Artful Homemade Quilts Have A Way

Hey- I'M drawn to this thread.

I don't quilt, of course, but some men do...

ManQuilters - An Online Community for Man Quilters

Don't know when I've enjoyed a quilt link more, Mr. H. I'm going to spend more time in there when I'm not doing so much work on quilts. :)

In the meantime, I got some blocks joined on the army quilt. Since they're all so similar, I'm just going to post one.

Also, I had to visit the quilt shop. I only have one bazillion greens in my stash, but I decided to do the first border in a match to the lightest green on the camouflage fabric, and guess which color I couldn't match. :rolleyes: Yep. The light green. I now have a match, but haven't gotten to the outside border yet. I'm too busy dreading the boredom of only 2 fabrics. If they were red or blue, though... well, who knows. You never know what's going to put you to sleep until you get there. I'm there, but it may have nothing to do with the colors. I usually charge right through greens.

Here is the junction, like all the others that will appear on the 24-block quilt top:

The Egyptian quilters are men. They started as tent makers. I posted their pic a while back.
Those quilts and tapestries were icons of workmanship!

And for guests staying over the night in the coffee shop for the all-night card party, cots are in the closet, and you can pick a cover...

the-quilt-top-cupboard0063.jpg

Good night, all. :)

And for guests staying over the night in the coffee shop for the all-night card party, cots are in the closet, and you can pick a cover...

Wow Becki! You are awesome! You made all of those? I might need one soon. It was 59 overnight here. I have been in North Carolina for 25 years. It hardly EVER gets below 70 overnight in August. Global warming? I don't think so.

Wow Becki! You are awesome! You made all of those? I might need one soon. It was 59 overnight here. I have been in North Carolina for 25 years. It hardly EVER gets below 70 overnight in August. Global warming? I don't think so.
No, but thanks for the thought, Bloodrock. I gave 110 quilts to charity last year, but the above picture came from surfing the net and joking around. I don't take pictures with anything but my little Canon scanner that was likely some kind of Wallyworld overstock item last year after Christmas. :lol: :lol:

Quilt Top mission, Check! :)

She's all done, thanks to getting up long before the rooster and finishing in my sleep. This little top measures a little under 48x68" but is bigger than the last couple of quilts, I think.

Ones like this often will go to the H.E.A.R.T.S. Museum Quilters group that meets on Tuesdays, and they quilt all day for U.S. Veterans here and everywhere.

The tops are given to Charity Bees division of the Tall Pines Quilt Guild group who quilt the tops for local needs and distribute where the need is the greatest. I'm so grateful they find my little tops useful, somehow, to those who need them.

:huddle:

Attachments

• $Youre in the Army Now Quilt Top Borders 48x69.jpg
    $Youre in the Army Now Quilt Top Borders 48x69.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 11
Well, me being out of rep after last night, guess I will go take a nap, having gotten up 6 hours ago to complete my top. *yawn*

Have a lovely day, everyone. ;)

Forever blues:

Attachments

• $totally blue etsy quilt.jpg
    $totally blue etsy quilt.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 13
  • $b woven blues  stain glassed look.jpg
    $b woven blues stain glassed look.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 9
  • $Crumb blocks.jpg
    $Crumb blocks.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 20
Some circular blue quilts for those of us enamored by blue:

Attachments

• $Runaround blue quilt.jpg
    $Runaround blue quilt.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 10
  • $Blue circle quilt.jpg
    $Blue circle quilt.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 11
  • $ProsperityStuff+Round+EPP+in+blue.jpg
    $ProsperityStuff+Round+EPP+in+blue.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I slept in shifts last night. 12-4, 8-3.

[MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION]

Have you ever been tested for a sleep disorder? A sleep disorder like sleep apnea can shorten your life. Your primary care MD can order the test for you.

Thank you for caring enough to ask. :) No, I have not. I usually sleep very well, except my twice-a-year-or-so insomnia. But switching to graveyard is a major spanner to normal sleep patterns.

I slept in shifts last night. 12-4, 8-3.

Have you ever been tested for a sleep disorder? A sleep disorder like sleep apnea can shorten your life. Your primary care MD can order the test for you.

Thank you for caring enough to ask. :) No, I have not. I usually sleep very well, except my twice-a-year-or-so insomnia. But switching to graveyard is a major spanner to normal sleep patterns.

Yes the switch is rough. I used to do two graveyard shifts every other week, moonlighting. My blood pressure was off the chart. The folks I know who consistently do graveyard and cope well with it do it just like they had moved to the China. They do EVERYTHING they can around that schedule and only occasionally break that rule.

Yes the switch is rough. I used to do two graveyard shifts every other week, moonlighting. My blood pressure was off the chart. The folks I know who consistently do graveyard and cope well with it do it just like they had moved to the China. They do EVERYTHING they can around that schedule and only occasionally break that rule.

I did graveyard for eight years. Several times my mom called and asked if I wanted to do lunch. Most times, I burst into tears. The last time I snapped "SURE! And I'll call you Tuesday at 2:00 a.m. and see if you want to go to Perkins!"

Wow. What you girls did to raise your children. My hat's off to Sunshine. And my hat's off to B.D.Boop. May God hold in his hands all the moms who worked the night shift while rearing a family. :eusa_pray:

I ran out of medicine Sunday. Forgot to pick up prescription Monday. Slept all day today due to having to take the one that stops cramps early in the day instead of at night. Otherwise it would have been screaming pain until I took it anyway. It'll take a couple of days. I couldn't even stay awake at the sewing machine after taking it. zzzzzz

My problems seem so small.

Last edited:
This quilt was so restorative in coloration, I sent it to "my pictures" and selected it for desktop for preferences from my pictures. It truly stops the pain from my dry-eye syndrome problem. Just sharing:

7490bb9e5cb222dd85691110d35061e7.jpg

I like it because most of the light blues have little white in them. The blue quilts I've made in the past dance with a contrast of textures from my blue-on-white stash collection. So for this week's project, I'm making a far simpler charity bees quilt, but incorporating a light blue fabric 2-yards I picked up on ebay for a song. It takes one and a quarter yard to do 48 blocks if I use only one light fabric, more or less. It pays to buy 2 yards in case I screw up on cutting. I can't count the number of times I've miscounted on the cutting table. When my feet hurt, I can't think straight, and standing for over an hour cutting strips does it every time. So I'm still learning to parse cutting into 3 or 4 sessions if possible.

If my little panaceas for sticking with the program help anyone here who quilts but choses to just surf, I'd be so pleased to know it. As we get older, we can't stand as long, body parts hurt, medicines detract us from sticking with projects, etc. I just try to make graphic what anyone can do to bypass nature by amending old habits to aid in the completion of a quilt. I thank the maker of the above jeans quilt for her unique inspiration to me on the comfort her quilt brings to my eyes without sacrificing its total beauty. ;)

I'd like to credit the source: it's an etsy shop named Milkweed Quilts. The quilt may be for or had been for sale sometime this year. It's truly easy on the eyes.​

Wow. What you girls did to raise your children. My hat's off to Sunshine. And my hat's off to B.D.Boop. May God hold in his hands all the moms who worked the night shift while rearing a family. :eusa_pray:

I ran out of medicine Sunday. Forgot to pick up prescription Monday. Slept all day today due to having to take the one that stops cramps early in the day instead of at night. Otherwise it would have been screaming pain until I took it anyway. It'll take a couple of days. I couldn't even stay awake at the sewing machine after taking it. zzzzzz

My problems seem so small.

((((( B ))))) <---- gentle hugs ;)

Forum List

Back