As many as 10 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver: reports

I don't recall saying I want gun control, but since you mention it, we have plenty of gun control already and strangely enough I don't feel the need to carry weapons for self defense whenever I leave the house like you do.

Do you have a fire extinguisher in your home? Do you have a smoke detector in your home? Do you have a first aid kit in your home? Do you have home owners insurance? Do you have an emergency contact number?

Mostly, yes.
But I don't have a fallout shelter or a panic room or grizzly bear repellent.

I don't think bigreb has an Abrams tank or a B-52 bomber, so that makes you about even.

I don't recall saying I want gun control, but since you mention it, we have plenty of gun control already and strangely enough I don't feel the need to carry weapons for self defense whenever I leave the house like you do.

Do you have a fire extinguisher in your home? Do you have a smoke detector in your home? Do you have a first aid kit in your home? Do you have home owners insurance? Do you have an emergency contact number?

Mostly, yes.
But I don't have a fallout shelter or a panic room or grizzly bear repellent.

Why do you live a life of fear?

Would this have happened if guns were banned in the US?

Good idea. Banning pot has worked so well to keep pot off of the streets.

Sarcasm in this situation is pathetic......Of course you should BAN GUNS and the revolting culture that goes with it.

Don't spew all the 2nd amendment bullshit please.

Australia have a NO GUN CULTURE and we have a better LIFE,of course we do.

The Idiot DISCREDITED NGLobby of the US tried to create their BULLSHIT here and were run out of this country by the Australian Government.

Guns are OK for sporting organizations and the Police and Military ONLY.

Say NO TO GUNS whilst you can,If you have the intestinal fortitude.WE HAVE:clap2:theliq

That's easy to say when you don't have tens of millions of Afros trying to turn your civilization into a jungle and tens of millions of Hispanics trying to turn your country into something halfway between civilization and a jungle.

When I have to blow the brains out of a Trayvon, he can consider it a discharge.

Would this have happened if guns were banned in the US?

Good idea. Banning pot has worked so well to keep pot off of the streets.

Sarcasm in this situation is pathetic......Of course you should BAN GUNS and the revolting culture that goes with it.

Don't spew all the 2nd amendment bullshit please.

The Idiot DISCREDITED NGLobby of the US tried to create their BULLSHIT here and were run out of this country by the Australian Government.

Say NO TO GUNS whilst you can,If you have the intestinal fortitude.WE HAVE:clap2:theliq

What about the millions of us who own guns and obey the law? I own a few, have a carry permit, and I haven't even had a speeding ticket in over 30 years.

What about the millions of us who own guns and obey the law? I own a few, have a carry permit, and I haven't even had a speeding ticket in over 30 years.

That is true, which is why I don't truly want Americans to ban guns entirely. It punishes those who are responsible. What I would like to see, though, is tougher gun laws. Those who are responsible shouldn't have an issue with this - it is important to do everything you can to prevent firearms from ending up in the wrong hands.

That's easy to say when you don't have tens of millions of Afros trying to turn your civilization into a jungle and tens of millions of Hispanics trying to turn your country into something halfway between civilization and a jungle.

When I have to blow the brains out of a Trayvon, he can consider it a discharge.

Sorry but WHITE AMERICANS HAVE IN THE MAIN CREATED YOUR CULTURE,FOR BETTER OR WORST,YOU ARE QUITE A VIOLENT PEOPLE,YOU LIKE TO KILL,MOREOVER YOU EXCECUTE......WHAT A DEMOCRACY......BUT HERE YOU ARE TRYING TO ABROGATE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY..........Sorry Ariux....YOU ARE GUILTY AS CHARGED.I'm theliq dealing only in truth and right.

As has been shown again,VERY SADLY,some folk should never be within a million miles of a GUN....I pray for the victims and their families and for Americans as a whole.There is a better way,WE KNOW BECAUSE WE HAVE IT.

Last edited:

That is true, which is why I don't truly want Americans to ban guns entirely. It punishes those who are responsible. What I would like to see, though, is tougher gun laws. Those who are responsible shouldn't have an issue with this - it is important to do everything you can to prevent firearms from ending up in the wrong hands.

How do you do that without infringing on the rights of innocent people? It's already illegal to own a firearm if you're a convicted felon or have a sufficient psychiatric history. The guy in the theater shooting had no prior criminal or psychiatric history. There's already a national database where a gun store can run an instant background check on you. This guy passed it because he had a clean record with no priors.

The only thing more that can be done is to make thought-crime illegal.

How do you do that without infringing on the rights of innocent people? It's already illegal to own a firearm if you're a convicted felon or have a sufficient psychiatric history. The guy in the theater shooting had no prior criminal or psychiatric history. There's already a national database where a gun store can run an instant background check on you. This guy passed it because he had a clean record with no priors.

I don't know what else could be done. But SOMETHING has to be done to prevent these shootings. One mass shooting is one too many.

very simple .....BAN GUNS TO THE ORDINARY POPULATION,AND THIS HORRIFIC SITUATION WILL IN TIME BECOME A THING OF THE PAST.....I agree with Noomi completely AND SO SHOULD YOU,BUT IT TAKES A BACKBONE,ESPECIALLY IN THE US.

Americans need to ask themselves which is more important - their right to own a gun, or preventing mass shootings.

There is a right answer and a wrong answer here.

I don't know what else could be done. But SOMETHING has to be done to prevent these shootings. One mass shooting is one too many.
We'd all like to see these kind of mass shootings prevented. The question is: how much personal liberty are you willing to sacrifice to achieve it?

This guy killed 12 people. Maj. Nidal Hasan killed 13 at Fort Hood. Do we confiscate the U.S. Army's guns? The answer there is no. Military personel aren't allowed to carry on base. Nidal wasn't stopped until a civilian police afficer arrived and shot him.

Americans need to ask themselves which is more important - their right to own a gun, or preventing mass shootings.

I place more value on my right to own a gun because I know myself and I know that I won't commit a crime. If I'm attacked and I'm armed, I have a reasonable chance of defending myself. There is already a reasonable level of gun control. Felons and psychs aren't allowed to possess them. Any further restriction is only going to inhibit law abiding citizens like me, not the crooks. They'll have all the guns they want.

I place more value on my right to own a gun because I know myself and I know that I won't commit a crime. If I'm attacked and I'm armed, I have a reasonable chance of defending myself. There is already a reasonable level of gun control. Felons and psychs aren't allowed to possess them. Any further restriction is only going to inhibit law abiding citizens like me, not the crooks. They'll have all the guns they want.

So your 'right' to own a gun is far more important than preventing innocent people from being killed? Is it okay for innocent people to be killed so long as they don't take your gun away?

I cannot agree with that at all.

So your 'right' to own a gun is far more important than preventing innocent people from being killed? Is it okay for innocent people to be killed so long as they don't take your gun away?

I cannot agree with that at all.
My value is in my right to defend myself. Gun control only inhibits law abiding citizens, not criminals.

Forum List

Back