As a Jew this is hard for me to explain

Good!
It’s not an allegory.
It is an allegorical description of creation. One that has been proven by science.
It’s not allegorical.
What makes the Big Bang allegorical?
Why is the creation of the metaphysical and physical allegorical?

This is why I don't discuss matter of faith with non-Jews. There is no common point of reference. It is literally like having and argument between two people speaking different languages.
I believe they are called differences of opinion and that's a good thing.

A. It's not opinion

B. I don't care about yours
A. Yes, it is.

B. Then leave because I'm giving it.

These accounts were written this way so that they could be passed down orally from generation to generation. Moses didn't make this shit up when he wrote it down for the first time. It was common knowledge.
The Noachides knew about creation but they did not receive a face to face, crystal clear oration of what had occurred step by step.

You people believe they discussed the big bang? Seriously? No. The point of Genesis 1 is the origin of existence. The origin of the natural world. It's no wonder why so many Jews are atheists. You guys are missing the main point. Instead you want to argue of semantics.

It is an allegorical description of creation. One that has been proven by science.
It’s not allegorical.

This is why I don't discuss matter of faith with non-Jews. There is no common point of reference. It is literally like having and argument between two people speaking different languages.

A. It's not opinion

A. Yes, it is.

I've been hearing xtians give me the benefit of their 'knowledge' since I can remember.

White noise.

These accounts were written this way so that they could be passed down orally from generation to generation. Moses didn't make this shit up when he wrote it down for the first time. It was common knowledge.
The Noachides knew about creation but they did not receive a face to face, crystal clear oration of what had occurred step by step.
I agree. Again the main point of the account is that God created the natural world; existence; the universe; space and time.

You people believe they discussed the big bang? Seriously? No. The point of Genesis 1 is the origin of existence. The origin of the natural world. It's no wonder why so many Jews are atheists. You guys are missing the main point. Instead you want to argue of semantics.
There are Jewish commentators, not to mention Talmudic explanations, that the universe started off from a tiny spec and expanded.

It’s not allegorical.

A. It's not opinion

A. Yes, it is.

I've been hearing xtians give me the benefit of their 'knowledge' since I can remember.

White noise.
Do me a favor and fuck off. Ever hear that? I'm guessing yes.

A. It's not opinion

A. Yes, it is.

White noise.
You have to admit that you have been testy at times.

There are Jewish commentators, not to mention Talmudic explanations that the universe started off from a tiny spec and expanded.
You are proving my point that it is an allegorical account of creation because that's not exactly what Genesis says.

A. It's not opinion

A. Yes, it is.

White noise.
Yes, I give back what I get. Usually better.

A. It's not opinion

A. Yes, it is.

White noise.
No more so than most. Usually quite less.

There are Jewish commentators, not to mention Talmudic explanations that the universe started off from a tiny spec and expanded.
You are proving my point that it is an allegorical account of creation because that's not exactly what Genesis says.
How do you know?
Creation is described in Tehillim and Prophets also.
No prophet prophesized what Moshe did not hear from God; it’s our job to find it.

A. It's not opinion

A. Yes, it is.

White noise.
Yes, I give back what I get. Usually better.

Yea, you're a real Oscar Wilde.

How do you know?
No prophet prophesized what Moshe did not hear from God; it’s our job to find it.
Written and recorded later, right?

I love the jews ....and bagels

Hate me sum communist jews ....yes zir
and its not really cause theyre jews anyway

How do you know?
What’s the difference between written and recorded?

Are we ready to move on?
It seems as though you are about to skip 100 verses; can’t do that.
1:2...take it away...
Feel free to discuss the steps I am skipping and how they aren't discussing the creation of the material world.

Because from where I am sitting there is nothing I am skipping that isn't about the creation of the material world.

What am I missing?

How do you know?
Dictated by the mouth of God; is that a problem?

Forum List

Back