As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Are you brain dead? How many people were killed with guns in DC before the gun ban was lifted?

Australia banned the sale of guns after the Port Arthur massacre. Since then, we have no more mass shootings. Yet America suffers a mass shooting every week, it would appear - why is that?
so its because of guns ?.....or mental illness?....

No, not every week, and take POPULATION into account also.

Apparently their was a need for someone other than the gunman to have a gun.

yeah. ambush during a movie screening.

clearly more guns would have helped.

You don't get it do you? unarmed crowds are like fish in a barrel. There was at least 50 wounded, if at least two or more people would have had a gun less people would be hurt and dead.

kind of like this guy.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm9o3vhKoF8]71 year old Man shoots robbers - Caught on tape! - YouTube[/ame]

Guns are not allowed here, so obviously not. If you were caught with a weapon though, you'd be up on charges.

I don't think anyone should take a weapon into a place like a theatre - is there any need to?

I don't think anyone should take a weapon into a place like a theatre - is there any need to?
10 families might argue with you on that.
if it was here in Cali.....someone would have pulled a gun to shoot the guy.....and then he would have remembered he is not allowed to have bullets...:eusa_eh:

Doubtful, many were dressed up, and as at most theaters, many had sodas, candy popcorn, etc. Some were with children, some with lovers. The fantasy "I'D HAVE shot the ____" is just that, a fantasy. The killer planned well, a dark theater, with loud sounds, and an audience concentrating on the screen & their own lives, taken unaware.

Robots are being used to try to get into, and remove, the trap the killer set. So many chemicals, wires, and munitions it could level half a city block. Five apartment complexes evacuated. This is not an every day, or every YEAR, event.

A lot of people in prison for murder, too. Is a murder rap more important than handing over a gun?

We had a war over this very thing back in 1776, try it again.

I wonder why Australians didn't riot? Maybe we are more civilised and accepting of the laws?

from what i was told only your farmers and ranchers stood up to the government,and they thought the rest of you would have stood behind them....hey just what a bunch of Aussies told me...

Armed civilians don't work together, and are very likely to shoot each other in the commotion thinking there are more than one shooters. It's not a game with heads up display indicators. A security guard(s) are far more appropriate, tasked specifically for the job.
Psst.... security guards are armned civilians.

Yeah, I'm sure if you were there you would have been the hero.
I'm sure you woud have cowered behind your date.

Wow. You don't honestly think I was implying security guards are not civilians, do you? Retard.
Well then...
You said:
Armed civilians don't work together, and are very likely to shoot each other in the commotion thinking there are more than one shooters
How does this not apply to armed security guards?

BTW... its usually useless to hide behind a girlfriend as they usually only stop 2-3 points. Yours? Prolly 12 or so - you're good to go.

[...]

If ordinary citizens shouldn't be allowed to have B52 bombers, cruise missiles, M1 tanks, bunker buster bombs, etc, then how would they be able to overthrow the oppressive government when the government DOES have these weapons?
By guerilla actions over a long and costly time.

A single-shot .22 rifle, if carefully deployed, can yield an M-16. That M-16 if carefully deployed can yield several more M-16s, along with ammunition and some grenades. And so on.

The purpose of guerilla ambushes is to obtain weapons. The success of the Mexican Revolution is one very prominent example of the effectiveness of the strategy. From machetes to machine guns and light cannon. From patrols to trains. From trains to forts. From forts to the Palace.

Time and determination are primary. Weapons are secondary but available.

It the government was truly oppressive, it wouldn't hesitate to use its vast arsenals against any uprising. I doubt the militia types would stand much of a chance against the gov't forces even if they had fully auto small arms. Your determined guerilla isn't going to stand much of a chance when a smart bomb gets dropped on his ass.
I'm sorry -- how was is it, exactly that we lost the war in Iraq?

I am not altogether familiar with gun crime in Mexico - the only gun crime we hear about over here is mostly in the US, as this is what is mostly reported, sorry!

That's because Mexico doesn't have a media that loves showing how screwed up their country is.

