As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

Yeah and you fucking know what? The gun nut forums on the internet are inundated with posts about how shitty of shots their fellow shooters are at the gun range. I know, I read many. You guys are not even close to being all crack shots, and that's when you're not even being shot back at.
Again, "You are legally, morally, and financially responsible for every round that leaves your weapon."

I'm sure you're going to think about that when being hunted down, your family and friends hunted down. Reality is, fight or flight kicks in and if it's fight, you're probably going to start emptying your clip(s), and those bullets cannot be willed to hit what you want. If they happen to be heading towards an innocent in direct sight or through a wall you cannot see, you very well may have unintentional casualties on your hand, and doing the perp a favor.

Then again, a defensive shooter might just put a round on target and stop the threat.

OK, if you want to be specific, a firearm is a weapon that launches one or more projectiles at high velocity through confined burning of a propellant. So, a 16" 50 cal Naval bag gun is a firearm. A 155mm howitzer is a firearm. A M1 Abrams tank is both a vehicle and a firearm. A M60 machinegun is a firearm. A mortar is a firearm. A grenade launcher is a firearm. Are each of these things OK for Joe Blow to own and use?

And you didn't answer the question. If ordinary citizens are not allowed the use of "equal military weapons" up to and including WMD's, how could they hope to overthrow an oppressive government that does have these weapons?

fire·arm   [fahyuhr-ahrm] Show IPA
noun
a small arms weapon, as a rifle or pistol, from which a projectile is fired by gunpowder.

OK, so you think ordinary citizens should be able to have the same small arms that soldiers and marines carry? You draw the line at machine guns? Is a Bofors 40mm AA gun OK? Any Joe Blow should be able to go to the corner gun shop and walk out with an M60? You should be able to go to the movies with an UZI? I guess I should be happy that at least you don't think you have the right to WMD's.

OK, so you think ordinary citizens should be able to have the same small arms that soldiers and marines carry?

It makes fighting a tyrannical government easier, and will keep it at bay.

You draw the line at machine guns? Is a Bofors 40mm AA gun OK?Any Joe Blow should be able to go to the corner gun shop and walk out with an M60? You should be able to go to the movies with an UZI?
Any firearm that would be acceptable use for the regular military. I am also willing to bet you are anti voter ID?

You're the one who said that woman reporter in Egypt deserved to be raped.....too.

And for the same reasons! That reporter in Egypt thought that her blonde pubic hair would protect her. Matt Shepherd thought that no one would dare harm a gay. Lawrence King harassed a classmate until he got a bullet in his head. All people who just never quite understood the danger they were putting themselves in.

hey everybody, look at the winner of the ugliest bigot of the day :clap2:

project much idiot?

noun
a small arms weapon, as a rifle or pistol, from which a projectile is fired by gunpowder.

OK, so you think ordinary citizens should be able to have the same small arms that soldiers and marines carry? You draw the line at machine guns? Is a Bofors 40mm AA gun OK? Any Joe Blow should be able to go to the corner gun shop and walk out with an M60? You should be able to go to the movies with an UZI? I guess I should be happy that at least you don't think you have the right to WMD's.

OK, so you think ordinary citizens should be able to have the same small arms that soldiers and marines carry?

You draw the line at machine guns? Is a Bofors 40mm AA gun OK?Any Joe Blow should be able to go to the corner gun shop and walk out with an M60? You should be able to go to the movies with an UZI?
Any firearm that would be acceptable use for the regular military. I am also willing to bet you are anti voter ID?

In your world, there'd be a lot more than than 12 dead if he had an m60 that was easily publicly accessible and legal, and walmart c4 in his home.

But hey, at least you'd feel more free, right?

Remember: when seconds count, the police are only minutes away!

The police are not legally bound to protect anyone, they may show up in minutes or hours, or at least the next day. But they will be there.:eusa_whistle:

You obviously didn't read what I said.

Yes, because every trained gunman only fires when they are guaranteed a clear shot. Get real, you might have very well sprayed and prayed. Get back to me after you get in such a scary situation.

The killer had body armor & a bullet proof vest; the patrons, popcorn, soda, candy and loved ones; the fantasies of the gun lovers (odd, none of them are serving in combat zones, but that is almost always the case), omit the facts while they pretend to be Dirty Harry.

So true.

In your world, there'd be a lot more than than 12 dead if he had an m60 that was easily publicly accessible and legal, and walmart c4 in his home.

In my world governments are run by corrupted lying people who will do anything to stay in power. I want a fair chance to fight them if needs be.

You obviously didn't read what I said.

Yes, because every trained gunman only fires when they are guaranteed a clear shot. Get real, you might have very well sprayed and prayed. Get back to me after you get in such a scary situation.

The killer had body armor & a bullet proof vest; the patrons, popcorn, soda, candy and loved ones; the fantasies of the gun lovers (odd, none of them are serving in combat zones, but that is almost always the case), omit the facts while they pretend to be Dirty Harry.

How much you want to bet the shooting took place in a gun free zone?

Why are you insulting the character of his mother, insinuating that she's more than capable of neonaticide. Against the rules?

Man, the extremist right is perhaps unsettled, one of their kind committed mass murder, and the only replies are "I'll kill anybody who takes MY guns away!" & mindless attempts at insults.

