Artful Homemade Quilts Have A Way

WP_20151225_071.jpg
The grandgirl loves it. I did a little stitching in the ditch, it turned out nice.

Not a true quilt, only rudimentary and uneven piecing, I just needed to get it thrown together for the grand girl lol.
It's totally beautiful, koshergrl. You're doing something on the line of collage-style work, and it is imho a work of art to do putting things together in a way that makes people feel like they are loved. That's as best as can be in quilting. Just lovely. My words don't start to tell you how good that is... *sigh* /philosopher

One more for the road (library time almost up):
5023005224_04f4f8835a_z.jpg

Visit this "blogspot from Germany on redwork quilts" to get the credits: Redwork in Germany

I rate this one in the winner's circle! Shoko Saki from Japan is the artist, according to the delightful discussion of one viewer there. *sigh*​

I have a sewing room now...I'm so pooped when I get home I haven't done much of anything though I did make the girl's blankie....and some other little stuff here and there. But it's soooo nice having a spot for sewing. I bought my boy a suit for Christmas..I only have him a few days so it was super nice to have the sewing machine all set up so I could hem his pants right then and there. Once the house clears out after New Year's, I'm going to set up my niece's quilt at the kitchen table so I can finish quilting it..and I'm working on piecing my son's quilt in the sewing room. I find I really need a table for each machine..though I have a long table in the sewing room, it isn't long enough for quilting AND piecing.

There are a lot of good quilting machines for small spaces, koshergrl.

And sorry the image did not show for the above credited charity quilt. I'm sure the sponsors are good folk, and might like visitors to see their inspiring work, so at least the link seems to work. It was chosen by me for simplicity and beauty. The charity bit was a definite decider and :thumbsup: deal.

I have a brother quilting machine, but I need a frame. Wrestling with huge quilts on the little sewing machine table is a pain.

Forum List

Back