Mexico has had hundreds of multiple shootings in drug wars along the border this year. The death toll is close to that of the Iraq War. Heads being cut off and put on a spike. It's a mess.

Mexico is another right wing utopia. Guns everywhere, limited government, abortion is illegal, strongly religious,..why are you mocking mexico?
you know a lot about Mexico dont you?....

Psst.... security guards are armned civilians.

I'm sure you woud have cowered behind your date.

Wow. You don't honestly think I was implying security guards are not civilians, do you? Retard.
Well then...
You said:
Armed civilians don't work together, and are very likely to shoot each other in the commotion thinking there are more than one shooters
How does this not apply to armed security guards?

BTW... its usually useless to hide behind a girlfriend as they usually only stop 2-3 points. Yours? Prolly 12 or so - you're good to go.

First of all, security guards are employed specifically to stop crime and coordinate with fellow guards in a large establishment, and are not simply patrons who happen to have a gun and want to add themselves to the mix... confusing guards and other armed civilians alike.

Secondly, what's up with the insulting of a fictitious girlfriend of mine. That's super fucking random and incredibly retarded. Great job champ.

Let's not forget that Australia has a population of 22 million, whereas the United States boasts a comparatively vast population of over 300 million. Regardless of the weapons available, the consequence of living in a much denser population results in a higher probability of falling victim to one of the many head cases that live along side you.

This is true, and I do acknowledge this fact. But - having to hear on the news about yet another mass shooting in the US makes me wonder about how easy it is to get a gun. And I really do believe that banning guns would eventually show a reduction in the number of mass shootings, the problem is, no one seems interested enough to even give it a go.

because your not going to ban guns in this Country.....if they tried there would be a record number of mass shootings on that day they came to get them.........

They? Think for a moment, the topography of this nations makes the thought of any mass firearm confiscation laughable. There are areas in my county, and people live in these areas, that often cannot be reached except by ATVs. Tanks would be stuck, at the next hard rain, drifting into to the Osceola Forest, maybe one might get to the Okefenokee.

This is true, and I do acknowledge this fact. But - having to hear on the news about yet another mass shooting in the US makes me wonder about how easy it is to get a gun. And I really do believe that banning guns would eventually show a reduction in the number of mass shootings, the problem is, no one seems interested enough to even give it a go.

because your not going to ban guns in this Country.....if they tried there would be a record number of mass shootings on that day they came to get them.........

Thanks for explaining the reason guns should be banned.
No way could any poster have explained it better. :clap2:

why thank you.....but i am just telling you why they wont be banned.....

What reason was that? Oh right, you implied gun owners all across the country have it in them to start their own random shooting sprees.

You're one sick fuck. Good deterrence.

Last edited:

They? Think for a moment, the topography of this nations makes the thought of any mass firearm confiscation laughable. There are areas in my county, and people live in these areas, that often cannot be reached except by ATVs. Tanks would be stuck, at the next hard rain, drifting into to the Osceola Forest, maybe one might get to the Okefenokee.

well then think about the places they can get too.....ok.....does that make it easier for you?....:eusa_eh:

No, you are fantasizing about violence instead of considering REALITY. The geographic makeup of the US makes firearm confiscation ABSURD. The killer fantasized also, but some of his sick dreams came true.

What reason was that? Oh right, you implied gun owners all across the country have it in them to start their own random shooting sprees.

You're one sick fuck.

did i say that?....or did i say if the Govt comes for the guns there will be a few shootings....your one dumbass Cow....just like the real ones....here let me make you feel at home....:cow:.....Mooooooo......

You're one sick fuck.

did i say that?....or did i say if the Govt comes for the guns there will be a few shootings....your one dumbass Cow....just like the real ones....here let me make you feel at home....:cow:.....Mooooooo......

A few? You said a record number of mass shootings. You were very clear. Where would you shoot up?

Any criminal can obtain a gun... Arguing that gun laws caused this fucknut to go nuts is beyond stupid....

You're one sick fuck.

"The Government" is not a monolith, citizens like you comprise the employed thereof. No one could "take away" all weapons in the US, and your expressed desire to kill, less than a day after a mass shooting spree slaughter, is horrific.

Forum List

Back