to this day, we should all take comfort in knowing that it's all okay. ;) The DNC gets extra votes, the Elite get their Landscaping, their house cleaning, their kids watched for pennies on the dollar. All that added bullshit that gets dumped on the rest of us, well, I guess we are just blinded by our own prejudices. Nothing like paying a Fed to not only not do his or her job, but stop you from doing yours. It's a pretty cool spin on Catch-22. Lets take away the power of the people to preserve what's in their own interest, transfer the authority, jurisdiction, and responsibility over to the Federal Government, punch in, not do anything, say we did, and demonize Anyone that makes us look bad. ;) Pretty good scam. Not like there is a real Immigration problem in Arizona. ;) Hey let's reinvent Stupid. :):):) Did you have a Happy Cinco De Mayo??? It's Really big in NYC ;)

Is this a joke?
I wasnt aware it was illegal to be conservative

I didn't realize it was illegal to be a Mexican.

Its not if youre here legally

That’s not the issue.

At issue was assuming a person to be undocumented by appearance alone.

From the ruling.

Even if [the officers] saw enough to think that the occupants were of
Mexican descent, this factor alone would justify neither a reasonable belief
that they were aliens, nor a reasonable belief that the car concealed other
aliens who were illegally in the country. Large numbers of native-born and
naturalized citizens have the physical characteristics identified with
Mexican ancestry, and even in the border area a relatively small proportion
of them are aliens. The likelihood that any given person of Mexican
ancestry is an alien is high enough to make Mexican appearance a relevant
factor, but standing alone it does not justify stopping all Mexican-
Americans to ask if they are aliens.

So let me get this straight.

Conservatives get mad when the government singles them out for targeting (IRS-gate) but aren't upset when the government singles others out for targeting (Latinos/immigration).

Amirite?

Do we have a large influx of illegal conservatives in the country or trying to illegally cross the border? There is more than a minor difference between that and being targeted for extra attention by the I.R.S. for what seems to be purely political reasons while applying for tax exempt status.

501(c)s aren't supposed to be political, or at least mainly political. Yet all these Tea Party groups were filing as 501(c)s. Also, prior to the Tea Party, groups that claimed that it was unconstitutional for the government to collect income taxes, the 16th Amendment was illegally passed, etc., that filed as tax-exempt non-profits often used the name "Patriots" in their title. It's not a stretch that they might also use the term "Tea Party," and many Tea Party groups also used the word "Patriots" in their title.

See how easy it is to rationalize government power? Just like you're doing for Latinos. When the broad and discriminatory application of government power happens to others, people rationalize it away. But when the broad and discriminatory application of government power happens to you, those same people - unsurprisingly - protest it as being unjust and unfair.

Pretty funny how you talk about rationalizing Media Matters has tax exempt status yet they are clearly political and liberal when there was talk of pulling their tax exempt status the left would hear none of it they had no problem with political groups be given tax exempt status as long as they were liberal. Wanting the federal government to secure the border and enforce the nations immigration laws or to let the states do it if they are unwilling to is not rationalizing it is a reasonable expectation of government to consider that being unfair or profiling is truly off the charts.

I guess the Federal Judge has a point. Since the Federal Government passed a Law to make it Illegal for a Local Sheriff's Department to do a job that the Federal Government, fails to do to this day, we should all take comfort in knowing that it's all okay. ;) The DNC gets extra votes, the Elite get their Landscaping, their house cleaning, their kids watched for pennies on the dollar. All that added bullshit that gets dumped on the rest of us, well, I guess we are just blinded by our own prejudices. Nothing like paying a Fed to not only not do his or her job, but stop you from doing yours. It's a pretty cool spin on Catch-22. Lets take away the power of the people to preserve what's in their own interest, transfer the authority, jurisdiction, and responsibility over to the Federal Government, punch in, not do anything, say we did, and demonize Anyone that makes us look bad. ;) Pretty good scam. Not like there is a real Immigration problem in Arizona. ;) Hey let's reinvent Stupid. :):):) Did you have a Happy Cinco De Mayo??? It's Really big in NYC ;)

Hey, you forgot about the fence.

BTW, what the hell ever happened with the fence?:razz:

Arpaio Guilty as charged!

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was accused of targeting Latino drivers based on their race.

