As a Jew this is hard for me to explain

What were the ancient Jews passing down from generation to generation via the thousands of pages they composed?
You want me to walk you through it?
Please walk me through Tanakh...
Let's start with the Torah and see how it goes from there. Remember... quid pro quo.

The central question is where did we come from? The Torah addresses that question head on right out of the gate. Do you agree?
Start with B’reishis 1:1 since that’s what the ancients started with.
We're going to start with Genesis 1. In the beginning. Do you agree that Genesis 1 is ancient man's understanding of where we come from?
No, it is God dictating to Moshe the fact that God created us and so we are obligated to God.

What were the ancient Jews passing down from generation to generation via the thousands of pages they composed?
Let's start with the Torah and see how it goes from there. Remember... quid pro quo.

The central question is where did we come from? The Torah addresses that question head on right out of the gate. Do you agree?
God informs us that only He is not finite by stating, “In the beginning God...”.
So before what can be defined as beginning is God.
I agree that God is the beginning and the end the Alpha and the Omega. God has existed forever and is unchanging. God is existence.
You have to read The Way Of God.

We're going to start with Genesis 1. In the beginning. Do you agree that Genesis 1 is ancient man's understanding of where we come from?
No, it is God dictating to Moshe the fact that God created us and so we are obligated to God.
I don't disagree. Genesis 1 tells the account of God creating the universe and that we are a product of that creation.

I don't disagree. Genesis 1 tells the account of God creating the universe and that we are a product of that creation.
Good!
It’s not an allegory.

God informs us that only He is not finite by stating, “In the beginning God...”.
I agree that God is the beginning and the end the Alpha and the Omega. God has existed forever and is unchanging. God is existence.
Nope. Never read it. I have been led to my beliefs I believe through the spirit of God. I can't explain it any other way.

Good!
It’s not an allegory.
It is an allegorical description of creation. One that has been proven by science.

Nope. Never read it. I have been led to my beliefs I believe through the spirit of God. I can't explain it any other way.
The Ramchal uses Scripture to explain the structure of existence.

Good!
It’s not an allegory.
It is an allegorical description of creation. One that has been proven by science.
It’s not allegorical.
What makes the Big Bang allegorical?
Why is the creation of the metaphysical and physical allegorical?

My bad. That was a recommendation.

Good!
It’s not an allegory.
It’s not allegorical.
It isn't. The description of it is. That's what makes it an allegorical account.

The Ramchal uses Scripture to explain the structure of existence.
I should read that then.

Good!
It’s not an allegory.
It’s not allegorical.
It isn't. The description of it is. That's what makes it an allegorical account.
What description in which verse?

Good!
It’s not an allegory.
It’s not allegorical.

This is why I don't discuss matter of faith with non-Jews. There is no common point of reference. It is literally like having and argument between two people speaking different languages.

Good!
It’s not an allegory.
It’s not allegorical.
All of it. None of it is a literal description.

Good!
It’s not an allegory.
It’s not allegorical.

This is why I don't discuss matter of faith with non-Jews. There is no common point of reference. It is literally like having and argument between two people speaking different languages.
I believe they are called differences of opinion and that's a good thing.

Good!
It’s not an allegory.
It’s not allegorical.
All of it. None of it is a literal description.
I need a starting verse; Jews are lawyers.

Good!
It’s not an allegory.
It’s not allegorical.

My co-workers find me much more interesting than their priests and ministers.

Good!
It’s not an allegory.
It’s not allegorical.

I believe they are called differences of opinion and that's a good thing.

A. It's not opinion

B. I don't care about yours

These accounts were written this way so that they could be passed down orally from generation to generation. Moses didn't make this shit up when he wrote it down for the first time. It was common knowledge.

Forum List

Back