"one of their kind?" How do you figure?
'

No gun control law on earth could prevent the McVeigh, Smith, Cho, or Holmes killers from their goals. And yipping about this as a gun control issue is callous; as we write law enforcement are risking their lives to prevent a possible massive bomb, his APARTMENT, from detonating. Yet most posts are about gun rights, SURREAL.

noun

I think the death toll would be far more horrific if nutjobs like the theater killer got their hands on full auto weapons with high capacity magazines. Fortunately, this country has at least a small modicum of common sense and does allow for some reasonable limitations on weapons.

As far as voter ID goes, doesn't bother me. I carry an ID around anyway. Does gun registration bother you?

In my world governments are run by corrupted lying people who will do anything to stay in power. I want a fair chance to fight them if needs be.

Ohhhhh, I see. You're fine with him being able to legally get his hands on machine guns to kill more people faster, because you also want to be able to kill more government agents faster as well. Got it...

Yeah and you fucking know what? The gun nut forums on the internet are inundated with posts about how shitty of shots their fellow shooters are at the gun range. I know, I read many. You guys are not even close to being all crack shots, and that's when you're not even being shot back at.
Again, "You are legally, morally, and financially responsible for every round that leaves your weapon."

I'm sure you're going to think about that when being hunted down, your family and friends hunted down. Reality is, fight or flight kicks in and if it's fight, you're probably going to start emptying your clip(s), and those bullets cannot be willed to hit what you want. If they happen to be heading towards an innocent in direct sight or through a wall you cannot see, you very well may have unintentional casualties on your hand, and doing the perp a favor.

you're probably going to start emptying your clip(s)

attachment.php

poster33090609rc9-tm.jpg

sks4.jpg

Last edited:

Ohhhhh, I see. You're fine with him being able to legally get his hands on machine guns to kill more people faster, because you also want to be able to kill more government agents faster as well. Got it...

What a fucking drama queen bitch, people buy guns intending to kill more people for no reason. What type of world do you live in?

because you also want to be able to kill more government agents faster as well. Got it

I don't want to kill anyone, but I do want to be able to defend myself on equal grounds

What a fucking drama queen bitch, people buy guns intending to kill more people for no reason. What type of world do you live in?

because you also want to be able to kill more government agents faster as well. Got it

I don't want to kill anyone, but I do want to be able to defend myself on equal grounds

I live in a world where some people buy weapons that help them kill more victims. Do you live in a world full of peace?

Man, the extremist right is perhaps unsettled, one of their kind committed mass murder, and the only replies are "I'll kill anybody who takes MY guns away!" & mindless attempts at insults.

'

No gun control law on earth could prevent the McVeigh, Smith, Cho, or Holmes killers from their goals. And yipping about this as a gun control issue is callous; as we write law enforcement are risking their lives to prevent a possible massive bomb, his APARTMENT, from detonating. Yet most posts are about gun rights, SURREAL.

Then why do Liberals keep pushing for gun control?

I live in a world where some people buy weapons that help them kill more victims. Do you live in a world full of peace?

I live in a world that has corrupt people running the government, maybe when the party changes power and goes back Republican you will say the same thing.

How much you want to bet the shooting took place in a gun free zone?

I hope a theater is, but my concern remains the officers. And as I have written repeatedly, the killer could have used other means to slaughter; bomb, poison gas, etc. Turning this into a gun issue ignores the victims; the natural human response is to think "it could not happen to me, because.....". But it CAN.

I wonder if there is a way to take an assault weapon, and to place an internal timer on board it somehow ? Otherwise here is how it would work - The weapon with such an internal timer installed will fire two rounds in repeat or back to back, but before it will fire the next rounds off, it automatically waits or will hesitate before firing again, because of a one minute timer on board (set in motion by the shots fired) in which has to expire before the next 3 rounds in repeat or back to back can be released in a legal semi-automatic weapon, where as the timer then kicks in for another minute interval, before another three rounds can be released or discharged as well. I think I am rich now, because this can be done, and it should be done.. I will use this idea and this site for storage of, when this technology idea is placed into motion by any company willing to work to solve this problem (i.e. takes up this idea), in which also becomes rich due to finally solving the problem in which we are having in this nation to date, it will be good. This will be great without totally banning guns that so many enjoy using and/or shooting in the right ways, and not using them in the wrong ways in which we see as being a huge problem in this and other nations more and more. Anyone like technology(?) then this is yet another form of good technology that should be developed and used to help ease the problem of bringing down a shooter in such a case as was found in these cases now being born in this nation... Call me when my part of the check is ready once developed this technology, in which is now born from such an idea... Thanks

You read it hear first folks, now lets get busy, because it can be done, and we should name the timer after someone who was killed at the theater (the youngest name amongst the dead would be appropriate), and we could also name the law that places these timers into the weapons after the same person once the mandate is passed, sort of like Megans Law and etc......God Bless America!

Thank you for confirming once again what the rest of us already knew - you truly are an idiot.

Jon Benet Ramsey was found with her panties wrapped around her neck. How about we outlaw little girls panties? I'm sure most liberals here would support that anyway, being the sick bunch of bastards that they are.

Al Capone once beat two guys to death during dinner with a baseball bat. How about we outlaw baseball now?

The Boston Strangler would strangle women to death with scarves. How about we outlaw scarves now?

Jack The Ripper stabbed people to death. How about we outlaw all steak knives and butter knives now?

Many women have been strangled to death by people they know (husbands, boyfriends, etc.). How about we amputate the arms of ALL males in America?

There is no end to the liberal stupidity. They have less common sense than the average infant. Blaming the guns for a crime is like a fat person blaming a fork and spoon for their weight problem.

'

The very first response to this thread

Would this have happened if guns were banned in the US?

Forum List

Back