"Critics of Arpaio's immigration enforcement efforts, many of whom have for years accused the Sheriff's Office of discriminating against Latinos, said they felt vindicated by the ruling.

"It seems like what we have always known, that racial profiling was being done was brought out by Judge Snow, now I think we all need to look at the remedies," said Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox, a longtime critic of the sheriff's immigration policies.

"In my mind, people have been very abused in our communities," she said. We knew racial profiling was taking place and it was very hard to prove it.""

Talk to ANY cop off the record and they racially profile as a NECESSITY, because it's efficient and SUCCESSFUL.

I have a cop-friend who works in Maywood area of the city. He racial profiles WHITES. If a white boy regardless of car is in the area, they are immediately pulled over and searched for drugs. 10 out of 10 times they find drugs!

I have other cop friends that see the white boy with a long hair and beard, bam pull them over, because their is drugs in the car.

The biggest leftist hinderance on law enforcement is that cops SHOULDN'T racially profile, yet it's the most effective and NECESSARY way to fight crime!

Wow that's great! Pull anyone who looks like they may be guilty over and search their car, you are bound to find something. After all it is a necessity because cops can't do their job with stupid probable cause getting in their way. Oh wait...probable cause now is looking a certain way or being in a certain place. Awesome, that's the American way! Like you say, 10 out of 10 times who they target is guilty, they have never pulled over someone who isn't. No brainer, anyone who looks like they may be guilty shall be searched! The police always know who is guilty, they shouldn't be bound by stupid legalities. Free reign for the police and our crime problems are solved! No rights for the guilty looking ones. :cuckoo: The land of the free!

So, how bad must it get before we start enforcing out immigration law? You know, if our government would actually do it's job, maybe the states wouldn't have to resort to such extreme measures to enforce the law.

Sheriff Joe is looking for Illegals in Maricopa County Arizona.

Should he be looking for 6'3" Blondes with a Swedish accent or 5"8" dark skinned people who speak Spanish?

i think that a more appropriate question would be why the sheriff is looking for illegal aliens at all. There is no county ordianace against an alien not having papers. Sheriff Joe is totally outside his jurisdiction.

Do we have a large influx of illegal conservatives in the country or trying to illegally cross the border? There is more than a minor difference between that and being targeted for extra attention by the I.R.S. for what seems to be purely political reasons while applying for tax exempt status.

501(c)s aren't supposed to be political, or at least mainly political. Yet all these Tea Party groups were filing as 501(c)s. Also, prior to the Tea Party, groups that claimed that it was unconstitutional for the government to collect income taxes, the 16th Amendment was illegally passed, etc., that filed as tax-exempt non-profits often used the name "Patriots" in their title. It's not a stretch that they might also use the term "Tea Party," and many Tea Party groups also used the word "Patriots" in their title.

See how easy it is to rationalize government power? Just like you're doing for Latinos. When the broad and discriminatory application of government power happens to others, people rationalize it away. But when the broad and discriminatory application of government power happens to you, those same people - unsurprisingly - protest it as being unjust and unfair.

Pretty funny how you talk about rationalizing Media Matters has tax exempt status yet they are clearly political and liberal when there was talk of pulling their tax exempt status the left would hear none of it they had no problem with political groups be given tax exempt status as long as they were liberal. Wanting the federal government to secure the border and enforce the nations immigration laws or to let the states do it if they are unwilling to is not rationalizing it is a reasonable expectation of government to consider that being unfair or profiling is truly off the charts.

Let me make this really clear.

Profiling conservative groups is wrong.

Profiling Mexicans is wrong.

If one is OK with one but not the other, one is a hypocrite.

I hope that clears things up.

Let me make this really clear.

Profiling conservative groups is wrong.

Profiling Mexicans is wrong.

If one is OK with one but not the other, one is a hypocrite.

I hope that clears things up.

Sorry but hypocrites don't let facts get in the way.:cuckoo:

Is it even possible to discuss issues with the left in a historic concept? FDR was the freaking hero for all time in the democrat party and he didn't just target certain races, he put American citizens behind barbed wire in concentration camps. FDR's crooked minions on the west coast confiscated the property of the Japanese Americans who had about 48 hours to rid themselves of their valuable real estate. Today we have ....Hispanic criminals flooding the borders and a freaking federal judge accuses a courageous Sheriff of "racial profiling"? The world is upside down in the minds of liberals.

