As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

It might have been a situation where I could not get a safe shot off and wouldn't have been able to try, but I'd like to know that I at least had a fair chance to defend myself.

A fair chance to hit other patrons too... including those in adjacent theatre rooms, like he did.

You obviously didn't read what I said.

Yes, because every trained gunman only fires when they are guaranteed a clear shot. Get real, you might have very well sprayed and prayed. Get back to me after you get in such a scary situation.

It might have been a situation where I could not get a safe shot off and wouldn't have been able to try, but I'd like to know that I at least had a fair chance to defend myself.

Unrealistic to put it mildly; the theater was dark, crowded, and the MOVIE GOERS absorbed in the movie, treats and those with them. More killer fantasies, not a shred of empathy with the victims.

Really? The survivors were able to see well enough to identify him after the incident.

Those that are dead, wounded or in a state of shock recognize his costume only. While the killer wannabes fantasize, my prayers and thoughts are with the police still trying to remove the apartment sized bomb he created.

tommy smothers would puke in your face if he knew you were quoting him

Your mother would have smothered you when you were born if she'd known how you were going to turn out.

Why are you insulting the character of his mother, insinuating that she's more than capable of neonaticide. Against the rules?

Man, the extremist right is perhaps unsettled, one of their kind committed mass murder, and the only replies are "I'll kill anybody who takes MY guns away!" & mindless attempts at insults.

Unrealistic to put it mildly; the theater was dark, crowded, and the MOVIE GOERS absorbed in the movie, treats and those with them. More killer fantasies, not a shred of empathy with the victims.

Really? The survivors were able to see well enough to identify him after the incident.

Those that are dead, wounded or in a state of shock recognize his costume only. While the killer wannabes fantasize, my prayers and thoughts are with the police still trying to remove the apartment sized bomb he created.

That's a mean thing to say right now... some folks are dealing with the tragedy by thinking maybe they could've made a difference.

Reality is, none of us knows how we would have reacted.... there was tear gas in the air and total chaos.
I agree with MuadDib in that I would like to know I had a fair chance to defend myself.... why does that make me a "killer wannabe" ??

I think I have had enough of this place for today... you all have a nice night.

I am going to go thank God my family is safe and sound.

That's a mean thing to say right now... some folks are dealing with the tragedy by thinking maybe they could've made a difference.

Reality is, none of us knows how we would have reacted.... there was tear gas in the air and total chaos.
I agree with MuadDib in that I would like to know I had a fair chance to defend myself.... why does that make me a "killer wannabe" ??

I think I have had enough of this place for today... you all have a nice night.

I am going to go thank God my family is safe and sound.

I would have reacted like everybody else... get shot, play dead, or run away. I'm not envisioning some grand fantasy where I did anything heroic.

A fair chance to hit other patrons too... including those in adjacent theatre rooms, like he did.

Yes, because every trained gunman only fires when they are guaranteed a clear shot. Get real, you might have very well sprayed and prayed. Get back to me after you get in such a scary situation.

Even highly trained police officers make a bad shot occasionally. It happens. Most people with HCP's or CCW's are very careful because part of the training is in when you can and cannot shoot and what the consequences are if you screw up.

"You are legally, morally, and financially responsible for every round that leaves your weapon."

The killer had body armor & a bullet proof vest; the patrons, popcorn, soda, candy and loved ones; the fantasies of the gun lovers (odd, none of them are serving in combat zones, but that is almost always the case), omit the facts while they pretend to be Dirty Harry.

Even highly trained police officers make a bad shot occasionally. It happens. Most people with HCP's or CCW's are very careful because part of the training is in when you can and cannot shoot and what the consequences are if you screw up.

"You are legally, morally, and financially responsible for every round that leaves your weapon."

Yeah and you fucking know what? The gun nut forums on the internet are inundated with posts about how shitty of shots their fellow shooters are at the gun range. I know, I read many. You guys are not even close to being all crack shots, and that's when you're not even being shot back at.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a way to take an assault weapon, and to place an internal timer on board it somehow ? Otherwise here is how it would work - The weapon with such an internal timer installed will fire two rounds in repeat or back to back, but before it will fire the next rounds off, it automatically waits or will hesitate before firing again, because of a one minute timer on board (set in motion by the shots fired) in which has to expire before the next 3 rounds in repeat or back to back can be released in a legal semi-automatic weapon, where as the timer then kicks in for another minute interval, before another three rounds can be released or discharged as well. I think I am rich now, because this can be done, and it should be done.. I will use this idea and this site for storage of, when this technology idea is placed into motion by any company willing to work to solve this problem (i.e. takes up this idea), in which also becomes rich due to finally solving the problem in which we are having in this nation to date, it will be good. This will be great without totally banning guns that so many enjoy using and/or shooting in the right ways, and not using them in the wrong ways in which we see as being a huge problem in this and other nations more and more. Anyone like technology(?) then this is yet another form of good technology that should be developed and used to help ease the problem of bringing down a shooter in such a case as was found in these cases now being born in this nation... Call me when my part of the check is ready once developed this technology, in which is now born from such an idea... Thanks

You read it hear first folks, now lets get busy, because it can be done, and we should name the timer after someone who was killed at the theater (the youngest name amongst the dead would be appropriate), and we could also name the law that places these timers into the weapons after the same person once the mandate is passed, sort of like Megans Law and etc......God Bless America!

