Arrest the NBC reporter!

And after all the noise and fury, SIGNIFYING NOTHING, we have a dead UNARMED black teenager and his stalking murderer walking free.

it's simple people.
If the races were reversed, would you people have such a problem with it?

Zimmerman acted against the police dispatchers orders.
But apparently, disobeying police officers isn't enough of a hint about his character for you guys. Oh no.
Yes, here was a completely innnocent armed man, following a teen armed with the double deadly weapons of Skittles and Iced tea.

Zimmerman's actions directly led to the kid being killed. No matter what. Had Zimmerman not been an asshole, Trayvon would be alive.
That's at LEAST a manslaughter charge EVERYWHERE in the United States.

Well, you've added significant value to the discussion.

Not.

Repeating overly emotional, hysteria and bullshit does not help you make a rational argument. Just sayin'.

Unfortunately for all of us, Corporations faught for and won the right to lie. Thank Fox News and Nike for this.

Now Corporations Claim The "Right To Lie"
So you don't understand the difference between commercial speech and the press.

Not surprising, considering the fact that you find commondreams.org a worthwhile source.

The attorneys for Fox successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

Appellate Court Rules Media Can Legally Lie.

On February 14, 2003 a Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization. The court reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information. The ruling basically declares it is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.
The attorneys for Fox argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

And they won.
The First Amendment's a bitch, ain't it, bobo?

Unfortunately for all of us, Corporations faught for and won the right to lie. Thank Fox News and Nike for this.

Now Corporations Claim The "Right To Lie"

Not surprising, considering the fact that you find commondreams.org a worthwhile source.

Maybe you are using the technicality that Fox isn't really "news"? I would agree. Its propoganda.

The Media Can Legally Lie
What exactly is "propoganda," brainchild?

I don't watch television news as it is for idiots.

And after all the noise and fury, SIGNIFYING NOTHING, we have a dead UNARMED black teenager and his stalking murderer walking free.

it's simple people.
If the races were reversed, would you people have such a problem with it?

Zimmerman acted against the police dispatchers orders.
But apparently, disobeying police officers isn't enough of a hint about his character for you guys. Oh no.
Yes, here was a completely innnocent armed man, following a teen armed with the double deadly weapons of Skittles and Iced tea.

Zimmerman's actions directly led to the kid being killed. No matter what. Had Zimmerman not been an asshole, Trayvon would be alive.
That's at LEAST a manslaughter charge EVERYWHERE in the United States.

:clap2:

Maybe you are using the technicality that Fox isn't really "news"? I would agree. Its propoganda.

The Media Can Legally Lie

If its for idiots, why aren't you tuning in?

The attorneys for Fox successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

Appellate Court Rules Media Can Legally Lie.

On February 14, 2003 a Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization. The court reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information. The ruling basically declares it is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.
The attorneys for Fox argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

And they won.
The First Amendment's a bitch, ain't it, bobo?

The actual court case (which, incidentally was supported by every major broadcast news outlet in the United States - the drooling hordes on the left tend to ignore that little snippet...)... it was about a news organization being able to control its own content. Wasn't about 'lying'... that's just spin.

No I don't. Please explain.
Press:
Lovell v. City of Griffin said:
The press, in its historic connotation, comprehends every sort of publication which affords a vehicle of information and opinion.
Commercial speech:
Pittsburgh Press Co. v. Human Relations Comm'n said:
... speech which does no more than propose a commercial transaction.

Thanks. But so what? I showed you that the courts ruled Fox can lie. So why can't NBC? You are suggesting that NBC can't lie because they aren't Commercial speech?

And yes the Second Amendment is a bitch, for you, because it works both ways. We're strapping too. But we don't murder unarmed boys. We beat your ass like that kid beat Zimmerman's and you pussies pull out guns. :lol:

Press:Commercial speech:

Thanks. But so what? I showed you that the courts ruled Fox can lie. So why can't NBC? You are suggesting that NBC can't lie because they aren't Commercial speech?

And yes the Second Amendment is a bitch, for you, because it works both ways. We're strapping too. But we don't murder unarmed boys. We beat your ass like that kid beat Zimmerman's and you pussies pull out guns. :lol:

You do know that Zimmerman is a registered Democrat, right?