Is it even possible to discuss issues with the left in a historic concept? FDR was the freaking hero for all time in the democrat party and he didn't just target certain races, he put American citizens behind barbed wire in concentration camps. FDR's crooked minions on the west coast confiscated the property of the Japanese Americans who had about 48 hours to rid themselves of their valuable real estate. Today we have ....Hispanic criminals flooding the borders and a freaking federal judge accuses a courageous Sheriff of "racial profiling"? The world is upside down in the minds of liberals.

That's a sophistic analogy.

We are not at war with Mexico.

Arpaio Guilty as charged!

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office was accused of targeting Latino drivers based on their race.

"Critics of Arpaio's immigration enforcement efforts, many of whom have for years accused the Sheriff's Office of discriminating against Latinos, said they felt vindicated by the ruling.

"It seems like what we have always known, that racial profiling was being done was brought out by Judge Snow, now I think we all need to look at the remedies," said Maricopa County Supervisor Mary Rose Wilcox, a longtime critic of the sheriff's immigration policies.

"In my mind, people have been very abused in our communities," she said. We knew racial profiling was taking place and it was very hard to prove it.""
Activist judge making a stupid decision, right up a libtards ally. Go sheriff Joe.

Yep, Kyl and McCain should be brought up on charges for recommending an activist judge to dubya Bush and-----and for appointing the activist judge for senate confirmation, Bush should be reinstated so conservatives can impeach his activist appointing ass.

Republicans are a strange lot -- they recommend the activist guy they want-then-get the activist guy they want appointed-then-get the activist guy they want confirmed-then-bitch about the way their activist guy does the activist job they wanted him to do-----stuh-uh-range!
cute-smiley-tongue-in-cheek-emoticon.gif

Talk to ANY cop off the record and they racially profile as a NECESSITY, because it's efficient and SUCCESSFUL.

I have a cop-friend who works in Maywood area of the city. He racial profiles WHITES. If a white boy regardless of car is in the area, they are immediately pulled over and searched for drugs. 10 out of 10 times they find drugs!

I have other cop friends that see the white boy with a long hair and beard, bam pull them over, because their is drugs in the car.

The biggest leftist hinderance on law enforcement is that cops SHOULDN'T racially profile, yet it's the most effective and NECESSARY way to fight crime!

Wow that's great! Pull anyone who looks like they may be guilty over and search their car, you are bound to find something. After all it is a necessity because cops can't do their job with stupid probable cause getting in their way. Oh wait...probable cause now is looking a certain way or being in a certain place. Awesome, that's the American way! Like you say, 10 out of 10 times who they target is guilty, they have never pulled over someone who isn't. No brainer, anyone who looks like they may be guilty shall be searched! The police always know who is guilty, they shouldn't be bound by stupid legalities. Free reign for the police and our crime problems are solved! No rights for the guilty looking ones. :cuckoo: The land of the free!

So, how bad must it get before we start enforcing out immigration law? You know, if our government would actually do it's job, maybe the states wouldn't have to resort to such extreme measures to enforce the law.

I am all for the govt. enforcing current immigration laws and wish they would finally get serious about it. I can understand why border states especially are frustrated. The issue needs to be resolved.

I am against giving up rights to that end. No one should get pulled over and searched without real reason like GHook wrote. Tail light out? Ran a stop? License plate not valid? Etc. Pull them over. See evidence of drugs in the vehicle? Search it. Driver or passengers are illegal? Deport them. Targeting someone for a stereotype and detaining/searching without real reason or consent goes too far.

True.

It also a failed attempt to deflect.

True.

It also a failed attempt to deflect.

Like they like to say - FDR is no longer President.

What FDR did with the Japanese Americans is universally condemned, by both parties, and by all political persuasions. NOBODY is claiming that it was justified, or that it should set a precedent for today. The concentration camps for these people remains a stain on America, and I have never met anyone who defends it.

why are conservatives targeting people? WHY?!!! :mad:

The question should be, "why are all illegals NOT aggressively targeted by our government?" The next question should be, "why is our government targeting law abiding groups, like the Tea Party"?

Any one with half a brain knows the answers...

Forum List

Back