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a way to take an assault weapon, and to place an internal timer on board it somehow ? Otherwise here is how it would work - The weapon with such an internal timer installed will fire two rounds in repeat or back to back, but before it will fire the next rounds off, it automatically waits or will hesitate before firing again, because of a one minute timer on board (set in motion by the shots fired) in which has to expire before the next 3 rounds in repeat or back to back can be released in a legal semi-automatic weapon, where as the timer then kicks in for another minute interval, before another three rounds can be released or discharged as well. I think I am rich now, because this can be done, and it should be done.. I will use this idea and this site for storage of, when this technology idea is placed into motion by any company willing to work to solve this problem (i.e. takes up this idea), in which also becomes rich due to finally solving the problem in which we are having in this nation to date, it will be good. This will be great without totally banning guns that so many enjoy using and/or shooting in the right ways, and not using them in the wrong ways in which we see as being a huge problem in this and other nations more and more. Anyone like technology(?) then this is yet another form of good technology that should be developed and used to help ease the problem of bringing down a shooter in such a case as was found in these cases now being born in this nation... Call me when my part of the check is ready once developed this technology, in which is now born from such an idea... Thanks

You read it hear first folks, now lets get busy, because it can be done, and we should name the timer after someone who was killed at the theater (the youngest name amongst the dead would be appropriate), and we could also name the law that places these timers into the weapons after the same person once the mandate is passed, sort of like Megans Law and etc......God Bless America!

What? You're thinking about profit?

Yeah and you fucking know what? The gun nut forums on the internet are inundated with posts about how shitty of shots their fellow shooters are at the gun range. I know, I read many. You guys are not even close to being all crack shots, and that's when you're not even being shot back at.
Again, "You are legally, morally, and financially responsible for every round that leaves your weapon."

Again, "You are legally, morally, and financially responsible for every round that leaves your weapon."

I'm sure you're going to think about that when being hunted down, your family and friends hunted down. Reality is, fight or flight kicks in and if it's fight, you're probably going to start emptying your clip(s), and those bullets cannot be willed to hit what you want. If they happen to be heading towards an innocent in direct sight or through a wall you cannot see, you very well may have unintentional casualties on your hand, and doing the perp a favor.

yeah. ambush during a movie screening.

clearly more guns would have helped.

You don't get it do you? unarmed crowds are like fish in a barrel. There was at least 50 wounded, if at least two or more people would have had a gun less people would be hurt and dead.

kind of like this guy.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm9o3vhKoF8]71 year old Man shoots robbers - Caught on tape! - YouTube[/ame]

Yes exactly

What? You're thinking about profit?
Yep, but not in the sense that you are trying to portray it in, but rather in the sense that when a person comes up with ground breaking technology, in which solves a huge delema in a nation plagued with traggedy after traggedy, it will be the most honest and best profit a person could ever imagine possible, because not only would the money be there to remind me of what I had accomplished in such a traggic situation in order to help solve it, but it could also be instrumental in lifting up people in this nation that have these kinds of attitudes and ideas to help a nation, instead of sitting around scratching ones head about it all, and being beat down by those who oppose those who don't have the resources to battle those who constantly kill any kind of hope in solving such problems, by their money in which ends up being dirty money in the end.. Do you think that profiting off an idea to help stop genocide or mass killings is a bad thing ? Do tell..... B/

Last edited:
We had a war over this very thing back in 1776, try it again.

I wonder why Australians didn't riot? Maybe we are more civilised and accepting of the laws?

from what i was told only your farmers and ranchers stood up to the government,and they thought the rest of you would have stood behind them....hey just what a bunch of Aussies told me...

Sounds like a bunch of city people who depend on the government for protection drowned out the voices of those who depend on themselves

Your mother would have smothered you when you were born if she'd known how you were going to turn out.

Why are you insulting the character of his mother, insinuating that she's more than capable of neonaticide. Against the rules?

Man, the extremist right is perhaps unsettled, one of their kind committed mass murder, and the only replies are "I'll kill anybody who takes MY guns away!" & mindless attempts at insults.

"one of their kind?" How do you figure?

Forum List

Back