Its [sic] no surprise that you are, bobo.

You whined and cried for me to back up my statement. I have.

Now ... ?

And I showed you that the courts ruled that Fox News can lie. So you may know the difference difference between the press and commercial speech, but that doesn't change the fact that you are wrong in your assumption.

What was your point in showing the difference between the press and commercial speech? Are you saying that the press can not lie?

Its so hard to debate with you righties because you say things that don't matter and think you proved something.

Yet we aren't defending him???

But you are because you are a racist who's brainwashed by Fox and the NRA.

And I'm not talking about Herman Cain's National Restaurant Association lobby group.

What in the blue hell are you talking about, bobo?
  1. I didn't say NBC can't lie.
  2. I said the First Amendment, not the Second.
  3. I never defended Zimmerman.
  4. Who's "we," and whose ass have you beaten?
  5. I was raised to not engage in using racial slurs like "boy" when referring to black people. Too bad you weren't.
Any other delusions you'd like to get out there?

Now ... ?

And I showed you that the courts ruled that Fox News can lie. So you may know the difference difference between the press and commercial speech, but that doesn't change the fact that you are wrong in your assumption.

What was your point in showing the difference between the press and commercial speech? Are you saying that the press can not lie?

Its so hard to debate with you righties because you say things that don't matter and think you proved something.

That was not the ruling asswipe.

But before you blow a cork we had a similar suit. Dem vs dem that was specifically about lying. The dem court ruled you can lie, this was before this case.

Get up to speed. Damn your ignorance is not something to be admired.

And I'm not talking about Herman Cain's National Restaurant Association lobby group.

So who is the 'you pussies' in your post? Democrats?

As far as I am concerned, Zimmerman is entitled to due process.... and I would be saying the same thing if he was black and Martin was white.... I support the process of establishing the facts.... you apparently prefer overly emotional hysteria. That's fine... as long as you don't mind looking like a dumbass.

I'm gonna ignore the 'racist' whine.... SOP for the leftists... when all else is failing, play the race card... then rant about Fox (fyi - I don't watch Fox).... but since facts are insignificant... don't let that stop you.

Last edited:

Now ... ?

I'm showing that your precious little commondreams article doesn't prove what you think it does, dipshit. :lmao:

And, I'm not a "rightie."

For altering the Trayvon audio tape. He intentionally omitted the 9-11 operator asking Zimmerman what race Trayvon was to make it sound like Zimmerman is a racist. This is the equivalent of yelling fire in a theatre in my opinion. The leftist dominated media have absolutely no shame or morals, they tried and convicted Zimmerman on the airwaves. Of course now we realize there is much more to the story, not that it wasn't obvious from the beginning.

While I agree this guy's a scumbag, I must ask, arrest him for what? Dishonesty? If we did that, there'd be no news outlets left.

:badgrin:

So who is the 'you pussies' in your post? Democrats?

As far as I am concerned, Zimmerman is entitled to due process.... and I would be saying the same thing if he was black and Martin was white.... I support the process of establishing the facts.... you apparently prefer overly emotional hysteria. That's fine... as long as you don't mind looking like a dumbass.

Then we agree! Because we aren't saying he's guilty. We think a jury of his peers should decide that. But as of right now, he hasn't even been charged.

Now ... ?

I'm showing that your precious little commondreams article doesn't prove what you think it does, dipshit. :lmao:

The courts didn't rule that Fox has the right to lie?

For altering the Trayvon audio tape. He intentionally omitted the 9-11 operator asking Zimmerman what race Trayvon was to make it sound like Zimmerman is a racist. This is the equivalent of yelling fire in a theatre in my opinion. The leftist dominated media have absolutely no shame or morals, they tried and convicted Zimmerman on the airwaves. Of course now we realize there is much more to the story, not that it wasn't obvious from the beginning.

Lighten up, Francis.

First it was a producer and he/she has been fired.

Second, if you go around arresting every producer or reporter who pulled something like this, well there's not a news agency around that would have anyone to put on screen to read you the days events and how you're supposed to feel and think about them...

The courts didn't rule that Fox has the right to lie?
Not in the Nike case cited in your article. Not even the writer claims that.

Forum List

Back