As a man, I find the stereotypical "manly" man obnoxious

I read the list. I think it's entirely legit. But since the beginning of this thread you speak in support of the cave man shit I was complaining about in my OP. This list you posted is clearly deeper than that and without those stupid cliches. Don't get me wrong: some "manly" shit is reasonable like the guy deciding when and where the date is. He has a sense of assertiveness. I get that you find that attractive. What's stupid is you think any guy who acts manly automatically is manly. I say that's stupid. Bragging about beer, 4-wheelers, and guns doesn't make you manly - it makes you a douche bag.
The kind of man I'm attracted to is intelligent, responsible, fun and likes outdoor physical stuff as well i.e. Rock climbing, boating etc. In that order.
Women can't help it if they like a bit of macho, it's probably hard wired to a degree.
The kind of man I'm attracted to is intelligent, responsible, fun and likes outdoor physical stuff as well i.e. Rock climbing, boating etc. In that order.
Women can't help it if they like a bit of macho, it's probably hard wired to a degree.
All of those qualities are reasonable. I'm just asking you to see through the machismo bullshit some guys present.

Hold up now...
I like to fish,hunt,camp,off road in my Tundra and my Polaris and all other means of outdoor fun.
What exactly is machismo about it?
Lol well it's lame if you brag about those hobbies and delude yourself into thinking that's what being a man is all about. Don't get me wrong - those hobbies are fine. That isn't the point. Do those things but don't expect anyone to be respect you because you do them.
Why is it bragging to talk about these things?
He is trying to connect those hobbies with being a "real man"z
I read the list. I think it's entirely legit. But since the beginning of this thread you speak in support of the cave man shit I was complaining about in my OP. This list you posted is clearly deeper than that and without those stupid cliches. Don't get me wrong: some "manly" shit is reasonable like the guy deciding when and where the date is. He has a sense of assertiveness. I get that you find that attractive. What's stupid is you think any guy who acts manly automatically is manly. I say that's stupid. Bragging about beer, 4-wheelers, and guns doesn't make you manly - it makes you a douche bag.
All of those qualities are reasonable. I'm just asking you to see through the machismo bullshit some guys present.

Hold up now...
I like to fish,hunt,camp,off road in my Tundra and my Polaris and all other means of outdoor fun.
Lol well it's lame if you brag about those hobbies and delude yourself into thinking that's what being a man is all about. Don't get me wrong - those hobbies are fine. That isn't the point. Do those things but don't expect anyone to respect you because you do them.
Billy, what are your hobbies?
There are a lot of outdoor activities I enjoy like camping or whitewater rafting.. My point is, doing those activities doesn't define my masculinity.

Who says it does?
The wife and I enjoy white water kayaking and I can assure you she's all women.

Hold up now...
Lol well it's lame if you brag about those hobbies and delude yourself into thinking that's what being a man is all about. Don't get me wrong - those hobbies are fine. That isn't the point. Do those things but don't expect anyone to be respect you because you do them.
Hold up now...
Lol well it's lame if you brag about those hobbies and delude yourself into thinking that's what being a man is all about. Don't get me wrong - those hobbies are fine. That isn't the point. Do those things but don't expect anyone to respect you because you do them.
There are a lot of outdoor activities I enjoy like camping or whitewater rafting.. My point is, doing those activities doesn't define my masculinity.
Thanks. I agree. But if you talked about them I wouldn't think you were bragging.
Well yeah the context of me doing that matters, but in HereWeGoAgain's case, he thinks those activities are what defines his masculinity and I say that's stupid. My thread is why he is talking about them.
Well, I don't think that's what he's doing. Hes just talking about aspects of his life. He's also made many posts about how much he loves his dogs. Someone who is trying to project only a macho image wouldn't share these things, imho.

Hold up now...
Hold up now...
Thanks. I agree. But if you talked about them I wouldn't think you were bragging.
Well yeah the context of me doing that matters, but in HereWeGoAgain's case, he thinks those activities are what defines his masculinity and I say that's stupid. My thread is why he is talking about them.

The activities I enjoy may define me in a way.
In fact you can define my hobbies as redneck if you want to.
But I enjoy the fact that I can live on my own with no assistance
from the modern world.

Hold up now...

I dont give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of me.
You're the one connecting those hobbies to being a "manly" man.

Thats up to you to decide.
I'd be happy to take you gigging.....if you have the balls.

Hold up now...

You're the one connecting those hobbies to being a "manly" man.

Thats up to you to decide.
I'd be happy to take you gigging.....if you have the balls.
Lol see again you're proving the premise of my OP.

I think of a redneck as a really moronic kind of a guy, who's always drunk, thinks he owns his woman, and is a bit out of control generally.
Is this correct?
I don't think of them as enjoying healthy outdoor pursuits, having the ability to be self sufficient and enjoying nature etc.

Hold up now...
Hold up now...

So you think I wade with gators to impress you?
Ya stupid fuk,I do it because I like frog legs and gators are allergic to lead.

I think of a redneck as a really moronic kind of a guy, who's always drunk, thinks he owns his woman, and is a bit out of control generally.
Is this correct?
I don't think of them as enjoying healthy outdoor pursuits, having the ability to be self sufficient and enjoying nature etc.

You do have your typical redneck asshole no doubt.
They're the type you end up getting in a fight with at the bar.
Then you have the Good Old Boy,such as myself,we dont start shit but we will end it.

Is this correct?

Then you have the Good Old Boy,such as myself,we dont start shit but we will end it.
Lol oh my god. You're too much, man.

Is this correct?

Come on down billy..
You'll love East Texas!!! We're especially welcoming to east and west liberals.

I highly recommend the drag races in Jasper!

i feel like republican men are like this. Deep down they are insecure, but on the surface, they like to pretend they are manly and tough. They like to think their ridiculous gun collection is an extension of this machismo. Anyone with reasonable intelligence sees through their facade.

I feel as though this short clip illustrates my point:

We can't all be liberal cucks like you.

Is this correct?

Come on down billy..

Well even if I did, your penis size would remain the same. Sorry.

Is this correct?

Come on down billy..

Come on now billy.
Here I am being nice to you and you're treating me like shit.
You really need to sweeten up

Is this correct?

Come on down billy..

Come on now billy.
Okay, you got me! Let's do it!

i feel like republican men are like this. Deep down they are insecure, but on the surface, they like to pretend they are manly and tough. They like to think their ridiculous gun collection is an extension of this machismo. Anyone with reasonable intelligence sees through their facade.

I feel as though this short clip illustrates my point:

Lordy, you sound like a homo

-Geaux

Come on down billy..

Come on now billy.
Okay, you got me! Let's do it!

Well I dont really know any sweet guys but I can steer you in the right direction...

At least I think I can not knowing jack shit other than using the google.
Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon

Maybe this will be of use, Billy:

20 things that 20 real women say make you manly

(I'm still wondering what the media mean when they say 'real' women)

But anyway, here's no 1:

1. “A manly man is compassionate, humble, and full of heart. He can laugh at himself and cares about other people's happiness. A manly man is also brave and has strong moral fiber.” – Brittany S

Hold up now...

:lol:

Of course not. That's why you've spent this whole thread bragging about how you fight alligators.

I don't think you wade with gators to impress us.

I think you post about to impress us.

Hold up now...

:lol:

Of course not. That's why you've spent this whole thread bragging about how you fight alligators.

I cant believe I have to say this again.
Ya dont wrestle em ya shoot em between the eyes!
upload_2017-6-23_4-56-27.png

I don't think you wade with gators to impress us.

I think you post about to impress us.

Once more in english please.

Forum List

Back